PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, Baby Mack!!!! Snip, Snip, Snip!!!

Logan
01-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Baby Mack will have his "big boy" surgery, tomorrow!!! :rolleyes: He is now 10 months old. I had hoped to wait until he was a full year old, but it is time. My Golden girls know how to handle him, but he has made it impossible for us to foster for the rescue anymore because he is so aggressive. I don't expect a miracle, but with training and also this neutering, hopefully we can foster again in the near future.
If you don't mind, say a little prayer for the smooshie faced boy and for Dr. Robinson, tomorrow. It might not hurt to add a little good thought for me and for Mack's Daddy, too! Until we can get him home, tomorrow night, we will worry!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/IMG_1598.jpg?t=1170186320

Logan

borzoimom
01-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Prayers on the way for sure but I am sure he will be fine!

critter crazy
01-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Prayers for Mack!!! Mack you are such a squishy faced handsome man! Be good, and you will be fine!

Ginger's Mom
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Of course you will worry, all parents do, but he will be fine. :) What a cute picture. :)

Oh, and I forgot to say, we will definitely be sending out good thoughts.

Husky_mom
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
poor baby Mack........but sending big good vibes his way for everything to go smoothly adn nice.......

he shall leave a piece of him in the past to become a better boy in the future LOL (sorry :P)

Cinder & Smoke
01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
HI God ~

Got a spare minnitt tumorrow?

Kan you drop down an Help Doc Robinson?
He's *snippin* lil Mack an Miz Logan's a bit wurried.

Thanks, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

----------------------------------------

Wurrie Not, Miz Logan ...

Da Big Guy will *lookin in* on Mack!

ramanth
01-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Good luck Mack! I'll say a prayer for you and your manly bits. :)

pitc9
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
I'd love to plant a smooch right on that smooshy face and wish him a speedy recovery!

gemini9961
01-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Prayers for Mack. :)

wolf_Q
01-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I hope everything goes well for Mack, I'm sure he'll be fine. Don't worry Mack, you'll never miss 'em. ;)

Karen
01-30-2007, 03:12 PM
As we say around my clan, "Poor Mac doesn't know he's broken, but tomorrow he's getting fixed!" Good luck, smushy-faced boy!

cyber-sibes
01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
*Smack!* There, planted one right on your smooshy-faced head! will send you good vibes. Don't worry, Mack will be fine. The hardest part is keeping them quiet for a couple days to heal!

Cincy'sMom
01-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Good Luck tomorrow Mack! We'll be thinking about you!

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Good luck, Mack!! :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers Baby Mack!! We're hoping the big boy surgery goes well and you can be home soon,as good as new. We'll be thinking of Mom and the rest of the family too :)

shais_mom
01-30-2007, 11:08 PM
thoughts and prayers on the way! :)

Edwina's Secretary
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Ah Mack....the only thing that will be hurting is your pride..... :D :rolleyes:

K9karen
01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Prayers, of course, that Mr Smooshface will go thru his snip with flying colors! He's in good hands with Doc R. Tell Scott that it won't make Mackadoodle any less of a man! :D

lute
01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Good Luck Mack! :D I just love his ears!

4 Dog Mother
01-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Thinking about and praying for Mack today!

Daisy and Delilah
01-31-2007, 08:25 AM
{{{{{{MACK and FAMILY}}}}}}

finn's mom
01-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Aw, handsome boy, good luck today.

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Thinking of you today, Mack!

Moo is worried, too, he goes in March!

elizabethann
01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Did he go through surgery yet? How is Mack doing?

lizbud
01-31-2007, 11:32 AM
We are thinking about you too Mack. Best of luck fella.

Jadapit
01-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Good luck today Mack! Your in my thoughts.

Logan
01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm waiting to hear how he is doing. The surgery was to be sometime between 12 and 3, depending on which order he took them in. They are so good to me, there, and I know they will call as soon as they are finished.

Keep those good thoughts, you guys! Thanks so much! I'll update as soon as I know what is happening!

Logan

Pam
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
I thought there might be a thread about Mack! ;) We are thinking about you Mack and wishing you well. Ripley says "Mack, don't worry you won't bark in soprano afterward." :o

anna_66
01-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Ripley says "Mack, don't worry you won't bark in soprano afterward." :o
Bon seconds that! He says his bark is just as many as it ever was:D

Hope to hear that all went well with the big snip! Big hugs and kisses to your special guy!

Logan
01-31-2007, 07:42 PM
The little fellow did just fine today. He is very groggy and is snoozing in his new bed, in the bathroom, with the door gated. I couldn't get him to settle down while he was in the kitchen with me, so I put him in "his" bathroom in the hall. I covered his little bed with a blanket because he got a little sick to his stomach on the way home. :( Poor little fellow. I imagine he will be feeling much better tomorrow!!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers! :)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/IMG_1635.jpg?t=1170293913

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Wow, he sure has grown to be a handsome little man.

Glad it went well - certainly he'll be back to himself tomorrow. Sorry about the upset tummy! :( Give him a gentle hug from me. :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Awwwww!!! Sleep well little prince. Glad to hear it's over and you're resting now, sweetie. Wishing for a speedy recovery :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Smokey Sez:

WHAT!?

No Cone ... No No-Byte Collar ... NUFFIN!??

You're missin half da experience, Mack!
Give the ole Privates (err ... private) a kupple good *licks* to see some *excitement*!

Be sure to **Moan** a lil bit - good fur attractin attenshun an treets!

;)
/s/ SmokeMutt

Karen
01-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Awww, so snuggly he looks! Sleep well, big boy!

shais_mom
01-31-2007, 08:58 PM
what a CUTIE patootie!
sleep well Big Boy!

critter crazy
01-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Awww....Mack You are just a little cutie!!! get some sleepies, and you will feel better in no time!!:)

Logan
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
The little boy threw up again, but he had gotten a little water. I think we will keep him away from all water for the rest of the night. He has gone to bed, but is still a little "drunk". I want him to feel better because tomorrow he should see his first snow!!! :)

BC_MoM
01-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Feel better in the mornin', Mack! (((Hugs)))

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Mack, I'm telling you right now, get better! Snow is NOT something you want to miss.

Hehe, I'm sure you Northerners could disagree, though!

K9karen
01-31-2007, 10:50 PM
What a precious picture! Aw, poor pumpkin. Get a good night's sleep sweetie and enjoy the snow tomorrow!!!! Pictures, Logan!!!

Logan
01-31-2007, 10:59 PM
I hear snoring, so that is a good sign. I don't want to go to sleep, though......just in case. I'm yawning a lot, though, so perhaps I will head that way, shortly. We are supposed to start getting bad weather around 4 am. Surely school will be cancelled, but they don't dare announce it before early tomorrow morning, even if the adjoining counties announced two hour delays, tonight.

Thank you all for your good thoughts.

Phred, Smokey must have been a real sap when he went through his big boy surgery! LOL!!!!! Dr. Robinson didn't even send home an antibiotic or any pain medication for Mack! Mack couldn't reach his "privates", or the area where they used to be, if he tried. He is too thick! He'll go back in 14 days to have his stiches removed. We have their cell phone numbers, just in case anything goes wrong.

Cinder & Smoke
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I hear snoring, so that is a good sign.

Phred, Smokey must have been a real sap when he went through his big boy surgery! LOL!!!!!

Mack couldn't reach his "privates", or the area where they used to be, if he tried.
He is too thick!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
<snikker>
Dunno how SmokeMutts "earned" his No-Byte Collar after the Big Snip -
not sure if the Vet or an Angels for Animals Volunteer determined the "need" ...
but he had his straight jacket rigid collar all fitted up when Cinder and I went to
pick him up. He could hardly bend his neck ... and couldn't come within a mile
of reaching his "rear end" area.
But, within an hour of getting home, I'd taken his rigid collar off 'cause I felt sorry for him ...
and he'd doubled over and started *lickin* his new Zipper! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

Never did get that No-Byte Collar back on tight enough - but it did keep him from
quite being able to reach his Zipper. After 2 - 3 days, Smokey pretty much
ignored the Zipper area - we quit using the collar at all before the week was up.

He *RAN* a lil "phunnie" for about a week or more -
kinda a stiff-legged *HOP* with the rear end - and a lotta "toe-action" ...
but it never really slowed him down very much!

Hop lil Mack *bounces* back tomorrow.
Wonder what COLD Snow feels like on a "fresh" Zipper? http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

Pam
02-01-2007, 05:59 AM
I'm glad to hear that Mack finally dozed off to sleep and you decided to hit the hay too. No doubt the residual anesthesia wreaked a little havoc on his tummy. I hope he is much better today. Ripley was his crazy little self by the next day and I only saw him lick his zipper once or twice but was able to divert his attention away easily. I hope Mack will be that easy. Do I dare ask if we could see a picture of *Mr. Mack* (yes, make sure he knows he is still a Mister :p ) exploring snow today if it comes? :)

ramanth
02-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Awww sweet little Mack. I hope your tummy feels better soon so you can enjoy the snow.

Did you get snow Logan?

Rachel
02-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh, Mack, Mom must love you bunches to make you such a comfy (and quite lovely) nest in your bed. I dare say that no dog in our house would be upchucking on anything more than something a bit ratty looking, not the pretty plaid that you are resting on.

Mack will never be a girly boy, parts or no parts. {What a man, what a man, what a man!} Oops, my singing is not going to make anyone feel better.

Now rest up good so you can play in the snow a bit soon. Your city made the news this morning as having the Worst Weather in the Country, so to all your family....stay safe!

anna_66
02-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Oh so glad to hear the big boy is home and had finally drifted off into slumber land:)

I just talked to my mom a bit ago and she said they are getting some major snow and now freezing rain :eek: (yes we talked long enough for it to change!) Hope your only getting the nice white fluffy stuff there. I'm sure Mack will no doubt be interested in it:D

Logan
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks, everyone.

Mack had a good, quiet night and I got him up around 6:30 this morning to go outside and he was ready to eat his breakfast and have a drink of water. You should have seen him when he walked out on that deck, onto the snow. :) That was a first for him!

Our weather is ok. School was cancelled and City Hall was closed, so I didn't go to my office and Scott didn't go to his, either, but both of us have worked from home today. Devin's mom brought him over and they watched a movie and we all ate lunch together. We've had a nice day, even if it is nasty outside. It was not nearly as bad as they were predicting last night. The worst part will be the slippery roads in the morning when it refreezes.

Thanks again for caring about Mack!

Logan

lizbud
02-01-2007, 04:54 PM
It's so good to hear that everyone had a good night's sleep.Wish I could
have see Mack's face at seeing snow for the first time. :D Keep feeling
better Mack. I loved the picture of him snoozing in his bed. :)

Kfamr
02-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Glad Mack had a nice night.

I think you sent your icky weather down here!

captain
02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
OMGoodness - what a comfy bed darlin!!!

Glad he is home and comfy.
{gentle hugs}

*LabLoverKEB*
02-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Aghhh! So sorry I didn't see this sooner Logan! Prayers for a speedy recovery!