PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Day

PJ's Mom
02-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Today is groundhog day.

Phil didn't see his shadow this morning, so it looks like we might be in for an early spring! :D

JenBKR
02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I heard that this morning! WOOHOO! Maybe spring will come today? :p

KittyGurl
02-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Yay :) Spring is gonna be coming soon. I really want Winter to be over since it doesn't seem to be snowing in Philly that much.
Happy Groundhog Day Everybody!!!!!!!!!

buckner
02-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Nooo!!! Winter practically just started here... it snowed several inches last night and it's still snowing, and it's oh so beautiful!!! Spring, go away, let winter stay for a while!! :D

cyber-sibes
02-02-2007, 10:47 AM
On Friday morning, 7:30 a.m., February 2, Ohio's official groundhog, Buckeye Chuck of Marion, stepped out of his lair in snowy, overcast weather. He did not see his shadow. According to legend, Ohioans can expect an early spring.
Yeah! Phil & Chuck - both predicted an early spring!
I hope we get a couple good snows before that, just to make my huskies happy. :D

Karen
02-02-2007, 10:53 AM
I never believe the groundhogs - who knows what "early" means to them anyway! But Happy Groundhog Day everyone! Now let those critters get back to hibernation!

DrKym
02-02-2007, 11:16 AM
You mean we are having a winter??? *looks out window :rolleyes: * Maybe I should plant early then we can have some snow fun? 2 snow falls all season! Not counting the Ice storm ................but I have been walking the dogs in a jacket no gloves and no scarf needed for weeks now :(

momoffuzzyfaces
02-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Our local weather man said 4 out of 5 groundhogs agree that we will have an early spring!!! Oh, how I hope the little beggers are right!!!

Um, does Phil look a bit smaller to you? Last year he seemed hugh. Maybe he retired and this is the next of kin? :D

davidpizzica
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
You mean we are having a winter??? *looks out window :rolleyes: * Maybe I should plant early then we can have some snow fun? 2 snow falls all season! Not counting the Ice storm ................but I have been walking the dogs in a jacket no gloves and no scarf needed for weeks now :(
Hey Doc! C'mon over to Pittsburgh. We're getting dumped on with lake effect snow! You can have ALL of it!

sirrahved
02-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Nooo!!! Winter practically just started here... it snowed several inches last night and it's still snowing, and it's oh so beautiful!!! Spring, go away, let winter stay for a while!! :D

I'm sorry, you've been outvoted. Haven't you noticed it's cold outside :p

Dorothy39
02-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm going with the Ground Hogs, Come ONNNN Spring~~Please Be Early~~~

Yeah David P, we all know what Lake Effect Snow is here too, So Dr. Goodnow, if it's snow you want, I'll be glad to contribute a few truck loads as well :D

Thanks for the Ground Hog Update Moff ( 4 out of 5 Ground Hogs agree....)

I like Ground Hogs now!!! :cool:

dukedogsmom
02-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I was watching the movie today on Comedy Central. I love it. I just hope it stays cool here for the state fair. I've been one year when it was like summer and was miserable.

Craftlady
02-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Up until now it's been really mild here in Kentucky. November/December we were wearing light weight jackets and at times NO jackets. January has been another story. Got cold and stayed cold. Last 2 days we have had two snow storms dumping 1 1/2 last night with 1/2 inch day before and now sub zero temperatures are headed our way by tomorrow night. :(
My poor daffs are covered with snow.

Dorothy39
02-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh Yes, We're all aboard The Artic Express now~ Like it or not, we have the Golden Ticket anyway :rolleyes:

Baby, It's going to be COLD outside pretty soon :o

My Poor daffodils are covered with ice and snow now ~They were tricked by Mother Nature (poor babies)

Dukedogsmom~ Sooo Glad you're okay Girl!!!! :o

dukedogsmom
02-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Dorothy, we got off work this morning and I swear, I've never seen lightning that bad before. It was crazy. Luckily, the really bad things happened north of us. But, I feel horrible for those people. They said the wind was up to 150mph. End thread hijack.

RedHedd
02-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Sunny and warm in CA for this weekend. I heard lower California temps are heading up to the 80's!

CathyBogart
02-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, if the beautiful weather hangs around, Jasper and I will be spending lots of time at the dog park!!

K9karen
02-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Yay :) Spring is gonna be coming soon. I really want Winter to be over since it doesn't seem to be snowing in Philly that much.
Happy Groundhog Day Everybody!!!!!!!!!

You a Philly "gurl" too? I was born and bred...

Yup..*knocks on wood*..we lucked out so far.....shhhhh..no jinxes. We always seem to get hit hard in March.

K9karen
02-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Sunny and warm in CA for this weekend. I heard lower California temps are heading up to the 80's!

Yeah, yeah, rub it in.....

momoffuzzyfaces
02-03-2007, 01:48 PM
80s?????????????????? :eek:
I'd be THRILLED with 50s right now!!!! :D

BC_MoM
02-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Perhaps we should get a different groundhog for Canada. It's freezing here. In Manitoba, it's been near -40 with the windchill for several days now, and apparently.. it's here for a few weeks.

DrKym
02-03-2007, 02:19 PM
*looking out the window for the trucks from DavidP and Dorothy*.........all I see is sunny days......chasing the clouds away......can ya all tell that my grandson called today?? He can sing the whole song now ;) .

It is colder here today it is 25, but way sunny, so it feels more like 35-40 spring weather for sure! :(

Argranade
02-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Aww I forgot all about my little groundhog friend & her babies, lol

They used to live under our garage and the mother was so friendy to me lol, she would run right up to me then would jump on my lap while she ate some fresh carrots, apples ect ... she even let me pat her and everything, altho one time I picked her up then she bite me cutting my finger open .. but I was fine and I learned never to try that again lol!

I'm not sure where she is now, I think my nabour caught her for eating the flowers ... oh well .. at least Mr.possum still visets me and the racoons.

I'll stick with waiting for robins lol.