PDA

View Full Version : New Photos of my Crawfish

Husky15
01-30-2007, 11:03 AM
It's been a while since I posted pictures of Zoidy, so I took a few pictures when I had her out the other day. :) Here they be:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6522/zoidy001ay1.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8316/zoidy002qe9.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/396/zoidy003kv1.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6293/zoidy004dz2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! :)
She grew a little bit bigger, but is still a good three inches.

critter crazy
01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Very cool!! I had one for quite some time, before he passed. Zoidy looks good!!

Kalei
01-30-2007, 11:47 AM
I will always think he looks like a lobster lol. A baby lobster.

Husky15
01-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. :D

And yeah, I usually call them a mini/three-inch lobster for those who don't know what they are.

Suki Wingy
01-30-2007, 02:20 PM
cute! Every time I see one I automatically see the giant one at the field museum! It's like 1o feet tall. :p

Chilli
01-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Adorable! =]
I love that little gal.

I've been playing with the idea of owning a crayfish. And just wondering, what do you feed yours? I know their scavengers and all, but I'm still curious. :D

Zippy
01-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Zoidy is a little cutie. :)

Blue_Frog
01-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Aww.. hes so cute!

Is he named after Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama?

:D

Husky15
01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
cute! Every time I see one I automatically see the giant one at the field museum! It's like 1o feet tall. :p
Thanks! And wow. :eek: That's big crawfish, LOL!

Adorable! =]
I love that little gal.

I've been playing with the idea of owning a crayfish. And just wondering, what do you feed yours? I know their scavengers and all, but I'm still curious. :D
Aww thanks! She really appreciates it!

Oh, a crayfish makes a pretty good pet. Not the kind that you would sit there petting day by day, of course, but you can take them out and pet them sometimes if you wish. And if you love taking care of fish then a crayfish wouldn't be very hard at all. Zoidy's regular diet is sinking tablets you can get at stores for sucker fish and such. But a crayfish can also eat things such as,

Omnivorous-fish, shrimp, meat, vegetables (frozen peas, boiled zucchini, carrots, etc.), sinking pellets, table scraps. Don't feed too much fat. Adults do not need a lot of protein, and should be fed primarily vegetables.

I've also heard of people crushing leaves and feeding them to their crayfish. But I'd look more into that before doing it because it will probably require cleaning the leaves and stuff.

I'd say check out some crayfish websites as well. That's what I did and I found out some pretty interesting stuff. :)

Zoidy is a little cutie. :)
Thanks! :D We both appreciate it.

Aww.. hes so cute!

Is he named after Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama?

:D
Thanks!

And yes, she is. I love Futurama, and I love Dr. Zoidberg, so I thought I'd name her after him even though she is a girl. :o I find it hilarious how on the show Zoidberg thinks Bender is his best friend, but Bender don't care about him at all. And also how he always gets blamed for everything. XD

Argranade
01-30-2007, 07:24 PM
AwwwWWWwww!! s/he's so cute!

I love lobster crab looking things lol, I always feel sorry for the one's at the stores, you know the one's that are still alive and loving, everytime I pass the tank of those things I feel like buying them all then setting them free LOL.

cocker_luva
01-31-2007, 12:05 AM
shes adorable!

Beki
01-31-2007, 08:09 AM
I soo have to agree with her! lol looks like a mini lobster! how can you tell with a guy or a girl, same as you can tell with a real lobster?
I will always think he looks like a lobster lol. A baby lobster.

Husky15
01-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Argranade - LOL! Thanks! And I feel the same sometimes as well. But I also sometimes feel like taking them all home with me. :D

cocker_luva - Thanks! :D

Beki - LOL! Well, when the guy at the pet store asked me if I wanted a male or female, I thought he went crazy, but I looked online how to tell the gender apart, and there is what they call a gonopore by the 5th pair of walking legs on a male, but on the female, the gonopore is by the 3rd pair. That's just what I learnt, and I'm sure you can find some pictures online as well.

sweetpatata6
02-05-2007, 05:14 PM
My friend once had a crawfish we found in the creek after the hurricanes... We hut him in her pond and he ate ALL of the fish... We decided to relese him back into the creek. He can eat all of the fish there lol.

ramanth
02-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I like to pinch. :D Zoidy is very cute. :)

TamanduaGirl
02-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Cute i had toyed with the idea of one once but never went through with it.