PDA

View Full Version : Think I need stitches??

Sirrahsim
02-01-2007, 08:22 AM
At the same moment that I was bending to pick Tyler up he jumped up and his head hit me in the mouth. My top front tooth punctured about half-way through my bottom lip on the inside... Think it needs stitches or is that something that will heal on its own??

Sirrahsim
02-01-2007, 08:24 AM
The bleeding stopped very quickly but it is very swollen

pitc9
02-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I would think becuase the bleeding stopped that you do not need stiches.
But then again... I'm not a Dr. ;)

Catty1
02-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I have had that happen. RInses with warm salt water will help a lot.

But if there is no improvement in a day, or it gets really worse, see your doctor.

caseysmom
02-01-2007, 09:01 AM
I think that is a hard place to get stitches. My daughter cut under her toe at the crease and they said that was also a hard place to put stitches.

Lobodeb
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
You probably won't need stitches as the mouth is the fastest healing part of the body.

Owie to you, though. It's amazing how hard these little guys' heads are. Hugito headbutted me once right square in the nose. I thought I was going to die. :rolleyes:

Sirrahsim
02-01-2007, 10:28 AM
no kidding about kids having hard heads!!
I mixed up the same solution that they had me use after my tongue piercing years ago :o It is very soothing and is supposed to promote healing

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I would think becuase the bleeding stopped that you do not need stiches.
But then again... I'm not a Dr. ;)
I am not either- but that would be my assumption if this were my injury. Usually stitches are to close a wound.. and if it did on its own- I am inclined to say no you do not..

RedHedd
02-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Ouch! but like someone else said, the mouth is one of the fastest healing areas in the body. You should be fine after a day or two.