PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Gray Wolves!!!*off the endagered species list*

KittyGurl
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey everybody!
Great news! Gray Wolves are off the endangered species list. :D Their population has grown. About 5,000 living in the wild now! The beautiful creatures will remain on Earth. Bad thing is the federal government is going to stop prtecting them so they can get hunted :(
Let me say one thing:
Gray Wolves are beautiful creatures. They will never hurt anybody unless you hurt them. They may have a bad reputation but does that matter? NO! Protect the creatures of this Earth and STOP HUNTING!

~CONGRATS GRAY WOLVES~
*off the endangered species list*

borzoimom
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM
I saw that!! ISNT IT WONDERFUL!

dab_20
01-30-2007, 05:04 PM
That's great news! Although I'm happy their population has grown, like you mentioned they will be able to be hunted. :( They are such beautiful creatures and should not be killed in such high numbers as happened before when they were put on the list.

wolflady
01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
I have mixed feelings about this news, because it will basically be a free-for-all for hunters...and then we'll be back to where we started after the hunters kill them all again :(
Wolves are definitely very misunderstood, and I find it strange how there's more animosity surrounding wolves than there is for bears, mountain lions, and other predators. There is not a single documented case in American history of a healthy wolf attacking a human being...whereas there have been attacks on humans by bears, tigers, mountain lions and even elephants...interesting, huh?

I'm glad that the wolves are making a comeback. I just hope it continues. :(

cyber-sibes
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
There is not a single documented case in American history of a healthy wolf attacking a human being...whereas there have been attacks on humans by bears, tigers, mountain lions and even elephants...interesting, huh?(I think the problem for the wolves isn't that they attack people, but that they attack livestock. It's the economic loss to ranchers that gets the wolves in trouble. I was also very happy & somewhat surprised to hear about this. Yeah for the wolves! Lets keep paws crossed this doesn't mean "open season" on wolves now.

Argranade
01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
YAY! :D

Altho to me for some reason 5,000 does not seem like enough.

Twisterdog
01-30-2007, 11:14 PM
This is THE debate in Wyoming, where I live, right now. Nothing will start a debate, an argument, a screaming match or a fistfight faster than the word "wolf" in this state right now. I'm so sick and tired of the whole thing. And, of course, in almost every situation where animals and humans butt heads ... the animals are the losers, any way you look at it. :mad: :(

#1Wolflover
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Yay, though this might be what you call a bitter sweet moment. The wolves are no longer endangered so they can be hunted now :( . But they didn't come this far to give up now!!!!! :D

elizabethann
04-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Rumor has it some wolves were spotted in Northern NH. I would LOVE to see one!!!

cmayer31
04-06-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm so split on this issue. I think wolves are one of the most amazing animals and I am glad to see that they have managed to survive through all the dificulties presented to them and other predators in North America. However, I was talking with one of my friends that hunts and was amazed then quickly terrified to hear that he is glad that they are off the list; now hunters can get them.

Elf Shadow
04-10-2007, 12:28 AM
thats good news.wolves are one of my fave animals.but just because they are off the endangered list doesnt mean that they arent still a protected species,does it?