PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a name

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2007, 09:39 AM
It looks like we're getting a new kitty. :)

There's a little old man that just moved into a park model across the street from us that has a kitty that needs a home. He and his wife were full-timers in their motorhome for 5 years when his wife died last February. This winter he decided to take his kids' advice (all 13 of them! :eek: ) and get rid of the motorhome and settle down into a park model. "Home" is Ohio and the reason he wants to get rid of the kitty is because there is no way she would take the ride back to Ohio, then back out here next fall in a car.

She is a beautiful long hair calico with a little "snot" near her nose. ;) I don't have any pics yet because we don't have her yet. She was hiding when we were there, so he will bring her over when he can get ahold of her.

Anyway, the reason for the post is her name, which is Robin. I'm really not fond of people names for kitties, which is the reason we made Jack into Cracker Jack. We also really liked the way Peanut(s) and Cracker Jack fit together so well, so I'm hoping you guys can help us come up with another name that goes with Cracker Jack.

I was thinking something like.....Cracker Jack and Cookie, or Cracker Jack and Candy, or Cracker Jack and Soda Pop. Terry thought of Jack and Coke. ;) But we didn't really like any of the ones we came up with, so I said I'd ask PT for help.

Oh, another one we came up with is Jack and Jill, which is cute.....but they're people names.....

Any other ideas?

DrKym
02-01-2007, 09:41 AM
How about Prize? ,
since we all know if you eat the box there is a surprise inside!!
And this kitty was a sweet surprise for you?

Just a thought :)

catlover4ever
02-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Congratulations on your new additions. Can't wait to see pictures and hear what name you have choosen.

Try this site for names

Kitty Names (http://www.cat-names.us/)

There are all kinds of categories for names to choose from.

Congratul

jennielynn1970
02-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Bingo was Sailor Jack's dog. Or you could call her Carmel... like the coating. Or Toffee, since they make CJ with a toffee coating. Something sweet and melty sounding for a little longhaired calico girl. Or maybe Smore if she's the brown (graham crackers), black (chocolate) and white (marshmallow) mixture of the calico :D :D :D

Laura's Babies
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
As you can tell by what I name my babies, I love people names for them. I love the name Cookie for a kitty! That means she is sweet and loveable (like a cookie). I can't wait to see pictures of her.

Cinder & Smoke
02-01-2007, 10:29 AM
It looks like we're getting a new kitty. :)

... were full-timers in their motorhome for 5 years ...
She was hiding when we were there ...

Robin.
I'm really not fond of people names for kitties ...

People Name??
I thunk "Robin" was for a Flovour of BIRD!??
Purdy good name for a KAT!

:p

Sure Hope CJ is happy with his new Buddie-to-Be!!

KitCat
02-01-2007, 11:03 AM
What about Caramel. That might go with her coloring.

K & L
02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to see a picture. Only thing I could come up with is Butter, Toffee, or Candy. I'll be watching for the pictures.

kuhio98
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
How about Popcorn or Fiddle Faddle? :p

Karen
02-01-2007, 11:19 AM
People Name??
I thunk "Robin" was for a Flovour of BIRD!??
Purdy good name for a KAT!

:p

Sure Hope CJ is happy with his new Buddie-to-Be!!

My dear human friend Robin would argue that it is a human being name!

I like Caramel or Carmel, or Sugar, but only you will know when you meet her!

Trinityagain
02-01-2007, 11:20 AM
I have to say I love the idea of a cat named Fiddle Faddle....

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 11:29 AM
I have to say I love the idea of a cat named Fiddle Faddle....

Me too! I also like Toffee, Candy, and Prize. And Taffy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I knew I could count on PT - great suggestions!

I love the idea of Surprise or Prize. I also love Toffee and Caramel and Fiddle Faddle! I had to Google Fiddle Faddle so Terry could see what it was. They even have toffee flavored Fiddle Faddle. ;)

We peeked under the bed where she was hiding, so we have a little idea of what she looks like - lots of white with the caramel colored "snot" by her nose, and I noticed her tail has many different colors in it. But we'll have to see her in her full glory before really deciding on a name, so keep the ideas coming! :)

Oops, forgot to add that there were three definitions for Fiddle Faddle on another link from Google.
1) fid·dle-fad·dle (fĭd'l-făd'l)
n.
Nonsense.
2)fiddle-faddle
noun
Something or things that are unimportant:
3)The noun fiddle-faddle has one meaning:
Meaning #1: trivial nonsense

:D

RedHedd
02-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh Goodie! I can't wait for pics! I'm with you on the Cracker-Jack - food-related name. How about Jelly Bean or Tootsie (Tootsie Roll)?

jazzcat
02-01-2007, 11:50 AM
How exciting!!!! I can't wait to see pictures.

I love the suggestions made, especially Fiddle Faddle.

Sonia59
02-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Oh Waaaww! It's a great news! :)

I like the idea of Cracker Jack and Caramel.

At the shelter we have a little girl corresponding to the kitty description you gave, and we named her Minky! But I am not sure it sounds fantastic in English...well, just another suggestion anyway!

I can't wait for more news of a firm adoption, and pics of course! :D

Catty1
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
If she eats too much, will Fiddle Faddle Waddle??? :D

Uabassoon
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Bingo was Sailor Jack's dog. Or you could call her Carmel... like the coating. Or Toffee, since they make CJ with a toffee coating. Something sweet and melty sounding for a little longhaired calico girl. Or maybe Smore if she's the brown (graham crackers), black (chocolate) and white (marshmallow) mixture of the calico :D :D :D

Great minds think alike! You took all of my name suggestions :D I was thinking Bingo, Toffee and Caramel!

wolflady
02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Great minds think alike! You took all of my name suggestions :D I was thinking Bingo, Toffee and Caramel!

Count this "thirded"! :D

I particularly like Toffee and Caramel. :)

**hugs**

shais_mom
02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
For "foodie" names I totally agree with the above --
but
I'm still in favor of these too

I agree and this one should be named Monarch (Monny)- or whatever type of butterfly it is - or even Butterfly (Butter for short) or Chrysalis (Chrys for short).
See I got ya covered on the name front - the rest is up to you when your heart is ready.
{{hugs}}
since she was apparently sent by Peanut - I mean a TORTIE on white sending a CALICO?! ;)
Fiddle Faddle is cute too.
so she's ok with traveling in the RV but not by car? Is that what I understand? Where abouts in the OH is the man from? B/c when you come for a PT meeting you could always meet up with him for a check in? Or is he living where he is now?
{{hugs}}

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 02:10 PM
As long as snack food is the theme...how about Goober?

wolflady
02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
As long as snack food is the theme...how about Goober?

*snicker*

Or how about Ruth?? As in Baby Ruth? ;) Don't they have peanuts in them?

jenluckenbach
02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :D :D

How about the name Lollipop? (Don't ask me why, but it seems just right)

Freedom
02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Great news! No matter what name you choose, you will need to add Robin to it for a time. She already knows her name at her age!!! After a few weeks she will make the transition.

CultureJunky
02-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I like toffee, that seems to fit. And if she's calico she'll have those colours on her somewhere! :D

Randi
02-01-2007, 03:39 PM
How exiting that you're getting a new kitty. :) I like the names Caramel, Cookie, Toffee, and Taffy. How about Kalua, Tia, Tasha or Coco?

sprokett
02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
:D :rolleyes: ha ha cracker j and cheese

(im so silly) ha ha aha ha ha ha ha

sprokett
02-01-2007, 04:17 PM
jaffa!!! hahahahahahaahahaaa :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Like minds.......Two votes for toffee...

Remember there is a Toffee brand of Cracker Jacks. :)

ES,

See, we can agree on stuff!

K & L
02-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Tootsie, Carmello, Cashew, Almond Ambrosia, Marmalade, Reesee, Snickers...

shais_mom
02-01-2007, 05:48 PM
how old is she?

rg_girlca
02-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh how exciting, a new kitty for CJ. :)

I like the names, Candy & Caramel.

catfamily
02-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I was going to name my next girl Vicky.I love that name.Of course I won't be getting another but if I had to...:rolleyes:
So how about Vicky?Isn't that a beautiful name?

wolflady
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Tootsie, Carmello, Cashew, Almond Ambrosia, Marmalade, Reesee, Snickers...

Awwwww....Ambrosia is a cute name!

catmandu
02-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I think that thats wonderful that Cracker Jack is getting a little Calico to be friends with.
And I know that the Tubby Angels will do what they can to help things along.
I like that name Bonono, the name of the Turkish taffy that was popular when I was young.You spell it B O N O M O TURKISK TAFFY!!

catfamily
02-01-2007, 07:32 PM
I love Vicky but also maybe Vanessa?I still love the bautiful name Vicky or Victoria the best.But I just thought of Vanessa too.

Or Mia?That's a short but very pretty name.
or Sandy?
I keep coming back and adding names.lol
Cj and Sandy,has a nice ring.
OK I'll stop :D

Logan
02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't really care what her name is. I am just thrilled for you and Terry that you are getting a companion for CJ. I think Butter would love a feisty friend, but Scott says no.

Debbie, one of my friends adopted a beautiful gray cat, recently, and his name was already "Lunchbox". She hated it and wanted to change it, but I told her that I once named a cat "Shrimp Boat" on purpose and I like the ring of "Lunchbox", and she ended up keeping that name. LOL!!!

Whatever her name is, I hope that Robin will make you happy and get along with her new brother. :)

Love,
Logan and Butter, the lonely, only kitty

Bengalz
02-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh so excited that you've found a little sister for CJ :D She sounds gorgeous and I'm dying to see pictures :p

Love the name Caramel or Carmie; also love K & L's suggestion - Cashew - sounds so delectable (can you tell I like cashews :rolleyes: ). You'll pick just the right name for her, I know you will.

Does CJ have any suggestions for the newest lil snot?? I'll bet he'll have some opinion - sooner or later :p

Can't wait for the stories....

Hugs to all,
Betty

PS Carmie and CJ has a nice ring ... hmmm

Vermontcat
02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm so excited that you will be getting a new kitty. :)
I love a lot of the names already suggested, Caramel, Toffee, Taffy, Fiddle Faddle.
Maybe you can even name her Chex Mix. :)
I really think we need to see a photo of her to help you pick a name.

Happsmom
02-01-2007, 09:15 PM
How about "Trinket"?

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
How about "Trinket"?

Too, too funny! I love it! :D :D

p.s. Logan...I think LunchBox is an adorable name too....

catnapper
02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Congrats on the new kitty. I have no name suggestions, but I too like Trinket. :)

kimlovescats
02-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Congratulations!!!! She sounds beautiful ... I can't wait to "meet" her!
I love the name Fiddle Faddle, and also Taffy! ;)

Catsnclay
02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Isn't there a song that goes something like...."....and peanuts, popcorn & cracker jacks....."?????

So, you have a Cracker Jack, and dear sweet Peanut!! And they all come in TUB......BY'S............:rolleyes: Ok, I know that was dumb and stretching things, but......think of the song!!! :cool:

I'm SO glad to hear that CJ is getting a new playmate!!!! :D

Ok, it is now picture time..............we want PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara
02-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Too, too funny! I love it! :D :D

p.s. Logan...I think LunchBox is an adorable name too....

For once we disagree. A kittie's name has also to be in agreement with her dignity :p and so I don't think Fiddle Faddle or Lunchbox would be ok- especially if the kitty is no longer a teen.
I vote for Caramel as it seems to fit nicely with her coloring.
And this kitty will be a very happy one :)

orangemm
02-02-2007, 03:58 AM
How wonderful that you will be welcoming a new kitty to your home! A win-win situation for everyone involved. She sounds beautiful!

Since we're on a candy-sweets name, how about KitKat?

Pictures soon, please!

RICHARD
02-02-2007, 04:22 AM
http://www.taquitos.net/dbimages13/CrackerJacks-NBN-ButterToff.jpg

Three reasons...

What kind of Cracker Jacks are these? ;) :cool:

Notice the "NEW" label...

And CJ will be 'niuts' about her..

Contest closed? :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-02-2007, 07:53 AM
OH i'm so happy for the new kitty!! she is getting herself a WONDERFUL furrever home!!!

I stink with names... but LOOOOOVE a lot of the ones suggested! Good luck picking one out!

I CAN'T WAIT to see the pictures!!! :D

ramanth
02-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Need photos to help properly name her. ;)

Congrats on your new addition though. I hope she settles in quickly and she and CJ become fast buddies. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Thank you all for ALL the great suggestions! The problem with pics is that I still don't have her. See.....she has a "yapper dog" (sorry!) roomie that she doesn't like. The dog chases her so she only comes out at night when the dog is in her crate. So her owner is going to wait until 1)we're home and 2)she comes out. We're not home a lot in the evenings anymore so the timing of this is all stinky. :(

There are a lot of great suggestions here and I agree that we need to see her before we really pic out a great name for her. My all time favorite ice cream is vanilla ice cream with caramel and pralines, so I thought of Praline, but it's just another suggestion.

Oh, and I think CJ will have no problem with her, it's how she's going to get along with CJ that I'm worried about. However, as long as he's not barking at her and chasing her, she might just like him. ;)

Thanks again everyone. :)

K & L
02-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Poor baby! It's too bad you just can't get her now. Where are you 2 located these days? Are you still in AZ? I'm sure she'll settle in just fine. It may take a bit, but once she sees how good she has it, she'll be thanking you! Praline is a good one, but you'll decide once you see her.

Donnaj4962
02-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Oh I am so glad to hear that CJ will be getting a new sister! I can't wait to see pictures!

I like all of the name suggestions....but I still like the idea of butterfly names since Peanut came to you in butterfly form to say her final goodbyes and thank yous for all the love you gave her! "Monarch" sounds quite regal!

Of course, once you actually "see" her and get to know her a little, the right name will come to you!

Anxiously awaiting those pictures!

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2007, 06:09 PM
I just came home from the grocery with an idea...Frito! or Frita if you prefer....snack food with a southwestern twist!

RedHedd
02-02-2007, 07:50 PM
.... or Dorito or Dorita; Cheeto? Cheetah? :D Ok, now I'm getting hungry! :p

krazyaboutkatz
02-03-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm so glad to hear that CJ will be getting a new sister soon.:) I also like the names Caramel,Cashew,and Praline. I'm sure that you'll pick a wonderful name for her.:) How about Butterscotch?

sirrahbed
02-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I am so happy to know that CJ will be getting a new sister. I smiled all the way through this thread while reading all the name suggestions.
:D :D

Happsmom
02-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I just thought of these ideas: "Treat", "Poppy" (as in popcorn)( or "Poppie",or maybe "Sailor" (like the little boy on the Cracker Jack box.

Happsmom
02-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Me again! I thought that maybe if you liked "Trinket," it could be spelled "Trinkit" , because she IS a KITty!!! ;)

gini
02-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Oh Debbie, a new kitty - how exciting. After reading all of the name suggestions I have to add my own. Not sure why, but I am stuck on

FUDGE..............easy to say - Cracker Jack and Fudge!

lisalee
02-03-2007, 02:23 PM
That's so wonderful your getting a new kitty, she sounds very pretty. I'm sure she'll be very happy to get away from that doggie! :D I look forward to seeing pics of your new sweetie, all the names sound great!

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2007, 04:51 PM
But "naming" doesn't seem to be the major problem ...

The problem with pics is that I still don't have her.
See.....she has a "yapper dog" (sorry!) roomie that she doesn't like.
The dog chases her so she only comes out at night when the dog is in her crate.

So her owner is going to wait until
1)we're home and
2)she comes out. :(

Seems like a "capture party" needs to be organized!
Any chance "The Yapper" could be kenneled up for an early afternoon nap;
and maybe a feast of Tuna or Shrimp could be served in the Kitty Dining Room?

Or maybe make a LATE-nite visit during Kitty Hours?

Another thought - have Old Dad "skip" a feeding - so Miz Robin is a little more
inclined to stop by the dinner bowl and say HI.

Happie Hunting!
;)

Catty1
02-03-2007, 08:52 PM
The opposite of sweet foods...a friend of mine has a cat her son named Pickle.

:)

Olive? Kumquat? Plum? Chili? Filet? :D

Dorothy39
02-04-2007, 07:39 AM
How very wonderful that you're going to have another kitty to spoil!!

I've enjoyed reading this thread, as every name suggested is *food* for thought!!!

I know you will give **Robin** a Sweet Treat of a Name, when you can get your hands on her~ :p

Happy Hunting ~ and We'll be sooo excited when you post that Debut Picture of your New Furr Girl!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
To meet Robin go here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121467). :D