PDA

View Full Version : Buying frozen meat online for a raw diet?

gemini9961
02-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I feed the pups raw. They mostly get chicken, turkey and pork on occasion. Has anyone purchased frozen meat online to feed their dogs? Does anyone recommend a website? I want to get them something different like elk, moose, deer etc and those meats are not available around here. I'm in Florida. I would appreciate any information anyone has. Thanks.

Amber

Kfamr
02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
I can't help you with a website, but if you'd like a trout, red fish, or two, let me know! Next time we meet up I can send you home with some.

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
well- the only one I used we picked up but it was canine cravings.. I use to get bil jac frozen but it was really expensive to get as well...
You can make a composite of raw by yourself if you have a food processor. I do the same when I have puppies.. I dump it all in there and run it..

.sarah
02-01-2007, 09:28 PM
I didn't know you feed raw!

I have ordered online twice to add a little variety. I order from Prey4Pets (http://www.prey4pets.com) in Kentucky. The prices are good for the quality of the meat (pastured, organic, animals are fed an appropriate diet, etc.) but are a little steeper that what I normally pay, plus the shipping is somewhat high. BUT, I do like to order from her because she provides things that I normally would not be able to get.

By the way, if you join her Yahoo group (http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Prey4Pets/) you can sometimes find out about her new and rare items before they are on her website.

I order a big order and order the "wierd" stuff. The last time I placed and order was August/September, and I still have a few things left. Since I mostly order organs and other items that I don't feed often, it lasts for quite a while. If I didn't just go out and buy 150 lbs of chicken quarters, I'd probably place another order soon. haha

I've never found an online ordering place that has items like she does and is closer to me. Everything else I've seen is in California or Chicago or only sells things like rodents :( If you find anything please let me know ;)

borzoimom
02-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Here is the k-9 Kravings.. I found it was easier to make my own, and less money- but this was added into Zubins diet the first few months we had him. He was a bottomless pit! lol
http://www.megapetfood.com/page/page/2716900.htm
The dealers will ship it to you.

gemini9961
02-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone, I will look into the sites provided.

Kay, I will gladly take a fish or two with me next time we meet up. I am still thinking about the Mutt Strut in March, right?

Sarah, yep I feed them raw. Have seen good results and the pups enjoy it immensely.

Michelle, thanks for your site and suggestions as well.

I will let everyone know if I find any additional sites.

I'm sure the pups would love a little something different than a chicken leg. :rolleyes: :)

borzoimom
02-02-2007, 10:53 AM
My guys also love ground turkey, ground meat, tripe, beef liver, venison ( but not much as it is really rich from lack of fat) and adore all fish!