PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 197- It's a Football Party!

RICHARD
02-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Here we go....

Some chips, beer, guacamole, 7 layer dip, beer, slushies, hot dogs, burgers and Rolaids!!

I'm rolling out the grill--kick the tires and light the fire....mesquite, of course!

Go Team!!!

wombat2u2004
02-01-2007, 05:16 AM
What ??? No wombat sandwiches ? I'm not going...I have my rights !!!

Cinder & Smoke
02-01-2007, 06:06 AM
SB Partee Joke:

Q. What do you call a Cleveland Browns Player with a Super Bowl ring?
A. A thief :eek:
:p
:D

Maresche
02-01-2007, 06:46 AM
SB Partee Joke:

Q. What do you call a Cleveland Browns Player with a Super Bowl ring?
A. A thief :eek:
:p
:D

Hey! It's sad but it's true.

I'll make the salsa--Mild, Medium and Habenero!

RedHedd
02-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Habanero salsa, please! And I'll start a vat of my man-slayer chili! Better get me hopped up on some high-octane java while I'm messin' in the kitchen. No, Mario, do not play with the chili peppers, but you'd better have Orc retrieve a fire extinguisher from the L&F :eek:

lvpets2002
02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
:) Ok lets go with some Rolaids First!! :p Oh boy the food sounds good.. Could I have a Long Island Tea please.. ;) Hey Mario go get us some habanero sauce from Maresche please.. :cool: Also bring in some Ice.. Mario stop watching TV for now due the game has not started yet.. Young man dont stick your fingers in the dip.. :o

Karen
02-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I do not like football.

Chalk it up to sitting through 5 years of enforced attendance to losing high school football games. I attended a 5-year high school, was in the marching band, had to wear an orange wool band jacket (I'm allergic to wool) and our football team was so pathetic we - the marching band, would consider taking over the field just to salvage the players. I figured with a baritone saxophone held sideways, I could take down at least a couple of linebackers ... For two years, our team only one one game - and it was against the voc-tech school, so "didn't count."

So I'll be outside while the game is on, throwing a tennis ball for Lady ... or whoever else wants to chase it!

wolflady
02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Yum! Sounds good Richard! Did you make your home made salsa? I brought extra chips and my signature artichoke cheese dip and sourdough bread.

Throw me a brewsky and I'll help you with those burgers and dogs on the grill!

lvpets2002
02-01-2007, 12:39 PM
:) Dont tell no one that I really go for the Commercials & Halftime show.. Also Animal Planet will have Puppy Bowl & Halftime Kitten Entertainment.. Mario get back here, Karen did not say anything about you going after the tennis ball - Yet!! Young man give me the ball!! Oh my Ikky Ikky on the ball.. :D

cassiesmom
02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
An extra-strong coffee for me, please, Mario - I've got a migraine coming on and I need a shot of caffeine to make it subside.

RICHARD
02-01-2007, 02:59 PM
:) Dont tell no one that I really go for the Comercials & Halftime show.. Also Animal Planet will have Puppy Bowl & Halftime Kitten Entertainment.. Mario get back here, Karen did not say anything about you going after the tennis ball - Yet!! Young man give me the ball!! Oh my Ikky Ikky on the ball.. :D

One tennis ball....DONE!

Wl,
Let me hand you a brew!

I'll stoke the fire and keep the salsa bowls filled too...

DONE!

Karen, Attendance optional here...

Let me give you a "T"

"T" :rolleyes: :D

Done?

LP...Rolaids??

And a LIIT....
DONE!

Redd...Man-slayer? Where do you hide the bodies??? :eek:

DONe?

Maresche...

Thanks for the hand!

Drink?

Done..

C&S,
Too funny...

Drink?

Wombat.

LOLOLOL..

What's in a Wombat sandwich?

I don't want to run afoul of the endangered species laws... :eek:

catland
02-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Football Parteeee -- Mario, get back here with the decorations. I'm also partial to the commercials. ;)

Barkeep - nothing says football like hot dogs and beer. I'll take one of each.

lvpets2002
02-01-2007, 03:48 PM
:eek: Mario Why do you have Six Hotdogs & Beers?? :rolleyes: Catland said she wanted one each.. Mario take her at least one each.. What do you mean you have eaten them All!!! Monkeys what do you with & or without them.. :D
Football Parteeee -- Mario, get back here with the decorations. I'm also partial to the commercials. ;)

gini
02-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Why is the Super Bowl called "Super"?????

Sorry, that just crossed my mind.

It's a little after two here, could use something to hold me through the afternoon.

And Richard - "your inner lesbian?"................you know there is no room in there for a few lesbians!!:D

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 04:26 PM
In honor of the workingperson (????) history of both cities involved in this years contest (one the city of my birth...the other my home....)

I propose Boilermaker as the drink of the week.

and here's the recipe....

Fill shot glass with whiskey. Drop full shot glass into mug o' beer. Drink immediately, enjoy.

gini
02-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Why is it called the super bowl?

Sunday, January 14, 207

Professional Football Commissioner Pete Rozelle wanted to call the match between the AFL and NFL champs "The Big One." During discussions to iron out the details, AFL founder and Kansas City Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt had jokingly referred to the proposed interleague game as the "Super Bowl." Hunt thought of the name after seeing his daughter playing with a toy popular at the time called a Super Ball. That ball is now on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.

lvpets2002
02-01-2007, 04:49 PM
:) Gini = I thought they called it Super Bowl so we could have Super Food & Super Bowls of Snacks & Super Party.. :D

wolflady
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
:) Gini = I thought they called it Super Bowl so we could have Super Food & Super Bowls of Snacks & Super Party.. :D

LOL so true! After all, this is what I enjoy most about the Super Bowl! The super bowls of food, family and fun! *snicker* I'm not sure if I've actually "watched" the super bowl, aside from the commercials and half-time shows... :o

RICHARD
02-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Done and Done!

LP,
The Mario loves his wienies!

Gini,

My I.L. just came out of the Lost and Found! :D

Done?

ES...

You have to pick a winner tho....No hedging your bets... :D

One boilermaker.....DONE!

There is a great program on one of the sports channels and they go into some of the lore and history of the game....

The original name was something like..

The NFL/AFL Game for the world championship of foiotball. :eek: :confused:

Since the name Super Bowl is trademarked you cannot use it in any merchandising sense without the league's permission..

So, when you hear the tag line, The Big Game, that company is trying to keep from being sued.... :(

cassiesmom
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
An extra-strong coffee for me, please, Mario - I've got a migraine coming on and I need a shot of caffeine to make it subside.

Mario, can I have a refill, please? You'd better make it a grande. And a couple of Rolaids. Boy, I wish my headache would go away. Maybe RedHedd's man-slayer chili would slay my headache, too. Could you tell the group I hope they are having great fun at the Super Party.

RedHedd
02-01-2007, 07:28 PM
:D I call it my man-slayer chili because several of my long-term relationships were launched by that chili. Some even lasted longer than three months :p There was an engagement and a marriage in there somewhere too. I don't have a real recipe, I just throw the stuff that I know works into the pot and let it simmer. It turns out somewhat different each time, but it's always good.

cyber-sibes
02-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Mmmmmm, that chili sounds de-lish! Sounds like just the thing to warm up with - brrrr, it's really cold today! I just got back to town from an all-day funeral, I am caffined-out! Do we still have any hot chocolate around here? so the Super bowl is this weekend? I don't really watch the football, but the commercials are always great!

Karen
02-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I'll mix up a big batch of really-chocolately hot chocolate, a big enough batch so everyone can have some, and add their own marshmallows, cinnamon, or both!

wombat2u2004
02-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Ingredients:
1 wombat
2 slices bread
butter
Method:
Cook wombat, slice thinly when done, put between buttered bread slices....enjoy !!!!

RICHARD
02-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Ingredients:
1 wombat
2 slices bread
butter
Method:
Cook wombat, slice thinly when done, put between buttered bread slices....enjoy !!!!

Uh......okay.....

Done??? :)

Karen.

Ah, the last time we had all-you-can-eat marshmallows.... :eek:

DONE!

CS..

Un chocolate?

DONE!

RH...

Chili will last three months in a freezer...the men...I dunno.... :confused:

CS
more rolaids and a place by the fire...

Done!

ORc...more wood please?

wombat2u2004
02-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Hey Ya'll.
I may be a redneck from the very deep south.....Australia this is....can anyone tell me what a rolaid is ????
Wombat

davidpizzica
02-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Wombat, a rolaid is a pill that you take to settle an upset stomach. I can use a couple when I try Redhedd's manslayer chili! I hope I'm not the man it slays!! I'm siding with the Colts this year, I already had my excitement when Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl last year.

lvpets2002
02-02-2007, 09:08 AM
:) Mario go get some new packaged marshmallows.. We cannot use the old ones that are buried in the Snow.. :rolleyes: Young man stop blowing the cinnamon in my face.. :p Ok thats it Mario go play with Karen's Tennis Ball Now!! :o
I'll mix up a big batch of really-chocolately hot chocolate, a big enough batch so everyone can have some, and add their own marshmallows, cinnamon, or both!

Blue_Frog
02-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Yay! Richards back at the bar :D

I don't watch football, or really know how the games' played. Can someone explain to me how many wickets it takes to put you into the penalty box? ;)
(jk)

Could I get a coffee with some Doolans (irish creme) in it? Its been a long day so far what with training our support group here, and just looks to be getting longer ...

catland
02-02-2007, 11:39 AM
I think I'll pass on the wombat sandwich. :rolleyes: but the hot chocolate sounds great.

cyber-sibes
02-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Yay! I don't watch football, or really know how the games' played. Can someone explain to me how many wickets it takes to put you into the penalty box? ;)(jk)LOL!! You really gave me a belly laugh with this one! ( ;) I think my "knowledge" of football puts me right there with ya!)

lvpets2002
02-02-2007, 11:52 AM
:) Not for sure how many wickets; but if Mario drinks Six More Beers he will have had to many wickets & be in the Penalty box.. :o Richard no more letting Mario come to the bar & carry off anything ok.. :D
Yay! Richards back at the bar :D

I don't watch football, or really know how the games' played. Can someone explain to me how many wickets it takes to put you into the penalty box? ;)
(jk)

Could I get a coffee with some Doolans (irish creme) in it? Its been a long day so far what with training our support group here, and just looks to be getting longer ...

RICHARD
02-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Wombat, a rolaid is a pill that you take to settle an upset stomach. I can use a couple when I try Redhedd's manslayer chili! I hope I'm not the man it slays!! I'm siding with the Colts this year, I already had my excitement when Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl last year.

Thanks for the explaination!

WB..

They taste like peppermint flavored chalk! :eek:

BF,

I think you get a red card first!

On cafe with Doolans.

DONE!

CL on hot choco!

DONE!

CS & LP....

We do have a football seminar over at the pool table.....it's free and fun...I teach it! :eek:

cyber-sibes
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
CS & LP....We do have a football seminar over at the pool table.....it's free and fun...I teach it! :eek: :cool: ! Can you have us up to date by the opening pitch? :p

gini
02-02-2007, 03:39 PM
:cool: ! Can you have us up to date by the opening pitch? :p

No, no, no - they "dribble" the ball...............:D

Blue_Frog
02-02-2007, 04:07 PM
BF,
I think you get a red card first!
On cafe with Doolans.
DONE!

We do have a football seminar over at the pool table.....it's free and fun...I teach it! :eek:

Can I attend even with a Red Card against me? ;)

lvpets2002
02-02-2007, 04:24 PM
:o Wait Wait is there not a Puck in the actions here.. Mario dont look at me like that.. Your the one that told me The Ball was a Puck.. :p
No, no, no - they "dribble" the ball...............:D

wombat2u2004
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Thanx for that David P

RedHedd
02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Oh deer! Looks like you're going to have your hands full with that football seminar, Richard. I think we might need a bigger pool table! :D

No, Mario, do not toss the Wombat into the chili :D :rolleyes: :p

DrKym
02-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Hello all! Richard may I have just a water today? still not felling up to par, so no alkie for me yet? Although isn't whiskey medicinal?

Jas and I brought a pot of 5 alarm chilli and some home made corn pones to go with, he brought the dogs too. Mario if you climb up on her back like that she is gonna roll over on you!!

Redhedd I brought Io our huge blind orangie to meet you!

I am rooting for the Colts, but Jasper wants Tiger woods to win. :rolleyes: I don't think he is much of a football fan despite my best efforts! :p

RedHedd
02-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Jas and I brought a pot of 5 alarm chilli and some home made corn pones to go with, he brought the dogs too. Mario if you climb up on her back like that she is gonna roll over on you!!

Redhedd I brought Io our huge blind orangie to meet you!

We can have a chili contest!

Aww! Io sure is a lapful of orangie fluff.

Just coffee for me this a.m. It's a beautiful sunny day in S.F. and the weather guessers are saying the temps are going to be downright summerlike. Time to get the flip-flops out :cool:

DrKym
02-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Actually RH, I think Io is sweet on your Tortie :eek: He is just using your lap to get to her! ;)

As for the contest..................so far I haven't killed any men with mine but the groans from the loo the next day make me wonder :D So I think you win!

Can we send Mario for some cheese and chopped onions for this chilli?? Where did Mario go? for that Matter where are my dobies? :eek:

cyber-sibes
02-03-2007, 12:17 PM
It's a beautiful sunny day in S.F. and the weather guessers are saying the temps are going to be downright summerlike. Time to get the flip-flops out :cool: :o The nerve of some people! I don't think we've hit double digits today. Next wave of artic blast coming through this afternoow, too Brrrr :mad: Time to get the muk-luks out! Maybe I'll travel by dogsled tomorrow.

Hey, a chili contest! My name is on a plaque back in Quincy for winning a local chili contest there. :D I'm bringing a big pot of chili here to the bar for the game tomorrow anyway, along with some hot cornbread.
Richard, does bringing a big vat of chili get me out of those football lessons? ;)

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2007, 12:19 PM
temps are going to be downright summerlike.
Time to get the flip-flops out :cool:

:confused:

"Get the Flip-Flops OUT"!??

WHEN do you Kal-ee-phorn-ians ever put em AWAY?

RICHARD
02-03-2007, 01:14 PM
:cool: ! Can you have us up to date by the opening pitch? :p

Of course! DOne!

Gini,,,,

If we drink enough we can dribble all over ourselves!

DONE?

BF..

Red card or not...all welcome!

DONE!

LP...

LOL....I thhink that was a distraction...Your keys are on the roof!

Wombat,

What do they have down under for the upset tummies? :confused:

DR. G
One water and thank you for the chili.

DONE!

Redd. Flops and some coffee? DONE!

CS,

Football school is optional
DONE!

C&S,
Our sucky weather is just around the corner!!

DONE?

slick
02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Gini,,,,If we drink enough we can dribble all over ourselves! Yeah, like I haven't seen that before!!!!!! :D ;) :p

OK, don't laugh but I just took down the last of my outdoor Christmas lights. I said please don't laugh....I can hear y'all splitting a gut. Life has been too busy so just now getting the time to do that. Now I have to haul all my Christmas boxes down to the storage locker but before I do, I could you a nice tall ice cold beer. That would hit the spot.

As for sports, the only one that interests me is "elbow bending". ;) Have fun everyone!

DrKym
02-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, like I haven't seen that before!!!!!! :D ;) :p

OK, don't laugh but I just took down the last of my outdoor Christmas lights. I said please don't laugh....I can hear y'all splitting a gut. Life has been too busy so just now getting the time to do that. Now I have to haul all my Christmas boxes down to the storage locker but before I do, I could you a nice tall ice cold beer. That would hit the spot.

As for sports, the only one that interests me is "elbow bending". ;) Have fun everyone!

We are supposed to take them down??? :eek:

wombat2u2004
02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Of course! DOne!

Gini,,,,

If we drink enough we can dribble all over ourselves!

DONE?

BF..

Red card or not...all welcome!

DONE!

LP...

LOL....I thhink that was a distraction...Your keys are on the roof!

Wombat,

What do they have down under for the upset tummies? :confused:

DR. G
One water and thank you for the chili.

DONE!

Redd. Flops and some coffee? DONE!

CS,

Football school is optional
DONE!

C&S,
Our sucky weather is just around the corner!!

DONE?

Ahhh....we have stuff called Mylanta, thats liquid, and something similar to your rolaids I guess is tablets called Quick-Eze.....they taste like minty chalk to......bloody horrible stuff.

catland
02-04-2007, 09:44 AM
So its the day of the big game (don't want to get sued :rolleyes: ). The bar is getting a little ripe, what with everyone camped out here for the past few days.

But the Christmas lights are down ;) , the wombat chili is on the stove, the mylanta/quick-eze/rolaids are ready, and soon it will be football time. :D

slick
02-04-2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070204/chili_eater_070204/20070204?hub=TopStories
Speaking about chili.....

MEXICO CITY -- For most people, even the smallest bite of a raw chili pepper means a flushed face and a rush for a gulp of water.

But Manuel Quiroz can guzzle down dozens of Mexico's spiciest chilies, rub them on his skin and even squeeze their juice into his eyes without as much as blinking.

The 54-year-old Mexico City taxi driver said Saturday he has made thousands of dollars with his talent and wants to become the world champion chili-eater. But first he needs to find an organization that can crown him with that title.

"Chilies don't sting me. They don't affect me.'' "It's just like eating fruit,'' Quiroz said at a market in the Mexican capital.

Shoppers stared in amazement as he crunched on a habanero, one of the hottest chili peppers in a country that likes its food spicy.

Quiroz said he discovered his talent when he was seven years old and grew up betting people he could eat more chilies than they could. He never lost.

"I'm the best. No one can rival me,'' he said.

His biggest windfall came when he entered a competition organized by a local television station and took home the US$2,000.

Quiroz said he plans to try to have his abilities recognized by Guinness World Records. To his knowledge, no one in the world can swallow more chilies.

"Chilies are the pride of Mexico,'' Quiroz said. "The world chili-eating champion has got to be here.''

Quiroz said he has never been examined by a doctor to find out if there is a medical explanation for his extraordinary endurance.

"Why would I go and see a doctor?'' he said. "There is nothing wrong with me. Eating chilies makes me feel great.''

:eek: :eek: Perhaps we could invite this "talent" to the next BBQ. He and Richard could duel.......

RedHedd
02-04-2007, 11:11 AM
:confused:

"Get the Flip-Flops OUT"!??

WHEN do you Kal-ee-phorn-ians ever put em AWAY? :D You're right Phred, we don't. :p although mine are in the closet right next to the Uggs ahd sheepskin slippers. Weather in San Francisco can go from arctic to tropic all in one day.

DrKym
02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Ok, Quoia is in a Colts bandana, Rusty is in A Bears. the cats care less, they are waiting for sour cream to drop.

Jasper is waiting for the tee-off, I think I will have a beer and try some of Rh's chilli it smells SOOO good. Mario I think hid the poor fat cat Io :eek: last I saw him he was trying to climb into Marios lap, haven't seen him since.

Mario it isn't fair to play hide and seek with the blind! ;)

RICHARD
02-04-2007, 04:28 PM
OK, don't laugh but I just took down the last of my outdoor Christmas lights.

Hmmm, so did I! :eek:

One bent elbow?

done!

Dr G.

you can take down the lights later on

sit with us and watch the game!

WB,

We gots the mylanta here too!

CL,

Did you skin that wombat?

Kidding!

DONE?

Redd,

LOL,

Uggs and Emus!

DONE!

-------------

I laughed when I saw this article

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_5153915

lvpets2002
02-05-2007, 08:44 AM
:) Oh yes Richard I got my keys off the roof.. SSsss Mario I am sure he knows it was you.. Yes the article is cute..******CONGRATS COLTS WITH THE SUPER BOWL UNDER CONTROLED******

RICHARD
02-06-2007, 02:12 PM
:(
:) Oh yes Richard I got my keys off the roof.. SSsss Mario I am sure he knows it was you.. Yes the article is cute..

That was for the suffering seahawk fans.

C&S.

It was close to 85 degrees outside yesterday..

Toooooo HOT! :rolleyes:

The game was the usual bore....I thought with the first half the whole game would be spectacular...
:(

lvpets2002
02-06-2007, 02:53 PM
The game was the usual bore....I thought with the first half the whole game would be spectacular... :p What I thought the 90 yrd T/D was all she wrote.. Oh well thats what I get for thinking :rolleyes:.. And might I state the Marketing people are all Vacations with the sluffing of the Commercials :confused: ..