PDA

View Full Version : Interview at Petsmart Tomorrow *edit* I got the job!

sirrahved
01-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm interviewing for a cashier position at Petsmart tomorrow. Any tips? Anyone work there before? I'm feeling nervous and have no idea why. Help:)

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Don't be nervous! I was a cashier at Wal-Mart. It's confusing at first, but SOO easy once you get going! HAVE FUN! :D

cassiesmom
01-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh, good luck, I hope you get it! The people who work at "my" petsmart are wonderful!

Aspen and Misty
01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I work at Petsmart and LOVE IT!

Petsmart has a Dress code, so I would suggest wearing Bblack or brown pants, preferably not Jeans. Also wear black or brown shoes. Just keep talking about how much you love pets and you are guarenteed a job!! :D There interviews are VERY easy and everyone is REALLY nice.

Ashley

sirrahved
01-31-2007, 08:05 AM
I was planning on khakis for the interview... is this alright?

Also, I think remembering in the app process that they don't allow facial piercings, so I'm taking out the nose stud before I go.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

elizabethann
01-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Any word yet?

I've always noticed that the cashier's at PetSmart are super friendly and smile alot. So perhaps you should smile alot and charm them?

Good luck.

lvpets2002
01-31-2007, 10:03 AM
:) Didn't Donna {mooshoo mom} & Kim [catnapper] work at PetsMart?? I think you will enjoy the job.. **Congrats & hope you get the Job** Lets us know..

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Try to be as calm as possible! That is a very important attitude for a cashier :) .

sirrahved
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
The interview is right after volunteering. With any luck, I won't have much time to get nervous.

I'm good at smiling and pretending I am not nervous:)

BC_MoM
01-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Make sure to be smiley and friendly! Those are the kind of people employers like to hire for cashiers. But don't worry - once you start working, just be yourself..

I speak from experience at Wal-Mart.. after a while, no matter what you do.. you just can't smile anymore. LOL

sirrahbed
01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Bet you will come home with the job. I think you will be great at cashiering - and the fact that you are a hopeless animal lover is hard to miss :) I really like the atmosphere at our Petsmart and the employees seem genuinely happy and friendly.

Rachel
01-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I was a cashier a lifetime ago and I loved it. The first day was difficult, and I thought I'd never figure out the register, but the next day was a piece of cake.

What I like about the cashiers at PetsMart is that they always ask about my animals. I realize they are probably trained to do that, but they really seem genuinely interested.

I'd be willing to bet you will not only get the job but also enjoy it tremendously.

critter crazy
01-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Good Luck!!!!:)

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
How'd it go???

sirrahved
01-31-2007, 04:08 PM
I start Monday! I'm so excited. I've never had an interview where I've left knowing I got a job.

I'm thanking God right now so much that I didn't have to fill out a dozen applications and sit by the phone for weeks. I filled out this application Monday afternoon! It was my first application this time around, too:)

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I'll let you know Monday how everything goes.

critter crazy
01-31-2007, 04:10 PM
I start Monday! I'm so excited. I've never had an interview where I've left knowing I got a job.

I'm thanking God right now so much that I didn't have to fill out a dozen applications and sit by the phone for weeks. I filled out this application Monday afternoon! It was my first application this time around, too:)

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I'll let you know Monday how everything goes.

Congratulations!!!!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/5.gif

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 04:11 PM
OH THAT IS JUST WONDERFUL!! What a great job to be around pet people all day.. I would love it!

DrKym
01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
YAY congratulations! and who knows if you love the job and they promote from within.....You could be in that persons chair soon giving a job to another lucky person! WTG! :D

BC_MoM
01-31-2007, 07:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you'd get it! :D:D

prechrswife
01-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Congratulations!!! :D

manda_moo87
01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Congrats! What a great place to work. Wish I could work there. :D

sirrahbed
01-31-2007, 09:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/groupwave.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/groupwave.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/groupwave.gif

Aspen and Misty
01-31-2007, 10:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the Petsmart team!!!

If you always follow "D.O.G" and do the unleashed behaviors you will be great!! And I'm telling ya, your gonna LOVE IT. Petsmart is a wonderful company to work for.

CONGRATULATIONS again!!!

Ashley

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Congrats!

I've been debating on applying for a part time job as a second job at Petsmart.