PDA

View Full Version : Going back to work...

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 05:30 PM
After months at home- retirement is not for me. I got a full time job at our large local hospital in admissions in out patient, and will start on the 13th. This is a huge hospital- one of the top 100 in the US ( Winchester Medical ) and pretty excited.
Originally I wanted only part time but this doesn't involve weekends so it wont bother showing the dogs.
I have been leaving the house for about 3 hours a day for several days to get the dogs use to this.. Except for one mishap ( thanks alot femka).. everything appears to be okay. I only work 4 days a week for 10 hours.. I will continue to do this until uh something else happens with Galina.. the dogs will be left for 6 hours a day without either myself or my husband- time they would normally sleep if I am here, so I hope they adjust.
Retirement stinks- I will be 47 in march and I need something to do.. I looked into going back to the post office- but I think I already did that- got the t-shirt and the tattoo.. lol..

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
anyone see this or should I just delete it... ???? :( :confused:

critter crazy
02-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Good luck! I am sure the babies will be fine, and will adjust quickly! I know how staying at home can be a bore, I myself filled out some applications today. Have fun being a working stiff again!:)

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I see it. :p Congrats on going back to work. I'm sure the dogs will adjust. ;)

something else happens with Galina..
I don't know what this means. :confused:

Daisy and Delilah
02-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm just seeing it :) Congratulations on the job. It sounds great!! I was retired for a year then I went back to work parttime. It was adequate enough to keep me busy and covered insurance. Then I accepted a fulltime position but later decided I liked parttime much better :) I returned back to parttime two weeks ago. YAY!!!!! :D I hope you enjoy your job!!

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I see it. :p Congrats on going back to work. I'm sure the dogs will adjust. ;)

She is having a litter this year.. :D

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm just seeing it :) Congratulations on the job. It sounds great!! I was retired for a year then I went back to work parttime. It was adequate enough to keep me busy and covered insurance. Then I accepted a fulltime position but later decided I liked parttime much better :) I returned back to parttime two weeks ago. YAY!!!!! :D I hope you enjoy your job!!
I wanted part time too- but well.. we shall see...

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2007, 07:10 PM
She is having a litter this year.. :D

I kind of thought that's what it meant! Hmm, don't think I've ever seen a borzoi puppy. ;)

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I kind of thought that's what it meant! Hmm, don't think I've ever seen a borzoi puppy. ;)
you all will be splattered with pictures... lol...

prechrswife
02-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Congratulations on the new job!

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 07:35 PM
THANK YOU ALL!! I thought no one cared.. ( slaps head- stupid michelle- slap again... )

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Don't slap yourself too hard, you won't be able to go back to work! :D Looking forward to being splattered with pictures. :cool:

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
when she is bred- I will be home from then on- to me- I made the decission to let her breed- I am responsible... the male is set and we are just waiting- meanwhile I LOVE PT but I cant stay home all the time now. I am well now- and ready to go.. shoot- I do not care if its just a part time job at a food lion- just to get out for a few hours.. lol...

joycenalex
02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
THANK YOU ALL!! I thought no one cared.. ( slaps head- stupid michelle- slap again... )
hey michelle, congrats on the job, welcome back to the 'dark side' of employment, and please...stop with the slaps, save them for your co-workers... ;)

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 08:06 PM
hey michelle, congrats on the job, welcome back to the 'dark side' of employment, and please...stop with the slaps, save them for your co-workers... ;)
ROFLMBO... okay...

cassiesmom
02-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm just seeing it :) Congratulations on the job. It sounds great!! I hope you enjoy your job!!

Borzoimom, I'm just seeing it too - I hope you enjoy the job too! Hey, could you give the Four Beautiful Ones a pet or two for me?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Borzoi on the Westminster dog show. The hound group is being judged on Tuesday 2/13. I signed up for a digital photography class at the high school because I got a digital camera for Christmas. It is 5 Tuesday evenings, starting February 6th. I'm bummed because I'll miss the hound group! I might have to cut class that night.
The paragraph on the Westminster Web site with Borzoi breed information says they have "striking good looks". I'll say!

BC_MoM
02-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Congratulations, Michelle! Have fun!! :)

catnapper
02-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Great going! I know a lot of people who couldn't sit still for retiurement. Have fun at your new job! :)

kimlovescats
02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Of course we care ... congratulations!!! Hey, 47 is way too young to retire anyway! Enjoy your time away from the house, but don't be a stranger to PT! ;)

Reachoutrescue
02-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I am soooo happy for you! Congrats on the new job! Everybody needs time away....I don't think I will ever stop working!! Good luck, I know you will do great!!

shais_mom
02-02-2007, 01:32 AM
good luck! :)

Flatcoatluver
02-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Congrats on the new job! :) I know how you feel, it gets boring at home all day. I hope you have fun!

Pam
02-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Congratulations on your new job! I am just seeing this and am so glad you never slapped yourself on the head. LOL! It sounds like an interesting job and one where you won't be on your feet too much during the day so your recovery can continue. I work with patients every day and do enjoy it. Of course ours are repeat patients so we sort of get to know them. In your case, hopefully they will never need to see you again! LOL! We will miss your posts but hope that you will catch up on things on your days off. After working a 10 hour day I would never be functioning enough to post at PT. :p

borzoimom
02-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Borzoimom, I'm just seeing it too - I hope you enjoy the job too! Hey, could you give the Four Beautiful Ones a pet or two for me?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Borzoi on the Westminster dog show. The hound group is being judged on Tuesday 2/13. I signed up for a digital photography class at the high school because I got a digital camera for Christmas. It is 5 Tuesday evenings, starting February 6th. I'm bummed because I'll miss the hound group! I might have to cut class that night.
The paragraph on the Westminster Web site with Borzoi breed information says they have "striking good looks". I'll say!
I am so looking forward to the show. So many of my friends have dogs in the show- I feel left out... ( sniff sniff... :( pout pout..)
And- get this one- I got a email this morning from Lowes of all places. I had put in for a part time job- .. hmm.. I sent it to my husband- full time verses part time- and he said it was my decission ... hmmm... lol..

DrKym
02-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Well since I was one of the lucky ones that already knew.................... I will tell ya again, congrats, but DONT OVERDO IT ! ( I am allowed to worry it's my job!)

We are all going down to see Colleen in Falls church in July so make sure the house is locked......otherwise Hottie may be abducted....... ;)

borzoimom
02-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Well since I was one of the lucky ones that already knew.................... I will tell ya again, congrats, but DONT OVERDO IT ! ( I am allowed to worry it's my job!)

We are all going down to see Colleen in Falls church in July so make sure the house is locked......otherwise Hottie may be abducted....... ;)
LOL>.. well by then I should be back home again.. if you uh catch my drift.. lol..

applesmom
02-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Congratulations on your improved health and the new job! :)

Will you still be introducing Major as a new addition to your household next weekend?

GreyhoundGirl
02-03-2007, 02:17 PM

hehe... I wondered if I might be the only one who noticed your... uh... in there... :D

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 02:23 PM
hehe... I wondered if I might be the only one who noticed your... uh... in there... :D
You are uh getting uh good at this... lol...

applesmom
02-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Guess this new job will shoot your return to the obedience ring in the foot won't it?

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Guess this new job will shoot your return to the obedience ring in the foot won't it?
No actually I am back to teaching two classes. And we are showing on the weekends.
We are not taking major. He needs supervision- and he has a new home. His energy level is too much with Hotties advancing condition, and puppies coming this year.
Going from 4 to 5 is a big step if they are not on the same page- and no- he wasnt.. This was decided last week and its better for all concerned. When a dog comes into my house- they spend their life with me. But they have to fit- and " Major" would not have...Luckily he had enough time with Tim for us to know- this wont work...

DrKym
02-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Major was offered to me, and I agreed to be a back up for him, as Michelle and I go way back and my son is also starting in the obedience rings.

So keep your fingers crossed that his new home works, even though we are kinda (ok way hoping) hoping it won't! :p

With 2 dogs that are stil pups themselves and large breeds also, Major will fit right in here. That being said. Back to praying ................................

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Major was offered to me, and I agreed to be a back up for him, as Michelle and I go way back and my son is also starting in the obedience rings.

So keep your fingers crossed that his new home works, even though we are kinda (ok way hoping) hoping it won't! :p

With 2 dogs that are stil pups themselves and large breeds also, Major will fit right in here. That being said. Back to praying ................................
He is a wonderful candiate for obedience- I am just concerned his energy with Hotties condition. I owe Hottie that... He needs to be crated when you are gone- but he is a love bug... I wish you well.. I made a terribly difficult decission- but I have to look at the big picture here.. Major needs to play more than I can offer- but you could do it- and he is a excellent candidate for sure! He is incrediably smart.. Something blonde borzois would not understand..

applesmom
02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
No actually I am back to teaching two classes. And we are showing on the weekends.
We are not taking major. He needs supervision- and he has a new home. His energy level is too much with Hotties advancing condition, and puppies coming this year.
Going from 4 to 5 is a big step if they are not on the same page- and no- he wasnt.. This was decided last week and its better for all concerned. When a dog comes into my house- they spend their life with me. But they have to fit- and " Major" would not have...Luckily he had enough time with Tim for us to know- this wont work...

I'm sorry about Major. I know you were looking forward to the joys of bringing a new dog along for the obedience ring. I couldn't agree more; Hottie and his welfare must come first. It's also very fortunate that you had the extra time to re-think the situation and weren't able to take Major when you originally planned to. Funny how some things work out!

4 ten hour work days a week, two dog training classes and a litter of puppies! You're going to be a busy lady this spring! :) What types of classes will you be teaching? Will you be able to do that at home or do you have to go elsewhere for the classes?

Better get your fill of posting in before you go to work. You won't have time for us once you get into the new routine. :D

GreyhoundGirl
02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
You won't have time for us once you get into the new routine. :D

hehe, she'd better have time to give moi a good supply of Puppy Pics. And older gentlemen pics. And diva pics. :p

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry about Major. I know you were looking forward to the joys of bringing a new dog along for the obedience ring. I couldn't agree more; Hottie and his welfare must come first. It's also very fortunate that you had the extra time to re-think the situation and weren't able to take Major when you originally planned to. Funny how some things work out!

4 ten hour work days a week, two dog training classes and a litter of puppies! You're going to be a busy lady this spring! :) What types of classes will you be teaching? Will you be able to do that at home or do you have to go elsewhere for the classes?

Better get your fill of posting in before you go to work. You won't have time for us once you get into the new routine. :D
I have two classes- one intermediate for preparing for CD, the other is for CDX .. Its simulated ring and handling skills more than anything. The other lady is teaching puppy and beginner.
I got a offer at lowes to be part time. We are discussing it but with my pension already from the post office and just working pt I think will do it. Otherwise- when galina is bred- I leave completly..
My classes are tuesday nights and saturday am for the advanced. It helps those that have handling issues to qualify etc. ( you know how we are... lol..) and that is the design for the class. I was also offered to teach a handling class- but its too much in time. ONe night out is enough for me...
Hottie is fragile sometimes. He has days he just cant cope. Right now we are just trying to get through winter and ice without problems..
/ edit - the classes are with the Recreation department and taught at our local high school. I have been teaching for them for years../

whomeee
02-03-2007, 03:59 PM
I wish you the best of luck with your new job its exciting and scarry at the same time isnt it? You sure are going to be busy is there ever enough time in the day when work gets in the way :D

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 04:10 PM
That is why this little pee-diddly job at lowes has me interested- I can leave it at work- just enough hours for me to get out etc, and when Galina has her litter- easily left... lol.. I do not mind saturday am classes- but man I hate tuesday evening classes... lol.. Its like you get settled then you have to leave but what the hey... lol..

GreyhoundGirl
02-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Haha, I'm sure this is a stupid question but what is lowes? haha :p

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Haha, I'm sure this is a stupid question but what is lowes? haha :p
Oh- its like a huge hardware home supply store- and I would get a discount and my husband- as I pointed out to him, we would have a discount. They sell everything like plumbing, flooring.. you name it.. Its like a home depot..

GreyhoundGirl
02-03-2007, 05:19 PM
haha. We have a lowes here... It is a grocery store. We also have a loebs... That's a grocery store too. And a loblaws grocery store... lol

CathyBogart
02-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear about Major, but at least you have no doubts that he will be loved and spoiled rotten!

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Totally! And what he needs.. and we do too.. taking a dog is a big decission and not taken lightly in this house..

Love That Collie
02-05-2007, 06:55 PM
After months at home- retirement is not for me. I got a full time job at our large local hospital in admissions in out patient, and will start on the 13th. This is a huge hospital- one of the top 100 in the US ( Winchester Medical ) and pretty excited.
Originally I wanted only part time but this doesn't involve weekends so it wont bother showing the dogs.
I have been leaving the house for about 3 hours a day for several days to get the dogs use to this.. Except for one mishap ( thanks alot femka).. everything appears to be okay. I only work 4 days a week for 10 hours.. I will continue to do this until uh something else happens with Galina.. the dogs will be left for 6 hours a day without either myself or my husband- time they would normally sleep if I am here, so I hope they adjust.
Retirement stinks- I will be 47 in march and I need something to do.. I looked into going back to the post office- but I think I already did that- got the t-shirt and the tattoo.. lol..

Congratulations, Michelle, hope you enjoy yourself. Sorry I didn't see this until now but I've been mostly on the "other" forum, which is very active with more categorized topics. :D Are you still getting Major?

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Congratulations, Michelle, hope you enjoy yourself. Sorry I didn't see this until now but I've been mostly on the "other" forum, which is very active with more categorized topics. :D Are you still getting Major?
Read page 2... to beginning of 3..

applesmom
02-12-2007, 05:45 PM
borzoimom what's the latest update? Which job did you take and when do you start?

borzoimom
02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
borzoimom what's the latest update? Which job did you take and when do you start?
Believe it or not- I took the part time job. I want a job I can quit when its time for Galina. Now some people may not understand taking a job based off of a dog- but I would.. I already get a pension, and that is what I did. I now work at Lowes- in the office part time- and have 3 days under my belt..
when Galina is bred and has her pups = I am leaving.. I got reinstated into the post office as a supervisor- but wont do this uh maybe when the pups are born and on their way... lol..
All I want is dog show money... lol.. ( arent I bad.. lol.. ) ;)