PDA

View Full Version : Land of the easily amused???

RICHARD
02-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Stupid Stories from TLOTEA...

A california politician want to ban the light bulb from use in the state..

Great...How many politicians does it take to change a light bulb?

None, the outlawed them.

Five crooks robbing a house put a chihuahua, the house dog, into the freezer.

The cops pulled up as they were loading the loot into a truck, the dog was O.K....

If they would have stolen the dog would that have made him a "hot dog"? :eek:

The 'law' is looking into banning the fatty oils used to cook food.....for the citizen's sake...

Like, what about the people who want that good old fashioned food cooked in pork fat?
Please, k
eep me from paying 3 dollars a gallon for gas....
I'll worry about my arteries.

And finally.

The mayor of San Francisco held a news conference to tell everyone he had an affair.

It seems that after his split up, he slept with the wife of his campaign manager.

She told her husband and the mayor had to apologize.....

Politicians do make strange bedfellows.....IT's the wives you have to worry about! :eek:

Lady's Human
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Maybe the reason your gas prices are so high is that the legislature is trying to keep LA's arteries from being clogged? :p

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 06:31 PM
You forgot the "can't spank your children" proposal!

joycenalex
02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
please don't forget to mention 67 year old women getting pregnant.

RICHARD
02-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Maybe the reason your gas prices are so high is that the legislature is trying to keep LA's arteries from being clogged? :p

LOL, Will you be here all week? ;)

ES,

Thank you......

They should have a "no hitting the parents" proposal too!

JNA,

You have to roll your eyes on that one!

Pam
02-02-2007, 05:28 AM

I saw that on TV and it appalled me, but didn't realize she was from Cali. Does anything normal ever come out of California? :p :p

wombat2u2004
02-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I saw that on TV and it appalled me, but didn't realize she was from Cali. Does anything normal ever come out of California? :p :p

NO.....Richard is living proof of that....LOL

gini
02-02-2007, 10:25 AM

Not sure about that Pam, but we have an awful lot of "abnormal" coming in all of the time.:D

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Does anything normal ever come out of California? :p :p

I'm hoping to! :D :D :D

(Even if you don't consider me really normal Pam... ;) )

RICHARD
02-02-2007, 04:32 PM

The woman was from Spain....

Take that comment back... ;) :)

lvpets2002
02-02-2007, 04:38 PM
:) Hey didnt the woman admitt she was only in her 50's.. Or am I thinking of someone else.. I didnt realize she was from Spain.. Oh heck Richard Spain isnt that far from Cali.. :D :D

RICHARD
02-03-2007, 01:03 PM

You probably heard about the crane that fell on the freeway yesterday

That was a massive heart attack....some people were stuck in their cars for three hours! :eek:

Catsnclay
02-04-2007, 03:37 PM
people were stuck in their cars for three hours! :eek:

Isn't that "rush" hour over there? Has been when ever I drive over there! :rolleyes: :p

RICHARD
02-07-2007, 03:45 AM
More crazy stuff..

A wallaby was captured in Fontana, Ca today.
Talk about global warming!

Ryan O'neal was jailed after a domestic disturbance - he shot a gun inside his mailbu home..

Hey, stuff like that never happens in THAT neighborhood!

It was 90 degrees in Lost Angeles Yesterday...

I guess I do live in hell! :eek:

Sophist
02-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Now, on fairness, he only wanted to ban incandescent light bulbs in favor of more energy-efficient alternatives, phasing the less effecient ones out by 2012. He wasn't trying to ban light-bulbs all together.

cassiesmom
02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
But, Richard, did you hear about the law they are proposing in NY? You'd have to stop your cell-phone conversation or remove your iPod earpieces from your ears while crossing the street. I can just picture that: Hold on, I'm at the corner of Broadway and the light is green... And you're going to ask NYPD to try to enforce this?! What, they're bored? They've solved all the unsolved cases? Puh-lease.

That goes along the same lines as asking Chicago cops to fine restaurateurs who serve foie gras. As Da Mayor said, we have children getting killed by gang leaders and drug dealers. Time for a priority check.

I'm capable of forming my own opinion on foie gras (don't like it anyway - when I learned how they get it that just gave me another reason to not eat it) and I'm capable of attending to both a cell phone conversation and a busy intersection. I don't need a law to tell me which should be my priority. Look out! The easily amused are moving east!

RICHARD
02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Now, on fairness, he only wanted to ban incandescent light bulbs in favor of more energy-efficient alternatives, phasing the less effecient ones out by 2012. He wasn't trying to ban light-bulbs all together.

Come on.....

It's Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah...

The story has to have a twist! ;)

CM,

Posted a thread on that in the General section.

-----------------

Near MOdesto a woman tried to kill her husband by putting wasps in his truck.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/IMAGES/2004/dodge/rumblebee/bee1.jpg

I guess bees would have been too obvious? :eek:

RICHARD
02-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Thank you Florida,
For taking some of the heat off of the LOTEA!! ;)