PDA

View Full Version : Apparently listening to these bands make you gay

luckies4me
01-30-2007, 05:30 PM
According to Love God's Way, these bands influence your children in a not so appropriate manner. :rolleyes:

This just gives me another reason to stay away from religion. :)

http://www.lovegodsway.org/GayBands

joycenalex
01-30-2007, 05:32 PM
...listening to frank sinatra would make you gay? WOWSA????

critter crazy
01-30-2007, 05:37 PM
WOW!!!! I must be sooooo.....Gay!!! WTF!!!! geesh!! so that is what is wrong with the world!:rolleyes: It's just music for cripes sake!:D

Blue_Frog
01-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I really don't know how to take this ... is it a satire site, or someone really believes this?? :confused:

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Well.... I'm Catholic, listen to Frank Sinatra.. and I'm as straight as they come! LOL

This just gives me another reason to stay away from religion. :)

You have to understand that there are extremists in every religion. And you have to remember that the majority of religious people AREN'T like that. I know none was meant, but I take offense to your comment.

Lady's Human
01-30-2007, 05:50 PM
ANYONE can make a website, slap it up, and say what they want.

Just because it is on the web, doesn't mean it is representative of the majority of Christianity.

kittycats_delight
01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Well.... I'm Catholic, listen to Frank Sinatra.. and I'm as straight as they come! LOL

You have to understand that there are extremists in every religion. And you have to remember that the majority of religious people AREN'T like that. I know none was meant, but I take offense to your comment.

I really done understand why you take offense to that. It is a personal choice and as far as i know everyone is free to make that choice if he or she chooses. You choose to follow your religion and others choose to follow their but then again there are others for whatever the reasons maybe choose to stay as far away from any or all religion as possible.

It is not meant as offensive it is simply a personal choice.

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 05:54 PM
It is not meant as offensive it is simply a personal choice.

I know.... hence, why I said I know it wasn't meant to be. ;)

DrKym
01-30-2007, 06:00 PM
As Jess stated, there are extremists in all religions.

However, you can also Google Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Teletubbies, and Scooby-doo to find the same kind of hype and hysteria.

The point of these types of sites is to do exactly what is being done, have more people hit it see it and for them at least to believe it.

Religion is a very personal belief, no religion is wrong and none are right either. There are as many ways to worship as there are people. Every single being has the right and the responsibility to choose what they believe, and what they may or may not disagree with, even within their own proffessed religion.

Just as all of us have the right to choose not to believe in anything.
So before this becomes a very controversial thread, I am asking for all of us , please do not bash or force our own beliefs on anyone that replies here.

I have learned in my life ( I teach World Religions and Egyptology primarily) that these kinds of discussions can quickly escalate from discussion to arguments and to hurt all around.

Just my 2cents
Kym

kittycats_delight
01-30-2007, 06:02 PM
, but I take offense to your comment.

This is the reason I posted that it was a choice and that it was not meant to be offensive. Kass I am sure was not trying to be offensive...she was stating her opinion and her choice to stay far away from religion just like many other people choose to do. :)

Flatcoatluver
01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
John Mayer and Jay-Z! Wow.. it also said Elton Jhon on the list twise!

Chilli
01-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Ha! I never knew I was gay!.. I wonder what my mum will think. :D:D
Honestly, though, music is music. Yes, it affects people, but I certainly don't believe it can cause homosexuality.

luckies4me
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM

It's just that everyone I know that has a religion goes against everything they are supposed to believe in, and until I see/find a religion based mostly with people who actually do the things and follow the things they preach I will stay 100% away from it. I believe in God, I just don't believe in religion. :) I understand that there are extremists (ask me for many photos, I live in Eugene ;) ), it's just not something I would ever want to do. To me, religion is a way to control people. I've always believed this and I doubt anything will ever change my mind. I have a lot of religious friends, it's just not for me.

I didn't mean any offense.

luckies4me
01-30-2007, 06:17 PM
ANYONE can make a website, slap it up, and say what they want.

Just because it is on the web, doesn't mean it is representative of the majority of Christianity.

I never said it was. ;) It just goes to show how some of them think.

slick
01-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, quite obviously, I must be as bent as a paper clip..... :rolleyes:

Karen
01-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Funny, isn't it? Like listening to any music could change one's sexuality - NOT! Given the popularity of some of the artists on the list, well, the world-wide population should be decreasing dramatically, shouldn't it?

Kalei
01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Ahahahahaha! Marilyn Manson, Metallica, and Queen and more are sooooooooooo far away from gay...that was sooooooo laughable ahahahaha! I love many of those bands and I am sooooo straight!

wvmutts
01-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Ha..Ha! Yeah listening to Metallica has made my husband and I gay. :rolleyes:

joycenalex
01-30-2007, 07:17 PM
....i'm still baffled how listening to frank sinarta can make you gay...shaking head.....

Lady's Human
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Judas Priest, Metallica and Ted Nugent are sooooo likely to make one gay :p

Argranade
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Clay Aiken

That is the most funny thing I heard all day.

Okay I belive in God with all my heart but I think that's a little too far.

Also there are MANY type of religions so that gives NO ONE! anyright to think belveing in God is stupid because I mean that site belives in a different way than I do, I'm not catholic or Pento ..., I just belive in God and just because this site says that does not mean you have to take it so seriouse.

I never said it was. It just goes to show how some of them think.
Excacly SOME are over the top but even I respect there way even if it does sound silly to others, actualy Marilyn Manson, Metallica, and Queen can be thought of bad bands because of there looks and somewhat dirty drag of life, I do listen to some of there music except MM, no offence but I hate Him/Her. ;)

luckies4me
01-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Why is it bad if someone thinks believing in God is stupid? Not everyone believes in the same thing, plus believing in God and having a religion are two totally seperate things. Not every religion believes in "God" per say, and some believe in multiple Gods. That is why I love hearing about different beliefs. It's fascinating to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it's just that, their opinion. I don't think anyone is taking this site seriously at all, and if I did I sure as heck wouldn't post the link. I posted the link to point out the stupidity of it all. :p

luckies4me
01-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, quite obviously, I must be as bent as a paper clip..... :rolleyes:

Thank goodness I read this while NOT having any liquid in my mouth or I would have been in trouble!!! :D

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Why is it bad if something thinks believing in God is stupid?

It's all about respect. And saying something that you don't believe in is "stupid", is disrespectful. :p

luckies4me
01-30-2007, 09:18 PM
It's all about respect. And saying something that you don't believe in is "stupid", is disrespectful. :p

That's true, but no one here ever said believing in God was stupid. If something think believing in God is stupid oh well, that's their opinion. I believe in God, but they are entitled to their opinion and I sure as heck don't find them being disrespectful for having that opinion.

Some people think dogs are stupid. Am I going to dislike them for it? No. I still don't see how it's being disrespectful. Now, if they said something like, "You're stupid for believing in God!", well then, that's another story.

I think people who spend hundreds of dollars on their dogs at a boutique are stupid, but that's just me. Don't hate me for it, it's just my opinion. It's funny how people can't even have an opinion these days without it being wrong. It's totally beyond me. Why do people care so much about what someone else thinks of them? :confused: :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
01-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Gotta love those fundies.

Argranade
01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Why do people care so much about what someone else thinks of them?

Sadly attention has taken over many human life's, It's sad how many people can revolve around style and looks with out ever thinking if there realy helping them selvs inside or the people around them, it's always better to give then receive.

Originally Posted by BC_MoM
It's all about respect. And saying something that you don't believe in is "stupid", is disrespectful.

I was just about to type that LOL!

Catty1
01-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Freddie Mercury, late lead singer of Queen, died of AIDS.

A little OT - but him being gay - even the whole band - isn't going to change my sexuality one bit...

"THE SONG MADE ME DO IT - THE SONG MADE ME DO IT!!! AUNTIE EM, AUNTIE EM - THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME...." :D

Okay, waaay past my bedtime... :p

Twisterdog
01-30-2007, 11:35 PM
LMAO! OMG ... can those people be serious?!?

All of the following CD's are in my collection:

The Grateful Dead (AIDS)
The Doors
Queen
Metallica
The Rolling Stones
Kansas
Ani DiFranco
George Michael (texan)
The Indigo Girls
Madonna
Elton John
Melissa Etheridge
Eminmen
Nirvana
Nickleback
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Elton John(really gay)

Shhhhhhhhhhh ... don't tell my husband! I'm quite sure he assumed I was heterosexual when he married me. Of course, he listens to these too ... OMG, my husband is gay because he listens to Metallica! Who knew!!

That's just crazy!! :eek: :rolleyes:

animal_rescue
01-31-2007, 07:52 AM
hehehe I love that Jay-Z will make you gay!! :D

JenBKR
01-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Oh geez that's hilarious. Just goes to show you that no one can be responsible for their own actions anymore. Blame it all on the music!

I wonder how my husband is going to take the news that we are both gay?!?! :eek: And we didn't even know it!

lizbud
01-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Cole Porter ???? :confused: and what is wrong with being gay anyway?
I believe God loves all his children and judges their hearts as only He can.

I don't believe people are influenced in sexual choice by music or choice of friends.

columbine
01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Listening to Frank Sinatra makes you a Mafiosa. :p

Playing violent videogames makes you a mass murderer. Eating sugar makes you susceptible to road rage, and therefore not personally responsible for anything violent you do behind the wheel of a car. And reading tabloids makes you an expert on everything.

And as for religious folk who practice what they preach - try looking for people who practice, but only explain if asked. I'm told such folk exist... ;)
Love, Columbine http://www.particlewoman.com/images/pentacle.jpg

CathyBogart
01-31-2007, 10:08 AM
*laughs* Fundies provide endless means for amusement. Sometimes when I'm bored I like to go over to capalert.com and read their crazy movie reviews. I have some fundie relatives, and the things that they tell me (the little witch girl in the family 0_0) when they come to visit are hilarious.

Didja know you shouldn't date at all until you find the person you want to marry? Sounds to me right up there with listening to Manson making you gay.

jackie
01-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Elton John(really gay)

Hahhahahah, I love the (really gay), thanks for the laughs!

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Things like this are what sway me from religion, too.

Considering I was THIS close to naming Moo, Frank Sinatra, I must be (really gay.) :rolleyes:

animal_rescue
01-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Didja know you shouldn't date at all until you find the person you want to marry?

oh yes yes yes! I remember them telling me that when I used to go to church. Can't go out with someone unless you plan on marrying them, how the heck do you know if you want to marry them if you don't date them?! :rolleyes:

pitc9
01-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Wow, that list is funny!
Yeah... Listening to those people/groups will make you gay.

HA HA!!! :D
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

JenBKR
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
oh yes yes yes! I remember them telling me that when I used to go to church. Can't go out with someone unless you plan on marrying them, how the heck do you know if you want to marry them if you don't date them?! :rolleyes:

Are you serious? haha never heard that one before.....it's sad that extremists ruin it for others.

buttercup132
01-31-2007, 11:53 AM
LOL the rappers that sing about how "hot" girls are and stuff make guys gay!?! Haha that's stupid for someone to think that. Maybe these people just got out of the physic ward.:rolleyes:

theterrierman
01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
How the **** did Nirvana get in there??? Courtney Love mighta been a little mannish, but Kurt Cobain was still straight as the neck on his Fender Mustang.
So I assume that if watching the 'Juicebox' video is going to turn someone gay just by showing girls kissing, then obviously Rage Against The Machine will induce me to kill capitalists and right-wingers.
Sublime will make me want to shoot racists, rob stores and smoke pot, and God forbid I should listen to Placebo, not only will I turn bisexual, but I will start popping pills and -GASP- aspire to become a musician.

Resistance is Futile.

Andy

DrKym
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
I did notice that one of my faves isn't on there...Alanis Morrisette!
I am certain all her music is safe, ROLMAO

I also didn't see Garbage, or Jewel. or for that matter Cyndi Lauper ( I do like some of her tunes) Cher hasn't made an appearance.
I am going to take my Gay self and my Gay husband and all of my Gay kids and load up the stereo with songs that will make us Straight again.................................although I think my step daughters girlfriend may have issues with that, ;)

JenBKR
01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Cyndi Lauper ( I do like some of her tunes)

Actually if you look at the 'safe' bands, she is on that list! :eek:

DrKym
01-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Actually if you look at the 'safe' bands, she is on that list! :eek:
ROFLMAO why not! now that is funny!

theterrierman
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Exsqueeze me? A baking powder??

Evanescence is on the safe list, but John Mayer is on the gay list? There's plenty of satanic crap in evanescence if you look at their music through the eye of a extremist christian. And just because John Mayer is a little more of a 'sensitive guy' he is still, I believe straight. And even if he was gay, does that come out in his music? And if he was gay, does that make him bad? Does it influence listeners to the point of them changing their sexual preferences? I doubt it.

popcornbird
01-31-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm not going to comment on the music issue, but I do want to say something to those of you who feel religion is a way of 'controlling' people.

Imagine this scenario. You are driving along the road when you see a nice, shiny, beautiful car in front of you, sparkling in the sun. When the road is straight, it goes straight. When the road curves, it turns nicely along with it. It stops at stoplights. It parks at proper parking spots. It goes uphill gracefully, and goes downhill beautifully too. It drives fast, yet safe on highways. It slows down in school zones. It stops at railroad crossings. It manuvers perfectly when other cars around it are driving crazy. You think, "Wow...what a perfect driver"...and gaze at the car as you admire it, and think "what a wonderful driver behind the wheel." The car whizes past you, and you peer to get a glance, only to see there is NO ONE behind the wheel. The car is driving itself.

Is this scenario possible? Can a car, left alone without a driver drive so perfectly well, without getting hurt, without getting dirty, without bumping into other cars, crashing, and falling into a ditch? Unless it is in the movie "Cars", of course this scenario is not possible at all.

Now, imagine a scenario that is more realistic. There's a nice, shiny, beautiful car, driving in front of you. The driver jumps out, leaving the car on its own. The car keeps going straight. It goes through red lights, crashing into the cars crossing the intersection. It bumps into the curb. It goes right into a crossing train. It goes off road and ends up in the dirt. The dirt gets all over it and the beauty of the car slowly begins to disappear. The dents make it look awful. Eventually, the car falls into a ditch, and that is the end of it.

Like it or not, we are ALL controlled by something. God has given us the freedom of choice, and it is our choice to choose what we want to be controlled by. Those of us who do not keep ourselves in control end up in a ditch. We can choose to be controlled by something good, or we can choose to be controlled by something evil. We can choose to be controlled by something God loves, or we can choose to be controlled by something God hates. We can choose to be 'out of control' too, but who loves an 'out of control' child?

Those of us who wants to be under the control of 'good' and lead a good, prosperous life, we have that option. Those of us who want to be under the control of evil, or under the control of Satan, or 'out of control', we have that option too. The decision is your's. I'm not a mother yet, but if God blesses me with that gift someday, my kids will have to know that there is both good and evil in this world, and there are also both good and evil people in this world. Not everyone is 'good', and there are lots of actions that make a once good person 'bad'.

DrKym
01-31-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm not going to comment on the music issue, but I do want to say something to those of you who feel religion is a way of 'controlling' people.

Imagine this scenario. You are driving along the road when you see a nice, shiny, beautiful car in front of you, sparkling in the sun. When the road is straight, it goes straight. When the road curves, it turns nicely along with it. It stops at stoplights. It parks at proper parking spots. It goes uphill gracefully, and goes downhill beautifully too. It drives fast, yet safe on highways. It slows down in school zones. It stops at railroad crossings. It manuvers perfectly when other cars around it are driving crazy. You think, "Wow...what a perfect driver"...and gaze at the car as you admire it, and think "what a wonderful driver behind the wheel." The car whizes past you, and you peer to get a glance, only to see there is NO ONE behind the wheel. The car is driving itself.

Is this scenario possible? Can a car, left alone without a driver drive so perfectly well, without getting hurt, without getting dirty, without bumping into other cars, crashing, and falling into a ditch? Unless it is in the movie "Cars", of course this scenario is not possible at all.

Now, imagine a scenario that is more realistic. There's a nice, shiny, beautiful car, driving in front of you. The driver jumps out, leaving the car on its own. The car keeps going straight. It goes through red lights, crashing into the cars crossing the intersection. It bumps into the curb. It goes right into a crossing train. It goes off road and ends up in the dirt. The dirt gets all over it and the beauty of the car slowly begins to disappear. The dents make it look awful. Eventually, the car falls into a ditch, and that is the end of it.

Like it or not, we are ALL controlled by something. God has given us the freedom of choice, and it is our choice to choose what we want to be controlled by. Those of us who do not keep ourselves in control end up in a ditch. We can choose to be controlled by something good, or we can choose to be controlled by something evil. We can choose to be controlled by something God loves, or we can choose to be controlled by something God hates. We can choose to be 'out of control' too, but who loves an 'out of control' child?

Those of us who wants to be under the control of 'good' and lead a good, prosperous life, we have that option. Those of us who want to be under the control of evil, or under the control of Satan, or 'out of control', we have that option too. The decision is your's. I'm not a mother yet, but if God blesses me with that gift someday, I know that I will let my kids know that not EVERYONE in this world is good, and someone you can be 'friends' with. There are lots of bad people in this world, and if kids are left 'out of control', they can easily get themselves into dangerous situations, and not even realize it.

And who is in control of the religions?

Miss Z
01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
It's just that everyone I know that has a religion goes against everything they are supposed to believe in, and until I see/find a religion based mostly with people who actually do the things and follow the things they preach I will stay 100% away from it.

That is very similar to the way I feel, as I respect religion but prefer not to be involved myself :)

Is this website for real? The content of the brackets next to a few of the bands and singers seem fairly odd, so much it seems as if they're used for a comical effect. :confused:

Homosexuality is almost certainly something people are BORN with, not something avoidable and it certainly can't 'invade' family life.

And, as others have said, according to this list I must be as straight as a roundabout! :p

Zippy
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Listening to some bands makes you gay.I have never heard that one but I don't doubt next eatting pizza makes you gay or wearing blue makes you gay :rolleyes:

btw I am a Christian and I'm Proud to be one. :D

caseysmom
01-31-2007, 05:20 PM
I am not religious or gay but I respect both groups rights to their beliefs/feelings.

Kalei
01-31-2007, 05:26 PM
That is very similar to the way I feel, as I respect religion but prefer not to be involved myself :)

Is this website for real? The content of the brackets next to a few of the bands and singers seem fairly odd, so much it seems as if they're used for a comical effect. :confused:

Homosexuality is almost certainly something people are BORN with, not something avoidable and it certainly can't 'invade' family life.

And, as others have said, according to this list I must be as straight as a roundabout! :p

I just wanted to comment on this because it is not a proven fact that people are Born gay. I personally believe that once the person is old enough to choose which the person likes, that they make that decision themselves, tehre is many people I've known that are straight as can be and then one day they decide they have no luck with the oppossite sex and want to try the same sex..that is choice not being born with it.

Until someone actually proves that people are born gay then i won't believe it fully. I think people choose what sex they want to like.

But I do respect everyone's opinion here, that is why religion can cause so many wars and fights in this world, because people won't respect each other's religions and opinions, if everyone just respected each other's religion or opinion then the world would get along great in alot of way.:)

slick
01-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Ah Oh, I just heard a Madonna song and it made me happy...therefore am I gay?? :p :D

No offence to the gay community.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-31-2007, 06:26 PM

Those of us who wants to be under the control of 'good' and lead a good, prosperous life, we have that option. Those of us who want to be under the control of evil, or under the control of Satan, or 'out of control', we have that option too. The decision is your's. I'm not a mother yet, but if God blesses me with that gift someday, my kids will have to know that there is both good and evil in this world, and there are also both good and evil people in this world. Not everyone is 'good', and there are lots of actions that make a once good person 'bad'.

I have always been curious...I'm just wondering, if God is omniscient, how can we ever make choices that are not what God would have expected all along? Indeed, if God is both omniscient and omnipotent, how could we ever make choices at all?

I personally don't see how a "good" person could "go bad" just by poor choices. There are many forces in this world, not just good and evil.

cmayer31
01-31-2007, 06:48 PM

Those of us who wants to be under the control of 'good' and lead a good, prosperous life, we have that option. Those of us who want to be under the control of evil, or under the control of Satan, or 'out of control', we have that option too. The decision is your's. I'm not a mother yet, but if God blesses me with that gift someday, I know that I will let my kids know that not EVERYONE in this world is good, and someone you can be 'friends' with. There are lots of bad people in this world, and if kids are left 'out of control', they can easily get themselves into dangerous situations, and not even realize it.

I normally just lurk while at work, but this one got my attention. I most certainly haven't done the right thing 100% of the time and I'm not proud of some of the things that I've done in my life, but I have done many good things as well. Maybe that's the balance of good and evil, but that's also life lessons and learning experiences. Growing up my closest friends were into all sorts of bad things such as controlled substances, vandalism, and other not so legal activities. They were and some still are good friends and I stuck by them in their actions whether I participated or not. Does that set the stage for out of control? Personally I didn't, and have yet to, fall into a ditch. Many of my friends who were out of control are some of the best people I know including EMT-P's, police officers, CHP, and one who owns and operates a successful business mostly built by helping people and having outstanding word of mouth advertising for his personal and honest help.

I'm not religious at all, I don't believe in the standard version of god, and I most certainly disagree that a supernatural force has any control over my decisions. I base my decisions on common sense, enforced laws, and the laws of physics.

My parents to the best of my knowledge love me, as do my friend's parents, regardless of how out of control we were as children and as adults. Love is much bigger than good, evil, out of control, or anything in between, and I don't need a belief to know that is true.

Now onto the thread, I listen to almost all of those bands/singers and am straight as can be. A few of my really good friends are gay and they go see Cyndi Lauper every chance they get. I'll have to tell her that listening to the Doors makes her gayer than seeing Cyndi live. :eek:

critter crazy
01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
I am not religious or gay but I respect both groups rights to their beliefs/feelings.
DITTO!!!

caseysmom
01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
cmayer, I really enjoyed your post it was very eloquent and I agree wholeheartedly.

Husky15
02-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Wow, according to this list, I am as straight as a circle. ;)

Miss Z
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I just wanted to comment on this because it is not a proven fact that people are Born gay. I personally believe that once the person is old enough to choose which the person likes, that they make that decision themselves, tehre is many people I've known that are straight as can be and then one day they decide they have no luck with the oppossite sex and want to try the same sex..that is choice not being born with it.

Until someone actually proves that people are born gay then i won't believe it fully. I think people choose what sex they want to like.

True, it's not a 100% solid fact, but then in science not many theories are! I read a rather compelling article about brain structures of both hetro and homosexual people a while back and that seemed to convince me, but of course, everyone's entitled to their own view. :) I guess the point being of what we are both saying is that being gay is not something you can 'catch' from your surroundings.

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 02:02 PM

So do you remember the day you decided which to be?

cassiesmom
02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm in big trouble, because I love the music of Cole Porter. I'm not exactly sure what message this writer is trying to disseminate. I get the impression he's trying to convey that the artists listed have composed and/or recorded music with a pro-homosexual message. But I'm not going to stop listening to (for example) the Doors just because they are on this list. Their music is not going to make me homosexual, any more than it is going to make me a drug user. Neither is the work of anyone else on this list. Heck, if I wanted to avoid anything troublesome I'd never listen to music, I'd never watch television, never look at the Internet, never read a book, go to an art museum or see a movie. I have to filter what I see and hear through my values and beliefs.

Kalei
02-01-2007, 02:54 PM
So do you remember the day you decided which to be?

No, no body chooses on any certain day, actually not everyone even chooses. Many people just accidentally fall in love with whoever is attracting them, whether they are being attracted by a the same sex or opposite. When I was old enough I always felt it was normal and the right thing to be with a guy, so that's what I have always decided to be with is a guy, but if I wanted to any day I couild change my mind and say I want to like the same sex and then try and like it. If people were BORN gay then are people BORN to be Bi-sexual too? It's not like there is any proven gene out there in biology that says "This gene shows that this person will be gay, or a gene that shows that this person will be straight."

No science has ever proven that people are Born gay or bi or straight.

By the way I got your sarcasm...haha funny.

BUT everyone is entitled to their own opinion if someone believes people are born gay then that's fine. I respect them for that, but that doesn't mean I can't express my opinion either, which is all that I was doing.

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 02:57 PM
, but if I wanted to any day I couild change my mind and say I want to like the same sex and then try and like it.

Fascinating theory.

Kalei
02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks, I'm just saying that the human mind changes decisions all the time.

EDIT: BUT everyone is entitled to their own opinion if someone believes people are born gay then that's fine. I respect them for that, but that doesn't mean I can't express my opinion either, which is all that I was doing.

Thought I'd repeat that just in case some people don't see it.

Husky_mom
02-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I´ve feel cheated........how come I didn´t noticed I was gay :rolleyes: .......and hubby too.........aww man.......maybe even my kid, cause I´ve listened this usic while he´s around :rolleyes:

LOL..........

guilty as charged........I listen plenty of those artists music

good laugh provided............thanks!! :D

Husky15
02-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Fascinating theory.
Everybody loves the sarcastic ones. :rolleyes:

To me, people are born to be naturally attracted to the opposite sex, but later on some people find themselves to be attracted to the same sex. I could add more detial to that, but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

I guess there isn't really proof whether people are born with it or not, though.

RICHARD
02-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Faith Hill, Pat Benetar, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Lucinda Williams and Gloria Estefan helped release my inner lesbian. :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Everybody loves the sarcastic ones. :rolleyes:

To me, people are born to be naturally attracted to the opposite sex, but later on some people find themselves to be attracted to the same sex. I could add more detial to that, but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

I guess there isn't really proof whether people are born with it or not, though.

Actually, there are quite a number of studies on this subject.

But you honestly believe you can wake up one morning and decide you are sexually attracted to the opposite sex and wake up the following morning and decide that day you are sexually attracted to people of the same sex?

You say "everyone knows what you mean" I haven't a clue....I could no more change to which sex I am attracted than I could change the color of my eyes.

gini
02-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Sara, what was Ellen DeGeneres' girlfriend's name? She switched and went on to get married and have a baby I believe. Whether she woke up one morning looked at Ellen and said "I am no longer a lesbian"..........I have no idea.

They lived no more than ten blocks from me, I should have gone over and asked her:D

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Gini...I just read she and her husband have split up..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gini
02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Not me...........I am not saying one more word...............:D

popcornbird
02-01-2007, 04:32 PM
There's a big difference between 'attraction' and the 'act'. Come on now. Anyone can find anyone 'attractive'. If a married woman starts finding another man 'attractive', should she leave her husband and go with him? That's ridiculous. Attraction happens, to everyone. You don't have to always follow it. People get a lot of desires, thoughts, ideas, etc. that are just thoughts and not meant to be acted upon.

I'm also one of those people who strongly believes man is made for woman, and woman for man. I never decided. I didn't choose my gender, and as I was born a woman, I was made to be paired with a man. God decided when he created mankind, and created a WIFE for Adam, not a husband. There have been two genders since day one, and those two genders have been made for each other, since day one. Every man's body is built the same way, and every woman's body is built the same way. I find no reason to believe there are people out there with different unique bodies that are made to be with the same thing. We all CHOOSE who we want to be intimate with. We all CHOOSE who we share ourselves with. Its not something you're born with. Any human being can make these conscious choices.

Try getting a USB camera cord and plug it into another camera cord. It isn't going to work. It needs to be plugged into the camera, not into another cord.

I know, I know...me and my examples. :rolleyes::o:o

Kalei
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Actually, there are quite a number of studies on this subject.

But you honestly believe you can wake up one morning and decide you are sexually attracted to the opposite sex and wake up the following morning and decide that day you are sexually attracted to people of the same sex?

You say "everyone knows what you mean" I haven't a clue....I could no more change to which sex I am attracted than I could change the color of my eyes.

I'm sorry I didn't mean that as in me or alot of people. I am like you too I could never just change to liking the same sex, I'm completely straight, I was just trying to use an example and I guess I"m just finding it really hard to explain lol sorry I'm probably confusing people. I guess what I mean is that people change their minds all the time. And some people may want to 'try' the same sex just to see if it wouild work out or if they would like it, and some might decide they do, its just like how some people want to 'try' drugs and then once they try it they know if they like it or not.

Anyways I agree with the below replys, I also believe that men and woman are suppose to be together, but that doesn't mean I think gays are wrong, I think people have the right to choose what they want and I respect them for that. Anyways I"m going to be quiet now lol I don't know how else to explain myself.:) sorry if I confused people.

joycenalex
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
We all CHOOSE who we want to be intimate with. We all CHOOSE who we share ourselves with. Its not something you're born with. Any human being can make these conscious choices.Try getting a USB camera cord and plug it into another camera cord. It isn't going to work. It needs to be plugged into the camera, not into another cord.

popcornbird, your example made me smile, but hearts do not come with plug in outlets. your husband is the right one for you, you are the right one for him, the two of you are happy together. why are you spending time in caring that diane is the right one for simone, or rasheed is the right one for michael. to learn to be consciously aware of your heart is very hard and requires great insight and work. for some the conscious choice is easy, - for others it's not.
i am not judging nor sounding harsh in my head as i type this, please don't read it that way.

joycenalex
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]Faith Hill, ...so if listening to faith hill has released your inner lesbian, does this mean tim mc graw is a (wo)man in 'sensible shoes' and a really big hat? :eek: ;)

cmayer31
02-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't know what the answer is to the sexual orientation question; whether it is genetic, a choice, or a mix of the two. :rolleyes: However, I will throw my own first hand observations out there. One of my good friends was a lesbian from high school through parts of college. She had a few girlfriends and that was what she was attracted to. I dated her best friend, so we hung out a lot. She broke up with her long time girlfriend and did not have a relationship for a few months. Her next relationship was with my best guy friend and they dated for years. To this day she is still straight and dating guys, she no longer has an interest in relations with another female.

Either way she's still a friend and I honestly think she chose to no longer be a lesbian. It really was her choice.

Also, living in Southern California and growing up near Hollywood it seemed that people were changing partners left and right, male or female. However, we all know that area is not the most normal of places. ;)

caseysmom
02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Try getting a USB camera cord and plug it into another camera cord. It isn't going to work. It needs to be plugged into the camera, not into another cord.

I am glad I wasn't drinking coffee ...pcb this cracked me up. We would not have heard this from you before your marriage...now you are a married woman your examples are a bit more risque...hehe...

IttyBittyKitty
02-02-2007, 04:10 AM
I don't know what the answer is to the sexual orientation question; whether it is genetic, a choice, or a mix of the two. :rolleyes: However, I will throw my own first hand observations out there. One of my good friends was a lesbian from high school through parts of college.

Some "straight" people do experiment with the "other" side, either for short or long periods, and go back to heterosexuality. Others continue with their interest in both genders, and are "bisexual."

I believe that for some people, yes, they can choose their sexuality, whereas with others they cannot. Yes, some of you out there believe, for religious reasons, that they are just choosing to be immoral. OK, picture this. Say the rules flipped around all of a sudden, and "heterosexuality" was suddenly immoral and considered "un-natural." Could you *all* honestly say that you could then happily engage in a homosexual relationship? Be genuinely sexually attracted to a member of your sex? Love them? Want to raise a family with them?

You don't have to answer, but I think that this strongly highlights the fact that the homosexuality issue is a very complex one. Spare a thought for those who consider themselves, "gay," and always have ... because THEIR childhoods/adolescence is not much fun at all.

Tam :)

RICHARD
02-02-2007, 04:30 AM
;)
[QUOTE=RICHARD]Faith Hill, ...so if listening to faith hill has released your inner lesbian, does this mean tim mc graw is a (wo)man in 'sensible shoes' and a really big hat? :eek: ;)

Sensible cowboy boots..... ;)