PDA

View Full Version : Pics of our puppy Artica *cuteness warning*

kittycats_delight
02-01-2007, 11:59 AM
So we went to visit with Artica today and spend some time with her. I got a couple of pics. She is such a munchkin. She was in my arms for about 30 minutes all snuggled in under my neck and in my hair. She also had some playtime with Guido (hubby for those that don't know). Guido would run backwards and she would run ahead and then jump back, stick the butt in the air, wag her tail and bark. Then she would start all over again. She is going to be a blast and I know Vixen will love her. She is so gentle and so playful.

Anyway enough blabbing. Here are the pics I took of her today.

BTW: Artica means Arctic in italian. I think for the most part I will be calling her Tica.

Oh yeah and for the experts. do you guys think she is a newf x or what? Not that it is important but I would like to know just to get an idea of how big she might get. She does have webbed toes. I checked.

Taz_Zoee
02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Ahhhh!!! I think she is 1000% prue bred ADORABLE!!!!!
Oh my goodness, you should have put a cuteness warning on that one!!
Congrats on the puppy!! :D

kittycats_delight
02-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Cuteness warning added. LOL

dukedogsmom
02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
She is just adorable! Welcome to the wonderful world of dogs. Sounds like your husband and her had a good time. Would have loved to see her playing. Its great that she loves to cuddle. I'll look forward to seeing many more pics of Tica.

Karen
02-01-2007, 12:08 PM
How old is she now? Maybe a Newf mix, but her face looks a little more delicate than Newf ... Very cute - have the kitties rendered an opinion yet?

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I AM SO GLAD YOU PUT A CUTENESS WARNING!!! She is a doll! she looks like she is wearing a tuxedo.. lol..

ramanth
02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
What a beautiful little puppy! :D

kittycats_delight
02-01-2007, 12:17 PM
How old is she now? Maybe a Newf mix, but her face looks a little more delicate than Newf ... Very cute - have the kitties rendered an opinion yet?

We were told she is about 6 weeks old. She and 3 others were found dumped on the side of a road. She has been at the shelter for 5 days so it will still be about 10 days before she comes home.

No verdict from the kitties yet as they have not met her but I am 100% sure Vixen will love her. She loves dogs. Phoenix should be ok too as long as Tica doesn't chase her too much. LOL

I have a feeling before long Vixen and Tica will be ganging up and Phoenix and given back some of what Phoenix has given Vixen.

This should be fun. LOL I so want her to come home NOW but I will have to bide my time and wait a little while longer. I am going back on Saturday for another visit. We want her to be familar with us so the transition from shelter to home won't be so hard for her.

Thanks guys for all the great comments. She really is a doll baby.

wolflady
02-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh goodness! She certainly is a cute little bundle! It's hard to tell from the pics, but about how big is she now? Newfies do indeed have webbed toes. ;) All I know is that she is 100% cute, whatever she is! ;)

**hugs**

elizabethann
02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh no! I didn't heed the cuteness warning and opened this thread! Now I am melting because I want to give Tica a big smooch on the lips. She is so freaking adorable! Look at those paws!

kittycats_delight
02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Oh goodness! She certainly is a cute little bundle! It's hard to tell from the pics, but about how big is she now? Newfies do indeed have webbed toes. ;) All I know is that she is 100% cute, whatever she is! ;)

**hugs**

She is not overly big Karen. I would say she is about 10 - 12 lbs. She is almost the size of a normal full grown cat not quite as tall or long but definately as wide. LOL She is a little bit poofy. The other 3 puppies that were with her look like lab x. They all have the webbed toes. I don't know if maybe they could be newf/lab???? Maybe she just won't be as big as a newf which I really don't expect anyway.

Either way no matter what she is we are in LOVE !!!!

k9krazee
02-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh my, she is a doll!! :D

She looks very 'newfish' to me, but I guess it'll be hard to know better until she's older...and I can't say that I've been around too many Newf pups! If the other 3 look mostly lab I would think that Newfie/Lab is very probable.

You were asking about size and weight of Newfs and I just found this..

(Male pup)
Chart #1
At 1 month..11 pounds
at 2 months ..22 pounds
at 3 months..40 pounds
at 4 months ..64 pounds
at 5 months..79 pounds
at 6 months ..88 pounds
at 7 months ..101 pounds
at 8 months ..108 pounds
at 9 months ..112 pounds
at 10 months 115 pounds
at 11 months 117 pounds
at 12 months ..119 pounds

Chart#2
AVERAGE WEIGHTS:
one month 4-9 pounds
two months: 10-20 pounds
three months: 25-35 pounds
four months: 35-55 pounds
five months: 45-60 pounds
(these are averages with bitches being on the lower end of the scale and males on the upper end.)

http://www.pressie.org/NewtsHomepage.html#NGR

Hope that helps a little, I can't wait to watch little Tica grow up! :D

kittycats_delight
02-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh my, she is a doll!! :D

She looks very 'newfish' to me, but I guess it'll be hard to know better until she's older...and I can't say that I've been around too many Newf pups! If the other 3 look mostly lab I would think that Newfie/Lab is very probable.

You were asking about size and weight of Newfs and I just found this..

(Male pup)
Chart #1
At 1 month..11 pounds
at 2 months ..22 pounds
at 3 months..40 pounds
at 4 months ..64 pounds
at 5 months..79 pounds
at 6 months ..88 pounds
at 7 months ..101 pounds
at 8 months ..108 pounds
at 9 months ..112 pounds
at 10 months 115 pounds
at 11 months 117 pounds
at 12 months ..119 pounds

Chart#2
AVERAGE WEIGHTS:
one month 4-9 pounds
two months: 10-20 pounds
three months: 25-35 pounds
four months: 35-55 pounds
five months: 45-60 pounds
(these are averages with bitches being on the lower end of the scale and males on the upper end.)

http://www.pressie.org/NewtsHomepage.html#NGR

Hope that helps a little, I can't wait to watch little Tica grow up! :D

So it seems seeing she is a girl hehehehehe and about 6 weeks that 12 lbs is about the right weight for her age. She doesn't have any of that puppy fat you can feel her little ribs when you hold her so if she was feed right she would probably be more around 15 lbs.

Interesting. Wow maybe I am in for a big ol lug of a lover of a doggy. hehehehe I can't wait. :D

pitc9
02-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Congrats!
Oh she is a cutie pie for SURE!!!
I don't know anything about Newfies besides they have webbed toes like you've stated.
You said the others from the litter look lab.. labs have webbed toes also. So they could be Newfie/Lab and she just looks more like a Newphie and the others could have more Lab in them. Is she a lot bigger than her litter mates?

kittycats_delight
02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Congrats!
Oh she is a cutie pie for SURE!!!
I don't know anything about Newfies besides they have webbed toes like you've stated.
You said the others from the litter look lab.. labs have webbed toes also. So they could be Newfie/Lab and she just looks more like a Newphie and the others could have more Lab in them. Is she a lot bigger than her litter mates?

She is double the size of her littermates. That fact and her sweet face were the first things that drew me to her.

Jadapit
02-01-2007, 12:38 PM
She is absolutely adorable! I love her coloring. I bet your counting the days before she comes home. :D

lvpets2002
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
;) ;) Aweee this baby is so Adorable.. Such a bundle of joy.. I do think she has some sheep breed & for sure newf (with the webbed feet).. Yes for sure Cutie Overload..

luvofallhorses
02-01-2007, 01:16 PM
She's so cute! :) Congrats!! :)

Queen of Poop
02-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Ohhhhh my. She is soooooooo adorable. I don't know how you can stand to wait to bring her home.

GreyhoundGirl
02-01-2007, 02:25 PM
I AM SO GLAD YOU PUT A CUTENESS WARNING!!! She is a doll! she looks like she is wearing a tuxedo.. lol..

Haha, I thought you might have suggested greyhound x.

(sorry people, a joke with a long story :o :p )

JenBKR
02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Michelle! I'm so excited for you! What a CUTE puppy :eek: She looks so cuddly! Welcome to PT sweet Artica!

orangemm
02-01-2007, 04:07 PM
What a little cutie! Artica is adorable! You will have so much fun with her, and so will the kitties!

Daisy and Delilah
02-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Awwwwww!!! Awwwwwww!!! She is so cute!! I love her. Welcome to PT little doll!! :)

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 05:15 PM
So it seems seeing she is a girl hehehehehe and about 6 weeks that 12 lbs is about the right weight for her age. She doesn't have any of that puppy fat you can feel her little ribs when you hold her so if she was feed right she would probably be more around 15 lbs.

Interesting. Wow maybe I am in for a big ol lug of a lover of a doggy. hehehehe I can't wait. :D
I agree- looks right on target.. lol..

Freedom
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
She is very sweet! And she has been in the water somewhere, she left little paw prints on the cobblestones - you can see them best in the 2d photo.

Kfamr
02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh my goodness, this is so exciting! Love her name, too. Congrats on your baby girl, I cannot wait for her to get home.

cloverfdx
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Ohhh my she is devine :D. Congratulations on your new baby, the next couple of weeks will feel like forever until you can bring her home ;).

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2007, 06:38 PM
You're killing me with cuteness here! I'll bet you can't stand it, waiting to get her! :D

catmandu
02-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Artica Is Such A Cute Pup , And I Think That Vixen Will Have A Friend To Play With, And Be Companions With For Years To Come.
I Can Hardly Wait To See Photos Of Them Together.

sprokett
02-02-2007, 09:07 AM
awwwwww so cute thanks for the warning

Pawsitive Thinking
02-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Judging by the size of her feet I'd say HUGE. She is lovely

wolfsoul
02-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Aw, she is so cute! :D Congrats!

I don't think her head looks newfie, but that could just be the other breed. :)
http://www.wagstowhiskerspetsit.com/sitebuilder/images/josh-265x189.jpg
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images16/NewfoundlandHarvey2halfMonths2.JPG

Lobodeb
02-02-2007, 09:45 AM
O-h m-y- g-o-o-d-n-e-s-s! What a little doll baby!

Michelle, she's precious! Congrats and welcome to the dog world. ;)

Question-why is the date 5-8-2006?

borzoimom
02-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Could be collie/newf- there is a slight ear prick of a young collie pup.. and the length of the 'leather' in the ear would match a collie type.. Its narrow at the tip of the ear.

kittycats_delight
02-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Wow guys thanks for all the compliments. I believe we will be going for another visit tomorrow if hubby is not too tired. He has to work until 6:00am so we will see. Let's hope so. If not we will be going on monday. :)

Question-why is the date 5-8-2006?

The batteries died and I never reset the date. LOL

Kfamr
02-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Will we get more pictures? *crosses fingers*

Has she been introduced to kitties at all during her stay at the shelter? If not, I'd ask them if they could do that. I know when we got Mufasa he barked at my brother's cats when we visited. He was a bit spooked by them which in return he spooked them and they went into hiding.

Taylorbay
02-02-2007, 09:18 PM
wow she is Adorable and she does have some newf looks, that white patch on her chest is very newf looking but whoever said about her head looking delicate is right, she doesn't have the newf head and I've seen some newf mixes that have white paws or white ticking on their paws. does she have dewclaws?

I picked up my purebred newf at 8 weeks and she was 16 lbs
my newf/pyr was 14 lbs at 9 weeks
they now weigh 120 and 111, both are females

You've got a wonderful pup there - Congrats!

krazyaboutkatz
02-03-2007, 02:09 AM
She sure is adorable.:) Congrats!!!:D

Chilli
02-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Awwwww! =D
What a doll! The first thing I thought when I saw her was a newf mix, but I haven't a clue on what else to guess.

Either way, I think she's 100% adorable. :D

kittycats_delight
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Couldn't get guido out of bed early enough to go see her today so when he is off monday he can haul his butt up early so we can go.

Will we get more pictures? *crosses fingers*

Has she been introduced to kitties at all during her stay at the shelter? If not, I'd ask them if they could do that. I know when we got Mufasa he barked at my brother's cats when we visited. He was a bit spooked by them which in return he spooked them and they went into hiding.

Kay it depends on the workers that are there whether I can get more pics. If the sour puss guy is there that was there last monday probably not lets hope he isn't there. If Any of the girls are working there won't be a problem.

Now for you questions. Artica has not be introduced to any kitties unfortunately and it won't be possible to do so because they do not keep kitties at the shelter. All kitties are in foster homes.

I am pretty sure she will probably bark at Vixen and Phoenix too but where her bark is not high pitched I know it won't bother Vixen. Vixen hates the high pitched barks. Vixen will most likely give her a strange look and either continue to investigate her or flop down on the floor and wait for Artica to get curious enough to invest. Phoenix will most likely make herself disappear or she will get on the cat tree in the hall and just watch her. Once she realizes that Artica is no threat then she will either ignore her or swat her to tell her 'I'm boss'. Don't worry we will watch them like a hawk. I am 100% sure there will be no problems with Vixen. Phoenix can be pushy so we will have to watch her for awhile.

Lori Jordan
02-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I am just uploading a cd i got from Molly's breeders i will post some of molly at that age she does look like a Newf to me A ladesser(sp)it will take me a few minutes

Ok here they are

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Picture044-1.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Picture111-1.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Picture130.jpg

kittycats_delight
02-03-2007, 04:24 PM
You know Lori looking at those pics I would say yeah for sure. She seems to be the same size and looks so much like the pics. Tica is not quite as fluffy on her head though. But everything else looks just about right. Thanks for putting up the pics for me use for reference. :)

Lori Jordan
02-03-2007, 05:53 PM
She sure does look it though,Remember not all News are the same i have compared Molly too alot of different News and she is Tiny in my eyes,Vet says she does not have a long back which is good i guess chances are she might not end up with HD,Make sure you update with more pics,Oh and here is out new Guy "Bruiser"He is Black and White also.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/IMG_0343.jpg

Suki Wingy
02-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I love her name! She's such a cutie-ball. :D

wolf_Q
02-03-2007, 09:48 PM
She's adorable!! Congratulations! :)

cyber-sibes
02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
She's a real cutie! A big ol' ball of fur, for sure. Congratulations!