View Full Version : Anvik needed surgery..Latest update post 161

Glacier
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Last night, while I was getting ready to hook up a team, the dogs had a little scuffle. The excitement of hook-up causes them to loose their little canine minds, plus a full moon which I am sure adds to the chaos! The fight looked fairly minor and I had everyone seperated in no time. No one was bleeding. No obvious damage to any of the dogs involved. I seperated the instigators from the pack and got things calmed back down.

Anvik was whining, but he was moving fine, ran to "his" porch, where he eats and has one of his crates. I gave him a complete inspection and couldn't find any punctures, no blood, no visible injuries at all. He ate with his normal enthusiasm, drank as he always does. A couple hours later, he went to give me a hug and he dropped back to the floor screeching. Gave him a dose of Metacam thinking he must be stiff, pulled a muscle or something like that. Put him in his big crate beside my bed where he was quiet and slept all night.

Let him out this morning and notice that on his left side there is a massive lump; the size of both my fists! Feels like it's fluid filled. So I figured I missed a little puncture wound and he's got the start of a major abcess. Call my boss to tell her I'm going to be late and take Anvik to the vet. I do love that my vet lets me drop animals off and will squeeze them in when he can. Anvik is obviously uncomfortable; he yelped getting out of the truck; moving stiffly and he isn't making any noise. Anvik is always making some kind of racket! He's only quiet when he's asleep or eating!

Vet calls early this afternoon. He can't find any puncture wound either. He wanted to take an x-ray, but Anvik freaked out when they tried to position his legs for it. Dr. Rick said he could see the lump moving and changing as Anvik moved. He can feel the intestines and the large hole in Annie's abdomen wall--2 inches long and an inch wide!

Dr. Rick says the size of the tear makes it life threatening(if the intestine gets stuck) and a very complicated repair! Dang it!!! So he's staying late tonight to do an emergency surgery on my little guy. Anvik will have to spend the night at least, maybe longer at the clinic and likely at least six weeks of no activity to recover! He is going to be a miserable creature! He is not good at being still. Thank goodness he likes his crate. It looks like he'll be spending alot of time there!

Could you please cross your paws for Annie? I'm still reeling from Preacher's death and I can barely cope with the thought of something happening to Anvik!

Kfamr
02-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh Tamara, I am so sorry! Poor sweet Anvik, he will be in my thoughts as well as you. When will the sugery be?

lv4dogs
02-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh no Tamara, how scary. Anvik & all of yous are in my thoughts. We'll be praying for a successful surgery. HUGS!!!

shais_mom
02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
prayers and hugs on the way -
update when you can..

{{hugs}}

cmayer31
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Wow, that's terrible news! Poor Anvik, I'll keep as many fingers and toes crossed as possible and send best wishes that his surgery goes well.

Glacier
02-01-2007, 05:56 PM
When will the sugery be?

Surgery is supposed to be starting at 4:30 Pacific time.

Thanks everyone.

captain
02-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh Tamara,
You have all my prayers and wishes and {{{hugs}}}.

Taz_Zoee
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
((trying to see through my tears to type))
I hope Anvik gets better real quick so he can join the pack on a midnight run soon! :)

whomeee
02-01-2007, 06:09 PM
I hope all goes well with the surgery well be thinking of you

gemini9961
02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Prayers for Anvik and you Tamara. Hope all goes well and we look forward to seeing the handsome boy at home recovering.

cloverfdx
02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh my goodness :eek: Poor Anvik. Lots of good healing vibes coming the poor boys way and some {{Hugs}} for Mama.

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Anvik.

Daisy and Delilah
02-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for Anvik right away!! Please get well sweetheart!!! :(

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Surgery is supposed to be starting at 4:30 Pacific time.

Thanks everyone.
In prayers for sure... Keep us posted..

Queen of Poop
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Prayers and crossed paws, finger, toes for Anvik. Please sweetie pie, you have to be ok. Hugs for you to hold you over while you wait for news.

Sami, dear RB Sami, you have work to do my dear. Anvik needs you so please keep an eye on his surgery and recovery.

critter crazy
02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
awwww....I am so sorry Anvik is hurt, Sending prayers your way, for a speedy recovery!

Freedom
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh my goodness! You must have been stunned when the vet told you all this! Keeping you and Anvik and the vet and team in prayers here.

Queen of Poop
02-01-2007, 08:07 PM
7 pm my time, 6 pm your time, checking for an update.

Hugged Sami's urn and told her how much I miss her and that you and Anvik need to be together much longer.

finn's mom
02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh I am praying hard for Anvik. That sounds awful! Poor guy.

Logan
02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Tamara, I will definitely keep Anvik in my prayers. I do hope that everything is going to be ok!

Logan

joycenalex
02-01-2007, 08:34 PM
paws crossed, toes crossed.

Karen
02-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh, Anvik! You'll be in our prayers.

ramanth
02-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Everything crossed and all the prayers and healing vibes that I can muster are sent for Anvik!! Oh how frightening. I hope the surgery goes well for him.

*HUGS*

Cinder & Smoke
02-01-2007, 10:04 PM
<forwards to His Sky Fone>

Hi God ~

You inna Sir Jury suite wiff Anvik anna White Coats?
How's he doin?

Too early to tell, huh ...
You got da Big Book out an turned to da rite page?

OK - we'll quit *buggin* You ... Pleeze let us know when he's better.

OH, kan You send a {{{God'sHug}}} out to Momma Tamara??
She'd 'preciate that!

Thanks God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

dukedogsmom
02-01-2007, 10:29 PM
So very sorry to hear about Anvik. I hope he'll be alright. I know how special he's become to you. Please check in when you can.

cyber-sibes
02-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Paws crossed here and lots of prayers for Annie's quick recovery. (((hugs)))

BC_MoM
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Prayers and good vibes for Anvik to make a speedy recovery!!! (((HUGS)))

kimlovescats
02-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Praying for Anvik!!! :(

kallisto4529
02-01-2007, 11:42 PM
oh my gosh im so sorry to hear about anvik, i do pray everything will come out ok. sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way.

K9karen
02-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I was devastated to read this. Poor Anvik. You bet I'll be layin' the prayers on hard and heavy for everyone, Tamara. Please keep us posted.

pitc9
02-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you and Anvik.

DrKym
02-02-2007, 07:28 AM
I just saw this, I am so sorry for you and Anvik, we will pray for him and for you. How very distressing, to have things like that pop up out of nowhere, poor guy! Candles are lit prayers on the way!

sprokett
02-02-2007, 07:44 AM
hope all goes well hugs to you and anvik poor thing :(

ramanth
02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Still thinking of Anvik this morning.

Daisy and Delilah
02-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Just checking in on Anvik. Thoughts and prayers are with him and all the family.

Queen of Poop
02-02-2007, 08:17 AM
7:16 am and checking in on dear Anvik.

anna_66
02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Gosh! I'm so sorry to hear this news Tamara.

I hope that all went well with the surgery. Update when you can, until then lots of prayers being said that everything as A-OK.

Lobodeb
02-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh, Tamara! I'm just seeing this. Prayers for Anvik on the way.

I'm also praying that no news is good news.

Jadapit
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm also just now seeing this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Anvik. Poor guy. :(

Glacier
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I just talked to one of the techs at the clinic; Anvik's vet isn't in yet.

The surgery went well. Not sure how extensive the muscle damage was, but his intestine was not damaged. Have to talk to the vet later for details of the surgery. The extent of the muscle and surrounding tissue damage will determine how long it takes him to recover. Damage to the intestine could have killed him.

Anvik is quiet this morning, so he's definately hurting. He did eat some canned food and took his antibiotics like a good boy. He is really good about taking his pills. They have gauze wrapped around his side. He absolutely refused to have an e-collar put on. I'm kinda glad he did that. After his last surgery, he wouldn't let me put one on him either! At least it wasn't just me! I ordered a bite-not collar for him after the last surgery and he has a collection of jackets to wear when he's outside.

The tech thinks Annie will be able to come home tonight.

cyber-sibes
02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh good, it sounds like he's going to be ok! You must feel like a ton of bricks was lifted off your shoulders. (((hugs))) to you & that handsome patient. Now Annie, be good and leave your side alone!

Cinder & Smoke
02-02-2007, 11:35 AM
THANKS, God!!

The surgery went well.

He absolutely refused to have an e-collar put on.

The tech thinks Annie will be able to come home tonight.

OH, GOODIE!! :)

What a scare! --- GLAD he seems to be On the Mend!!

Get Well SOON, Anvik!!

;)

Queen of Poop
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Ok, maybe now I can get some work done. Great news that he's on the mend. I do hope he can come home later today. Anvik, please take the time to recover before you run around like a nutball!! This was serious and you need to take it easy. Maybe you'll get to have some serious couch time with mommie over the next little while.

Sami, thanks. You're a great RB doggie.

chocolatepuppy
02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear Anvik is doing well. I will keep him in my prayers, that he mends quickly.

borzoimom
02-02-2007, 11:48 AM
It sounds like it went well! That is a real relief..

Taz_Zoee
02-02-2007, 11:53 AM
OH, this is great news!! I hope he comes home tonight so he can be more comfortable, and also wish him a speedy recovery. :D

Daisy and Delilah
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the update Tamara. I'm so happy he's going to be okay. Still keeping that boy in my thoughts and prayers(Mom and Dad too) :)

pitc9
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
I hope he comes home tonight!
Everyone always heals faster at home!
Hugs to you both!!!

elizabethann
02-02-2007, 12:28 PM
I just saw this thread. Poor Anvik. I'm glad the surgery went well and I hope he comes home tonight and has a speedy recovery.

ramanth
02-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Great news! I hope he can come home tonight. :)

critter crazy
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Glad the surgery went well, hope he can come home soon! get well soon Anvik!

Randi
02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Tamara, I'm sorry to hear about Anvik, but glad the operation went well. :) Hopefully he'll be able to relax and will get better soon. :)

sprokett
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
GREAT NEWS i hope he feels better soon ***hugs*** to u all

kimlovescats
02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Sooooo glad that there wasn't intestinal damage! Thank you, God!!!!
Can't wait til Anvik is back home and feeling well again! ;)

Freedom
02-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Whew! - and Yippee!!!

Gosh I learn SO much on PT. Never heard of the "bite not collar," had to open a new window and google it. Those look great! Now if you can figure out how to keep the rest of the herd away . . . . :D

Glacier
02-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Now if you can figure out how to keep the rest of the herd away . . . . :D

Confining him from the others won't be a problem. I have a "sick bay/isolation" pen. Anvik is only in the main yard when I am home. He's not left unsupervised with the big pack yet. Usually during the day, he's in the iso pen or with Sundin(Sundin wouldn't know how to fight if he had to). Once the stitches come out he might be able to go back in with Sundin. He's going to need crate rest at least until the stitches come out. Fortunately, he loves his crate and the shelter has loaned us a bigger one, gives him a bit more room to stretch out. On my lunch break, I bought him some long lasting chewies to help keep him occupied in the crate.

Thanks everyone!

lizbud
02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
OMG, how did I miss this. I am so sorry Anvik had such a hard time.
Must have been a freak sort of accident to have been injured so bad
and not bleed like mad. I am very glad to hear that there was no internal
damage done & that Anvik heals up well.Prayers for a complete recovery.

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I can't believe I missed this! Poor Anvik. I hope he has a quick recovery!

gemini9961
02-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I am so happy to hear he is doing well. I'm sure he will love the attention he will be getting while he recovers.

applesmom
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
It's great to hear Anvik is on the road to recovery. :)

Did the vet think the tear was a result of being slammed during the fight?

dukedogsmom
02-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Poor baby. I'm so glad the intestine wasn't damaged. I hope he'll be home tonight. It'll be so much easier for him to get well in his own surroundings with his mama. Give him some gentle lovin' from all of us here.

whomeee
02-02-2007, 05:59 PM
glad anvik is doing better hope for a speedy recovery

Glacier
02-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Anvik is home. Unfortunately, the good news almost stops there! I finally got to talk to his vet tonight when I picked him up. The reason that there is no intestine damage is that once he had opened Annie up, he discovered it wasn't his intestine at all. Anvik's KIDNEY had popped out!!! :eek: My vet says this is the second time in his career he's seen this and the other dog had other massive trauma from being run over. Dr. Rick said it's so rare that he can't even find a mention of it in all his reference manuals. There was some hemorraging in the kidney itself. So in a couple weeks, Anvik will need to go back to the vet for bloodwork. Dr. Rick is worried that there could be permanent damage to his kidney. :(

It also means that Anvik can't have any pain meds. Any pain medication is processed in the kidney. Any extra stress on an already damaged organ could be devastating. He is clearly in pain. His eyes are dull; he's holding his head and tail low. He looks exhausted. After his last surgery, with pain meds, he pranced out of the office, wooing and howling his head off. I haven't heard a peep out of him. It's breaking my heart to see him in such obvious pain, but I can't risk doing permanent damage!

Above the surgery site, there is another lump. It's from badly torn muscles. They have been sewn together as much as possible, but some are so seriously ripped they can't be sutured! Anvik may always have a lump there. His healing may take longer since the muscle has to heal on it's own, but he will heal.

He has to spend the next two weeks on pure crate rest--outside on leash to pee and back into his crate. Once the sutures are out, he can go for short, on-leash walks. In about a month to six weeks, if all goes according to plan, he can start pulling again--short runs with the slower dogs and build back up to long, fast runs. I don't care if Anvik couldn't pull ever again; he'd still be here and be well loved, but Anvik would care. He loves to work and he would not be happy if he couldn't.

The other good news was the bill wasn't quite as massive as I was expecting! I'm glad to have him home. I'm almost looking forward to hearing the death howl!

Daisy and Delilah
02-02-2007, 08:33 PM
OMG Tamara!! I'm glad he's home. I've never hear of this happening before. My mouth is still hanging open. How horrible for poor Anvik(you guys too). I know it's breaking your heart to watch him have so much pain and you can't help him. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. GET WELL HANDSOME MAN!!!

Kfamr
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Goodness, Poor Anvik cannot recieve a break on this one, can he? Poor boy, I know if must be near unbearable without pain meds. I bet you're taking it a lot better than most of us would, though. Our dogs are just something special, aren't they?

I bet it must kill you to see Anvik like that, Tamara, I am so sorry. :( I am glad he is home though, he'll do much better in his mommy's care.

Sweet Anvik, get some rest and get better, okay?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/anniewaits.jpg
Hugs to the momma's boy..

critter crazy
02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Poor Anvik!!! I am so glad he is home, and is on the mend, butWhat a thing to have to go through! Poor baby, i just hope he heals fast, and is back to his old self in no time! Rest yourself Anvik! Be a good dog, and you will be fine.

dukedogsmom
02-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh dear. Very sorry to hear that. It sounds much more serious than what we originally thought. I know it must be hard to see him like that and feel so helpless. I hope the pain goes away. It would be very rough not to get to have any pain medication at all.

cyber-sibes
02-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Poor boy! good thing you rushed him right to the vet (as you always do!) Did the doctor think all his injuries happened in the dog fight, or is it possible his muscle or kidney problem may have started some other way? We'll have all paws crossed for him. May you hear the death howl soon and loud, so you know he's feeling better.

Bengalz
02-02-2007, 08:54 PM
What a fright for Anvik and for you :eek: Glad to hear his surgery went well but very sorry about the kidney problem :( The poor boy must be in dreadful pain. Does icing do anything to numb it or help with swelling? Was your vet able to give him anything to ease the discomfort?

Two weeks can be such a long time ... lots of healing vibes for that sweet boy and good thoughts for you Tamara. Your patience in these situations just overwhelms me :) How lucky your dogs (and cats :D ) are to have such a caring and nurturing mommy.

Hugs,
Betty

Jakesmom
02-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I'd suggest asking your vet again for some pain meds. NSAIDS (meloxicam, rimadyl, etc) are potentially damaging to the kidney (though in a trauma case as this is, not intrinsic kidney disease, I wouldn't be quite so cautious), but narcotics are primarily metabolized in the liver. He should be able to get codeine, fentanyl, etc without damage to he kidney. People have kidney transplants (and just have the one new kidney), and they get plenty of narcotics for the pain.

Good luck, and hope he feels better soon.

Jake's mom

ramanth
02-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh Poor Anvik!! :( I hope the bloodwork comes back okay and that he heals quickly.

How could so much damage be done without the skin getting ripped!? It's just so hard to imagine.

Catty1
02-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Tamara - if the vet won't go for the liver-processed narcotics listed above...would a higher dose of Rescue Remedy help? Maybe not so much with pain...but like Tylenol with Codeine...it still hurts, but you don't care! :rolleyes:

I hope you find something for the poor boy!

Karen
02-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh, Anvik!!!! Kisses on that golden noggin, and a hug for you, Glacier. Tell him he can always be the spokesmodel, THAT can be his job once he's better.

finn's mom
02-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow, Anvik! You are a tough dog! That sounds so impossibly hard to imagine going through. I will be thinking about him.

K9karen
02-02-2007, 11:07 PM
This is an unbelievable injury..poor golden pumpkin. The very thought of him being in such pain without meds gives me the shivers. What a brave, handsome, awesome boy. Sending oodles of love to all of you and prayers for a speedy, safe recovery.

CathyBogart
02-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Poor boy! Annie, you've got some tough weeks ahead, but you can do it! I hope he's feeling better soon.

captain
02-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Tamara,
I too am looking forward to Anvik recovering soon - as he is my "snort coffee out my nose" dog ......

{{{hugs}}} to you and gentle ones for Anvik.

Glacier
02-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Poor boy! Did the doctor think all his injuries happened in the dog fight, or is it possible his muscle or kidney problem may have started some other way?

He said it was basically "blunt force trauma", all from the scuffle, and a total fluke! Anvik was in the exact wrong position at the exact wrong moment! If I live to be 100, I will probably never have this happen to another dog!

Glacier
02-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Tamara - if the vet won't go for the liver-processed narcotics listed above...would a higher dose of Rescue Remedy help? Maybe not so much with pain...but like Tylenol with Codeine...it still hurts, but you don't care! :rolleyes:

Oh, that's a good idea. I have Rescue Remedy on hand. Might be handy for keeping him quiet in his crate once he's feeling better too! I have a friend who is a nautropath. She brought over some Arnica for him. Said it would help with the swelling and inflammation and apparently speed healing.

He has actually perked up since he got home. Still hurting obviously but he went outside for a pee and was moving ok. He ate like he was starving and is gnawing on a chicken flavored chewie roll right now.

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Anvik was in the exact wrong position at the exact wrong moment!

If I live to be 100, I will probably never have this happen to another dog!

:eek:
LORDY ~ Sure HOPE you never have a "repeat" of this!

You and Anvik will prolly get a write-up in the Vet's Favorite Magazine ...
ONCE otta be enough!

"Feelin Better" already? ... That Boy has some SPUNK!!

kallisto4529
02-03-2007, 05:13 AM
oh my gosh poor boy, bless his heart, i just cringe thinking of the pain he must be in, and how much your heart must be breaking not to be able to ease it for him. my prayers and positive thoughts are with you both.

chocolatepuppy
02-03-2007, 06:02 AM
Anvik will still be in my prayers, that he will heal quickly and that his kidney will be ok. {hugs} to you Tamara, this has to be so hard on you, seeing him in pain.

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 06:31 AM
I am so glad he is home and on the way to recovery. In my prayers for sure.

lizbud
02-03-2007, 10:28 AM
After reading the lastest update on Anvik, I can say to WOW. It's nice
to be a first in a medical journal, but please don't do it again sweetie. :)
I wanted to say thanks to Kay for printing Anvik's picture. I still can't put
a name with a face right away & know who it is in an instant when i see
that sweet face. I'm glad he did well on his outie this morning & pray his
recovery is smooth & sure. Gentle hugs Anvik. :) You too Tamara. :)

sabies
02-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow I can't believe all that you and Anvik have been through. Hang in there! I know recovery will be difficult - either Anvik will feel pain or he'll be upset he cannot be active - but it is temporary and he'll be out there again in some capacity. Lots of good thoughts heading your way!

3muttsandaboston
02-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I missed this before but i'm glad he is recovering.

shais_mom
02-03-2007, 04:29 PM
gosh poor boy!
I hope he feels better asap!

Glacier
02-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks again everyone. Anvik is having a decent day. He seems much brighter today. I am always amazed at how much better animals handle injury and illness than we do! I'd be at the ER begging for a morphine IV if I'd had the same surgery! Anvik is laying in his crate, contentedly chewing on a SuperChew. He told me off when I left the house to hook up a team. He knew he was being left, knew he couldn't come, but that didn't stop him from briefly voicing his disgust! It was wonderful to hear his voice again!

I've taken him outside a couple times and hung out in the sick bay pen with him. When he gets outside, his tail comes up and he seems much happier, but he's anxious to get back to his crate. I think it probably feels good to stretch at first and then gets sore in a few minutes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annieincision.jpg
Can't imagine why this would hurt!!?? All the pink is bruising, it's really come out overnight. Right above the big pink patch is where the muscles are torn.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/whathappen.jpg
"what the heck happened to me?" (He's only allowed out of his jacket and collar when I am standing right near him)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annie1day.jpg
"Oh, that feels nice, Mom." I was laying in the snow and he was standing over me. Anvik has a habit of jumping up and giving hugs. He really wanted to give hugs, but that would cause major pain. So I laid down so he could still get his snuggles without hurting himself.

k9krazee
02-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Awww, hope it heals up soon Annie! What a handsome, handsome boy.

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2007, 05:05 PM
<gasp>

OMG!
That even *looks* painful! :(

His facial expressions don't indicate a lot of pain -
he looks downright "happy" while you were petting him.

We'll pray he's able to cope with whatever disconfort he's feeling.
HANG In There, Anvik!!

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 05:11 PM
OUCHEE!!! Poor baby- give a cookie from me... pooooooor baby....

cmayer31
02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow, poor guy; that looks really painful. I'm glad that he is being a good patient and that things are looking up for him. He looks happy to be able to give hugs, even if you have to lay down. :)

dukedogsmom
02-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Poor guy. That must be horribly painful. But just look at that smile when you're in the snow with him. I'm so glad he's doing even the slightest bit better. Hopefully, every day there will be more. Hug him gently for me.

Queen of Poop
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Awwww Anvik. That looks sooooooo sore. Just looking at that ouchie brings tears to my eyes. And that you can't have the pain meds - makes my heart hurt even worse. Love the photo of the pets from mommie. Hugs from me to you and your mommie. I pray that you heal quickly sweet boy.

Vermontcat
02-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Poor, sweet Anvik. :(
That looks so painful.
I hope he recovers quickly so he will be back to his usual happy self again.

wolf_Q
02-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear about poor Anvik! That looks very painful, I hope he'll be feeling better soon!!

K9karen
02-03-2007, 11:06 PM
The look on his darling face, eating up your snuggles and pets, brought tears to my eyes. Still praying for a speedy recovery for Annie

anna_66
02-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Wow what an update, and "OUCH!" that looks like it hurts a lot!

I'm very happy to hear that he's doing a bit better, I hope he starts feeling like himself very soon.

Gentle (((HUGS))) sent Anvik's way.

Daisy and Delilah
02-04-2007, 07:48 AM
What a trooper you are, Anvik. We hope you heal soon and get back to being as good as new.

{{{{{ANVIK AND FAMILY}}}}} :)

Lori Jordan
02-04-2007, 08:54 AM
You Poor Little Boy,I missed this thread im sorry i did not offer my love and prayers,But i can now,I am so sorry he has to go through this,Lets all pray he heals back to himself,He has a face like an Angel,I hope he has a speedy recovery and no pain!

cyber-sibes
02-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Ouch! Poor baby. It was so nice of you to lie down in the snow for him, he sure looks like he's enjoying the petting. He needs his Mama time! Gentle hugs to him.

DrKym
02-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Gentle hugs!~ poor Anvik!
The dobies send over a bag of Chicken Jerky, they both say that they hope he is feeling better soon! And the cats are sticking their tongue out and said hurry up and heal cause you can't chase us until you feel better! :p

Im so sorry this all happened, it so stinks when our babies hurt. You are a great Mom to him, and he is a luicky boy to have such an observant Mom, and such a devoted one too.

fatcat91
02-04-2007, 10:47 AM
oooooouuuuuuch poor baby

get well soon anvik!!!

gemini9961
02-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Owweee, that looks awful. I'm with you I'd be at the ER demanding some Morphine. Anvik you are a trooper my friend. Rest up so you can pull again soon.

pnance
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Ohhh...poor boy. Get better soon Anvik

Glacier
02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Anvik has found his voice! So far I have heard"
"I hate this crate; this collar bugs me; This jacket has to go; this chewy sucks; HEY MOM LET ME OUT." The bite-not collar was apparently a big waste of money. He's pulled it off at least a dozen times! I keep putting it back on when I can't watch him though. He chewed up his jacket so I have to get him a new one of those. For now I have his belly wrapped with gauze and vetwrap!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annieday2.jpg
I took him outside a few times. He's quiet out there, but he doesn't want to stay out for long. Now without a coat, he can't stay out for long or he'll get frostbite!

The racket resumed when I brought him back inside. So I let him come in the computer room with me. I should be doing about a dozen other things, but I'm sitting here with Anvik!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annierecovery.jpg
He's pulled the collar off again since this was taken, but he's laying still, being quiet and not bugging his stitches, so I'm leaving it off for now.

gemini9961
02-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Well I do think he must be feeling better. :D Anvik you need to rest some and leave those stiches alone. :)

captain
02-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey I really like that no bite collar! Captain has dermatitis on his right back paw, and they offered me one of those "bucket looking" collars.
I think your one would be better!!!

Anvik, so glad you are getting better darlin. {{{gentler hugs}}} to you.

Tamara,
I would be right behind you getting that IV for morphine!!!

cyber-sibes
02-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey Anvik, leave that collar alone! I use a Bite-Not on Star when she has hot spots. She's only gotten it off a couple times. I still can't figure out how she gets it off :confused: Maybe she just resigns herself to it better than Annie does! Well, all the hollerin & hoopla must be a sign he's feeling better. He has such a sweet face. ;)

PJ's Mom
02-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Look at that sweet face!!

I'm glad your handsome boy is feeling better. :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2007, 10:37 PM
The bite-not collar was apparently a big waste of money.
He's pulled it off at least a dozen times!

He's pulled the collar off again since this was taken ...

HOW does he manage to get it off?? :confused:

Does he *UN-Hook* the velcro wrap;
or pull it off over his head ??

If he Un-Hooks the neck band - you need to "tie up" the loose end -
I thought there was a method provided to do that.

If he's *popping* it off over his head - you just don't have it *wrapped* tight enough
around his neck - the problem I had with SmokeMutt.
Seems the "properly fitted" collar should be SKIN-Tight - almost a choke hold.

What would your Boss say if you showed up for work with a 4-Legged "Assistant" tomorrow?
Tell the Boss that Anvik is in charge of Public Relations.
;)

shais_mom
02-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Look at that sweet face!!

I'm glad your handsome boy is feeling better. :)
I agree
I just want to plant a big ol' kiss right in b/n his beautiful eyes! :D

Glacier
02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
HOW does he manage to get it off?? :confused:

Does he *UN-Hook* the velcro wrap;
or pull it off over his head ??

If he Un-Hooks the neck band - you need to "tie up" the loose end -
I thought there was a method provided to do that.

If he's *popping* it off over his head - you just don't have it *wrapped* tight enough
around his neck - the problem I had with SmokeMutt.
Seems the "properly fitted" collar should be SKIN-Tight - almost a choke hold.

What would your Boss say if you showed up for work with a 4-Legged "Assistant" tomorrow?
Tell the Boss that Anvik is in charge of Public Relations.
;)

He pulls it over his head and somehow gets the chest band off without undoing it. Nothing is ever undone when I find the collar off his neck. The instructions say you should be able to slide your index finger under the collar. I've had it as tight as I can get it. I couldn't get my finger in it. He got it off in seconds. He has a really narrow skull and he can just slip his head out! I have a towel duct taped around his neck now. He's left that alone for half an hour. That's a record for today.

I don't work on Mondays, but dogs aren't allowed in my office building. He'd have to stay in the truck all day. At least if he's here in his crate, no one will call the cops if he howls all day! I'll just have to run home on my lunch break. If my father in law is around, he might be able to let Annie out for a pee break in the afternoon.

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2007, 11:53 PM
He pulls it over his head and somehow gets the chest band off without undoing it.
Nothing is ever undone when I find the collar off his neck.

He got it off in seconds.
He has a really narrow skull and he can just slip his head out!

... dogs aren't allowed in my office building.

"slip his head out ..."

Bummer! :(

Maybe put Dawg-Cufs on his front paws?

Ya know - with all that You & Stuart have done for the Local Shelter -
seems you should be able to ask them to Dawg Sit Anvik for a few hours every day.

Good Luck teaching him to leave the Zipper alone! :rolleyes:

ramanth
02-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Oh Anvik, you silly boy. I'm happy to hear he's leaving the stitches alone.

Hope his recovery is swift!

pitc9
02-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Many gentle hugs to Anvik!
And to you too!!

Daisy and Delilah
02-05-2007, 07:52 AM
What a gentle, sweet, clever, boy you are Anvik. Nothing will get past you. Such a pretty boy. Please get well, doll face :)

Queen of Poop
02-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Anvik, you're supposed to be RESTING. Not wrestling with the neck collar. Not chewing up your coat!! Stinker. I guess you must be feeling somewhat better to be getting into all this trouble. Have your mommie give you a big kiss on your sweet face from me.

lizbud
02-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Looking at Anvik in this picture makes me sad. :( Poor fella. Look at
his ears, he clearly doesn't feel good at all. I am so glad you were able
to spend more time with him. I'm sure he liked that. Did you ever find any
thing to help him with the discomfort? Still thinking of you both & praying
for a complete recovery. We love ya Anvik.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annierecovery.jpg

Glacier
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Ya know - with all that You & Stuart have done for the Local Shelter -
seems you should be able to ask them to Dawg Sit Anvik for a few hours every day.

Good Luck teaching him to leave the Zipper alone! :rolleyes:

The shelter has been dealing with parvo for several weeks. Anvik is vaccinated, but even if they had an open kennel, that's a risk I don't want to take.

He has a t-shirt on today over the guaze and vet wrap. Seems to be working so far. Just have to remember to get the shirt off before he pees! He's on his second t-shirt cuz I wasn't fast enough getting the first one off at 2am!

Cinder & Smoke
02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
The shelter has been dealing with parvo for several weeks.
... that's a risk I don't want to take.

No argument with that! :(

Just have to remember to get the shirt off before he pees!
He's on his second t-shirt cuz I wasn't fast enough getting the first one off at 2am!

:o
OMG!

Sorta like when *I* havta *go* ... gets worse the closer you get to the potty!
Then, if there's a line ... OMG! :o

Also makes me think of poor Bowser ...
He's wearing a "diaper" around his tummy at night ...
saves making the occasional Damp Carpet and the resulting "unhappiness" of
the Dad Figure when he steps on said Damp Carpet in the morning.

However; I have been known to "furget" to REMOVE said Diaper Wrap before
sending lil Bowz out for his morning stroll :eek:
I usually notice when he's about 2 steps down off the front porch ...
with his leg all ready to hike up into The Position ...

NO Point in calling him back to take his Jammies off ... he's already started the pump!

Maybe you could try to remember to *roll up* his Tee *BEFORE* you open the door.
;)

Glacier
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
WOoooo PT
Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. I had a good day today, except that Mom left me in my crate TWO times and took the other sled dogs for a run. She says they need attention too, but I think it should be all about ME! :p

Mom says I found my smile for a little while today.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annietoy.jpg
She was getting a parcel ready to mail to her nieces and I was helping, but Mom says I was being a pain in the butt! So she gave me a little stuffed toy and I killed it!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/littlesmile.jpg
That made me smile!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annieshirt.jpg
I was careful not to jump around. I just made the toys squeak and then I stood on it and pulled the stuffing out. It was fun! As you can see, I am wearing t-shirts to cover my bandages. I've wreck a couple shirts today. One I chewed up and one I peed on. That was Mom's fault! SHe didn't get it off fast enough. It is not my fault that I had to pee at 2am and she was half asleep! Mom has lots of t-shirts that she doesn't wear so I should be good for shirts. She's going to buy me a new jacket tomorrow too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/naptime.jpg
My little burst of energy didn't last long. I needed a nap after just a few minutes. It takes a lot of energy to heal!

Woooos everyone
Anvik.

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Roflbo!!! You Tellthem Honey!! You Tell Them!

ramanth
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
It's refreshing to see your smile Anvik. :D

DrKym
02-05-2007, 09:30 PM
YAY Annie! We are all SOO glad to see you smile! Bet your Mom was happiest though! she has been very worried about you! Tell Mom to make sure you have plenty of squeakies to make that beautiful smile come out!

So glad to see such a great update! WTG on awesome post op care! Lucky Anvik to have you!

cmayer31
02-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm glad that Anvik found his smile! He looks like he is doing much better. :) I wonder what the other dogs think when he models the newest in doggie t-shirt fashion? ;)

Karen
02-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Good to see that Anvik grin! Keep on getting better every day, sweetie!

Arooooooooo! back at you! ;)

cyber-sibes
02-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh Anvik, your smile melts me! It's so good to see you up & around a bit. Don't worry, honey, your mom will take you out sledding just as soon as you heal up. :) Star & Sherman send wooooos.

anna_66
02-06-2007, 07:04 AM
What a wonderful smile to see this morning:D

I'm very glad you felt good enough to destuff a stuffie...that's good news!

critter crazy
02-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Awww.....Anvik you are so handsome in that T-Shirt! Love that smile!!

borzoimom
02-06-2007, 07:29 AM
What a pretty smile! And the shirt is the latest fashion of course!! ;)

sprokett
02-06-2007, 07:37 AM
GET WELL SOON ANVIK!!!!

Cool shirt !!

Queen of Poop
02-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Oh Anvik, it is so good to see your smile again. That must mean you are being a good boy and letting your body heal. Sending you a big hug sweet boy.

dukedogsmom
02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Anvik, you are quite the character. You made me laugh at your description of your 2am peeing. I'm glad to see you smiling again. I hope you continue to improve and we can see more of those smiles. I'm sure killing that stuffie helped a lot :)

gemini9961
02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better Anvik. I'm sure that stuffie was in need of a de-stuffing. :)

I like your shirt, but I agree, it wasn't your fault you peed on it. :D

shais_mom
02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
oh Anvik!
I'm so glad to see you smiling! :)
take care and TAKE IT EASY!

Glacier
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Sigh! First day at work and Anvik managed to rip out several stitches! Hubby was home, but he was in the yard "playing" with a BobCat and forgot about Anvik! Trying the bite-not collar again tonight. Incision is tightly bandaged. I'll drop Anvik off at the clinic on my way to work in the morning!

Cinder & Smoke
02-06-2007, 11:35 PM

Sigh! Anvik managed to rip out several stitches!

Hubby was home, but he was in the yard "playing" with a BobCat and
forgot about Anvik!

I'll drop Anvik off at the clinic on my way to work in the morning!

OMG!

Durn Dawg Sitters are So unreliable! :p

Ask Doc if plain ole Duct Tape - about 6 layers - would be detrimental to healing.
(Maybe 5 wraps around his mouth?) :p
:D

Glacier
02-06-2007, 11:48 PM

OMG!

Durn Dawg Sitters are So unreliable! :p

It's hard to get good help these days! :rolleyes: :p

I put a ton of vetwrap on it tonight. So far so good! He's laying beside me looking quite sweet and innocent(Anvik that is, Stuart is still outside playing on the Bobcat!)

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Anvik looks wonderful! I'm so glad that he is doing so well! :D

Cinder & Smoke
02-06-2007, 11:55 PM
It's hard to get good help these days! :rolleyes: :p

Stuart is still outside playing on the Bobcat!

He prolly hasn't noticed you've *locked* all the doors, huh?
Does he have a spare pillow & blankie out in the Shop?

:eek: :D

Glacier
02-07-2007, 12:04 AM

He prolly hasn't noticed you've *locked* all the doors, huh?
Does he have a spare pillow & blankie out in the Shop?

:eek: :D

LOL, Kayleigh has a big pillow out there. Maybe she'll share with him! :D Maybe I'll use his credit card to pay the bill tomorrow!

Kfamr
02-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Oh Annie, how I LOVE to see that smile! I'm sure it made your mommy grin, too. It's great to see you doing well. :)

Glacier
02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Anvik went to the vet this morning. It's almost noon now and I just called to check on him. They knocked him out and stitched him back up. He did keep the bite-not collar on all night so I think I may have finally figured out how to keep it on his skinny head!

I laughed at the tech who answered the phone. She said Annie is "just fine, but being a little noisy!" I asked if they wanted me to pick him up early, but since he was put under a general, the vet doesn't want him to leave until 4pm! I bet he wants me there at exactly 4 though!

ramanth
02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Silly Annie! Leave those stitches be!

I hope the dog sitter learned his lesson! ;) :D

Jadapit
02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Anvik, Anvik. You and my sweet Diamond would make a perfect pair! Remember when Diamond skinned herself going under the fence? She would not leave her stitches alone (she had a lot of them) she ended up busting open half the stitches. So back to the vet she went. We saw the vet a lot during that time. She had to wear a tee-shirt for months. So, I know what your going through. ;)

You leave those stitches alone Anvik! :)

Lobodeb
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Silly Annie! Leave those stitches be!

BUT THEY ITCH!!!!!

Poor Annie. What else can this guy get himself into? Good gravy!

Cinder & Smoke
02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
:confused:

It's past "pick up time" ...

She said Annie is "just fine, but being a little noisy!"

Are we all back Home and Happie?

Well, maybe not so Happie ...
Mom's prolly tired of contributing the the Vet's Kid's college fund ...
And Anvik is prolly REALLY tired of the itchy Zipper in his side ...

But other than THOSE lil nit-picks - how are we all DOing??

;)

Glacier
02-07-2007, 11:03 PM

Are we all back Home and Happie?

;)

Home, but not happy! The vet redid the all the stitches and put a drain in the wound. There was some fluid building up and starting to look like an infection despite a regular dose of Cephalexan. The wound itself looks worse tonight than it did last week!

Anvik is a little whiny. Doesn't want me to touch his neck. I don't think he likes the bite-not collar very much! But since today cost almost as much as the original repair, he's not getting out of that thing again! He did eat dinner and has been outside for a couple brief crate breaks.

cyber-sibes
02-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, the collar is temporary, too bad you can't make him understand that, and that if he leaves his stitches alone, he'll get that darn old collar off quicker! Star's had to wear hers for a couple weeks straight, and she seems pretty resigned to it after a day or two. It's still better than a cone - at least they can eat & drink & walk through narrow spaces! Hope Annie settles down soon.

Cinder & Smoke
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Home, but not happy!

Anvik is a little whiny.
Doesn't want me to touch his neck.
I don't think he likes the Bite-Not Collar very much!

:rolleyes:

My Critters that have worn a Bite-Not haven't seemed so *thrilled*, either.
I decided if they could Breathe, Drink, and Eat - it wasn't too tight.

You prolly need to keep the Zipper Area pretty well padded ...
seems to me Cinder & Smokey can both hit that region of their flanks with a rear paw
without too much of a strain.

Have the Dawg-Sitter Guys (Stuart & Dad-in-Law) offered their services?

FEEL BETTER Soon, Anvik! ;)

Queen of Poop
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Anvik, I know the collar sucks, but it is way better than wearing the cone head accessory. Please, try to get used to it. And sweetheart, please leave the surgery site alone. I know it's bothersome and itchy, but you've got to let it heal. Have mommie give you a big hug from Sasha and I.

Glacier
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Have the Dawg-Sitter Guys (Stuart & Dad-in-Law) offered their services?

I"m not sure I want their help after Stuart's lack of supervision earlier! But Stuart is at home today and is supposed to be watching Annie. I'll probably run home on my lunch break just for my own peace of mind.

He got the *&^%@^#$*) collar off again last night. I checked on him at 3am and it was on. It was off when I got up at 6:15. He pulled at the drain a bit, but other than that he just cleaned the antiseptic off his skin. No damage to the stitches. Today he has a t-shirt on with a harness over it(stuart thinks that will help keep it in place), gauze and vet wrap around the incision, the collar and I put him in a slightly smaller crate. Maybe he has too much room to manuver in the bigger one! Stuart is going to try and add an extra strap to the bite-not collar somehow and see if that helps keep it on!

Cinder & Smoke
02-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh, Good GRIEF, Anvik!!
:mad:

He got the *&^%@^#$*) collar off again last night. :eek:

I checked on him at 3am and it was on.
It was off when I got up at 6:15.

Straighten Up ~ Fly Right ~ LEAVE IT ALONE, Bub!!

Just what part of the Healing Process don't you understand??

Leave it ALONE and it'll get BETTER!

Maybe you better drag out the Dawg-Cuffs, Mom. :rolleyes:

lizbud
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh, that boy. :( Wonder if they could numb the area so he can't feel it
at all? Or threaten to send him to the Vets to heal. :p You could ship him
to me and I'll watch him. My pups would love it. :D

Ginger's Mom
02-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Aw, I missed all of this. I hope Annie gets better soon.

Glacier
02-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Dr. Rick left a long message on my voicemail today. I never got to talk to him when I picked Anvik up yesterday. Turns out that the ripped out stitches were only part of the problem. He also found another "muscle weakness" that he had to suture. I'm not entirely clear on if that means Anvik undid something or if the damaged was just more visible since the swelling has gone down. He put in the drain as he is expecting the second operation will cause some "serum" fluid to build up and he wants it to have a way out. Anvik has mucked the drain up already, but I can keep it open so it will still drain.

He kept his collar on all day today, until I came home. Stuart swears it was on an hour before I got here. It's back on now and we are fashioning a second strap for it out of a leader line. There is already one under his shoulders. Going to try and make one that goes under his hips!

A very good friend of mine got home from Mexico a few days ago and brought me back a beautiful bottle of extremely good tequila. I think I'm going to crack it soon. Annie is driving me to drink!

cyber-sibes
02-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh Annie, you are such a clever husky boy! But give your mom a break, son. Your driving her crazy!!! Tamara, maybe you should spike Annie's water with a little of that tequila to settle him down! (just joking, of course ;) )

Cinder & Smoke
02-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Anvik has mucked the drain up already, but I can keep it open so it will still drain.

He kept his collar on all day today, until I came home.
Stuart swears it was on an hour before I got here.

Annie is driving me to drink!

This IS getting a lil hard to handle!

Maybe a heavy dose of Contact Glue tween his neck and the collar?

*Spiking* his water sounds promising. :p

Good Luck to both of you. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
02-10-2007, 12:32 AM
No Friday Report?

Sure HOPE "Silence is Golden" and "No News is GOOD News!"

Anvik ~ Were you at least Sorta-Good last night and today?

Please tell us you left the Bite-Not *ON* and did NOT chew on the Zipper.

We're holding our breath ...

Glacier
02-10-2007, 06:07 PM
:Anvik ~ Were you at least Sorta-Good last night and today?

Please tell us you left the Bite-Not *ON* and did NOT chew on the Zipper.

We're holding our breath ...

WOOOOO Mr. Phred,

I wasn't very good on Thursday night. I didn't chew my stitches but I pulled my collar off about a dozen times. Oh, boy, was Mom getting mad at me! Humans are cranky when they don't get enough sleep! At 3:30am, she got out a leader line. I though we were going for a run, but then she used it to make an extra strap on my collar! It kinda worked! I still got out a buncha times yesterday, but I didn't wreck my stitches.

Last night I pulled the collar off a couple times, but I haven't been able to get it off since 2am. Mom said she wants to give me a break from it, but since it appears it's finally working, she won't take it off!

I am being good today. Mom bought me a new jacket yesterday. It's very comfy. Orange is my collar dontcha think?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annienewcoat-1.jpg
Mom is letting me stay in the computer room when she is near the house to check on me often. I like it better than being in my crate. I go in there when Mom has to leave for awhile. She was worried cuz I"m not really house trained, or so she thought! It appears I figured that whole no peeing in the house thing out pretty quick! I haven't had one accident yet!

Wooooo
Anvik

Kfamr
02-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh Annie, you silly boy. You sure are keeping mom on her toes, aren't ya? Yes sweetie, that color certainly fits you. Also, I have a huge urge to kiss that black spot on the top of your nose! Tell your momma to give you one for me. ;)

cyber-sibes
02-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Good boy, Annie! Leave that collar alone. Orange is a great color on you, and your jacket looks really nice. :) You must be quite the HoudiniHusky to get out of that collar so many times! Now try hard to tolerate everything so Mom can get a good night's sleep. If you think humans are cranky after losing only one night's sleep, you don't want to see them after losing two nights in a row!

Cinder & Smoke
02-10-2007, 07:23 PM

WOOOOO Mr. Phred,

I wasn't very good on Thursday night.
I didn't chew my stitches but I pulled my collar off about a dozen times.

I still got out a buncha times yesterday, but I didn't wreck my stitches.

Last night I pulled the collar off a couple times,
but I haven't been able to get it off since 2am.
... but since it appears it's finally working, she won't take it off!

Orange is my collar dontcha think?

I figured that whole no peeing in the house thing out pretty quick!
I haven't had one accident yet!

Wooooo
Anvik

<shakes head>
<writes Memo to self> >>> Self: avoid Snow Dawgs the next time.

Hay Anvik ~

HOW do you get out of that Collar!??

Tell Mom to set up the Camera and get a Video of your *escape* ---
The Bite-Not Folks might be interested to help with product improvement.

And yes, the Orange Coat looks pretty *sharp* on ya --- now keep your TEETH *OFF* it!

If one of MY Mutts tried your tricks - they'd get Duct Taped to a FD backboard
and proped up in a corner! :eek:

Hope you keep Feelin BETTER, Bub!

kallisto4529
02-10-2007, 08:38 PM
oh my goodness Anvik, what a character you are!!!!!! i love the orange jacket, it is just smashing on you!!! poor mom though, i think i would be past exhausted by now he is definetely keeping you on your toes that is for sure. lots of prayers still coming your way...

Queen of Poop
02-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Anvik, love the new coat, please don't chew it up. And DUDE, quit wrestling out of the collar. Sheesh, you're a handful. Good thing you're so awfully darn cute and loving or your ma might have already had enough of you. Now be a REALLY GOOD BOY and sleep thru the night tonight and leave the collar on. Then mommie can get some sleep and won't be so cranky with you tomorrow. Boy, oh Boy, you're a stinker.

Glacier
02-11-2007, 03:14 PM

:If one of MY Mutts tried your tricks - they'd get Duct Taped to a FD backboard
and proped up in a corner! :eek:

Hope you keep Feelin BETTER, Bub!

Similar suggestions have been made, including hobbling him and duct taping his paws together! Fortunately, it doesn't appear such drastic measures will be neccessary. He's keeping the collar on now. I'm afraid to take if off him since I'm not sure what I did differently putting it on last time! Right now he's outside howling his fool head off. It's not that cold, he has his coat on, I think he can handle half an hour in the isolation pen! The fresh air will do him good(I hope!)

cmayer31
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Glad to hear that he hasn't figured out the trick to pulling the current setup off! He looks great in his orange coat too.

Lol about him howling in the iso pen.

Freedom
02-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Sorry I've missed the little episode on the 8th. Anvik is making sure everyone knows he is out of commission, eh? Wishing all the best for both of you.

borzoimom
02-11-2007, 04:44 PM
I have found that putting a jacket- even a hunting orange jacket, over a dog with stitches on the side works better than any collar. They feel warmer, hard to get at, and it just works..

ramanth
02-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Good to hear you're doing okay Annie, even if you won't leave the collar alone. Goofy boy. :D

Glacier
02-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I have found that putting a jacket- even a hunting orange jacket, over a dog with stitches on the side works better than any collar. They feel warmer, hard to get at, and it just works..

Oh, it will take more than just the jacket to stop Annie. He chewed up two jackets after his last surgery! He'll need to wear something for a long time, even after the stitches come out though. He has a huge shaved area and we won't see temps warm enough for that for several months yet!

finn's mom
02-12-2007, 12:09 PM
That photo is so pathetic. ;) He does look rather handsome in orange, though! Get better, Anvik!

Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey Bub!

Didja happen to *notice* that your Dad's been gettin Atta-Boys for the last two days?
A noticable departure from the norm; but noteworthy, for sure!

And - it's Valentine's Day ... an oft overlooked by Dads & Sons event.
Unless you *bought into* the Flower Fund;
are plannin to *Cook Dinner* for Mom;
or have some other 3-star gift lined up ...

I'd suggest you continue the Good Boy routine and
* Leave the Bite-Not ON
* Keep your teeth OFF the Nifty Orange Coat
* NOT chase da Kats
* minimize tonight's Death Howl concert
* shower Mom with *kisses* & {{{Hugs}}}

Let Mom know she's SPECIAL!!
;)
;)

Glacier
02-14-2007, 04:59 PM
I'd suggest you continue the Good Boy routine and
* Leave the Bite-Not ON
* Keep your teeth OFF the Nifty Orange Coat
* NOT chase da Kats
* minimize tonight's Death Howl concert
* shower Mom with *kisses* & {{{Hugs}}}

I'm doing my best, Mr. Phred. I haven't taken my collar off for a few days. Mom let me have a break from it last night and I didn't chew my stitches. Course she watched me every second it was off!

I'm getting very good with the cats. Much better than when I first came to live here and I lunged at that hissy one. Polly Paws doesn't like me much, but Mom says if I leave them alone, they will leave me alone. If I ignore the cats, Mom lets me lay on the couch with her when she watchs TV. Furniture is the coolest thing ever! I had no idea about that stuff before!

No guarentees on the howling. I am a husky, you know! I have to express myself!

I give Mom lots of kisses, but I am not allowed to hug her right now. Usually I jump up and give her hugs all the time, but it kinda hurts when I jump right now. Sometimes she lays down with me and I give her hugs that way! She even laid in the snow a few times so we could snuggle!

Dad's kinda annoyed with me right now. He's at home today and I won't go outside for him! I want to wait for Mom! What can I say; I'm a Momma's boy! :D

Mom is gonna talk to my vet on Friday and see if my stitches can come out. Probably I will have to wait til Monday though.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Anvik

Cinder & Smoke
02-14-2007, 05:25 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I'm doing my best, Mr. Phred.
* I haven't taken my collar off for a few days.
* I'm getting very good with the cats.
* No guarentees on the howling. I am a husky, you know!
* I give Mom lots of kisses, but I am not allowed to hug her right now.
* Dad's kinda annoyed with me right now ... I won't go outside for him!
* Mom is gonna talk to my vet on Friday and see if my stitches can come out.

Whttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gifW!

I'd say this is a pretty good Valentine's Gift for Mom! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

As for your Dad - give him a break - he just *Lhttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gifhttp://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gifKS* Tuff ...
After all, your Mom can keep him in line ... you won't have a problem either! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

As for the Early Out wiffa Zippur ... careful, Bub!
You don't wanna risk havin any "parts" fallin out onna floor!

Keep on FEELIN Better!!
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

cmayer31
02-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I
Dad's kinda annoyed with me right now. He's at home today and I won't go outside for him! I want to wait for Mom! What can I say; I'm a Momma's boy! :D

Anvik

I laughed out loud at this! He's such a momma's boy! I'm glad that Mr. Anvik is doing better and I hope he gets to have his stitches taken out next week.

ramanth
02-15-2007, 08:03 AM
It's okay Annie. Chipper is a Momma's Boy too. Kia is Daddy's Girl. ;) :D

pitc9
02-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Anvik... don't worry! There's nothing wrong with being a Mamma's boy!
Just ask Buddy!!

joycenalex
02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
anvik, i'm a mommas' boy. dude, suck up big time here, the mommas are often a softer touch then the dads. wags alex the wonder dog