PDA

View Full Version : My Social Security Disability claim has been...

moosmom
01-31-2007, 04:27 PM
approved!!! :D:D:D I got a call from my caseworker today and I was half expecting bad news, as I've been told most people are denied the first time around.

Because of my stint in the hospital and the ADD and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder diagnosis, they felt I had a legitimate claim.

I'll finally be able to survive on part-time at Bed, Bath & Beyond. This has been a LOOOOOONG time coming and I'm relieved.

As far as the newspaper job is concerned, I called Joan Hunt yet AGAIN this morning for an update and didn't hear anything back. I do hope they call me. Then I can tell them I got a much better offer (won't tell them with WHO or anything). Hope it puts a crimp in their plans, as their hesitating sure put one in mine, even for a short time.

Things are finally looking up for me. Looks like 2007 is going to be a good year afterall!!

carole
01-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh Donna I am so happy for you, i can imagine it is like a huge weight being lifted of your shoulder's, i really hope 2007 is everything you ever dreamed of, and wish you all the best,you are a really sweet person ,who only deserve's some good things in her life from now on, :) HUGS.

DrKym
01-31-2007, 04:30 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jasper will be so thrilled Donna! We have more candles lit here for you than the Fire Dept will be happy with !LOL

*toasts to Donna and a TERRIFIC New Year for her*

Hugs!

critter crazy
01-31-2007, 04:33 PM
YAY!!! My MIL was accepted her first time too!! I was however denied. but thats okay, cause now the army has to pay anyways!

lvpets2002
01-31-2007, 04:38 PM
:) Oh how so great Donna.. So glad for you.. Good News just in time for Thursdays Party with Richard.. Oh by the way just loved the picture of you & David..

momoffuzzyfaces
01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
:D That's good news indeed!!!
I can remember sitting on my bed in tears trying to figure out how I was going to pay the gas bill that month when the call came and mine was approved!!!

Do you supposed meeting David in person gave you good luck? ;)

joycenalex
01-31-2007, 04:53 PM
i am sooooo happy happy happy for you!!!!!

Zippy
01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
That is wonderful that you got approved!!! :D
Zippy and Pumpkin send Meows and head bumps.

cyber-sibes
01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
***ouuuu, happy dance!***
Congratulations Donna! I'm really glad this will help smooth things out. You may yet hear about something from the newspaper - maybe working for them part-time would be nicer than at Bed, Bath & Beyond?

davidpizzica
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} to you, sweetheart!! It was a long time coming and I'm so happy you're approved. Now if the newspaper would quit dragging it's feet. . . .

catlover4ever
01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Donna that is GREAT news!!! Congratulations!! :) (((HUGS))) Meg

Catty1
01-31-2007, 07:27 PM
YES! It is SOOO nice when the load is taken off! WHEW!

Celebrating with your furbabes???

HUGS! :D

K9karen
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
YAHOO!!! That's so great, Donna and such a load off your mind! I was approved immediately too. Pays to have some wicked medical records, huh? I'm so happy you can be more comfortable now. {Hugs}

BC_MoM
01-31-2007, 11:24 PM
That's fantastic. Congratulations! :)

ramanth
02-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Great news Donna! :)

kimlovescats
02-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Wonderful news, Donna!!! :D

moosmom
02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I slept like a baby last night. No nightmares, nothing. It was wonderful! I'm going to keep on BB&B to get my wage verification to them immediately. I've given up on the newspaper. Don't know what their problem is, however, when they call, I'm just going to tell them I'm no longer available but will be able to freelance a Pet of the Week column.