PDA

View Full Version : Fenway's In the Hospital - Please Say A Prayer For Him Please - Update on Page 4

elizabethann
01-30-2007, 09:22 AM
I brought Fenway to the animal hospital this morning.

He started having diarrhea on Sunday morning. He ate on Sunday but Sunday night he had the worse gas I've ever smelled. Then I woke up on Monday morning & he had pooped diarrhea in the kitchen. I was going to take him to DDC on Monday but he clearly didn't want to go. When I came home Monday night, he had diarrhea in the kitchen again. He wouldn't eat any of his supper or drink any water. He threw up too. This morning he threw up again (allot). So I called his vet and I brought him in. They are going to do x-ray's, blood work, urinalysis, fecal exam and give him intravenous fluids because he dehydrated.

I have to call the vet at 4pm today to see how he is doing. They are open till 7pm so I can go & see him and I have his blankie in the car so I can bring that to him.

I'm really worried about him. I have a feeling he either ate a piece of his toy & it's stuck in his intestines or he ate something at Bear Brook State Park or Lake Massabesic this weekend. I saw him eat something at one point but by the time I told him to drop it, he had swallowed it. So I don't know what it was.

Please send good thoughts Fenway's way and if you can, please say a prayer for him. Thank you.

Daisy and Delilah
01-30-2007, 09:24 AM
OH NO!!!! Not Fenway!! We'll be praying for that little fella around the clock, Mom. GET WELL FENWAY!!!!!! :( :( :(

critter crazy
01-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Awww...Poor fenway!! I sure hope you get better!! Big hugs coming your way!!
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

Killearn Kitties
01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Please get well soon, Fenway! We will all be pulling for you, sweetie.

Cinder & Smoke
01-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi God ~

Hope you're lookin in on lil Fenway at the White Coat's Place ...

Poor Kid gotz a uppie-set tummy. :(
Kan You help out wiff lab tests and his treatment?

And pleeze send a {{{God'sHug}}} to Miz ElizabethAnn.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

PJ's Mom
01-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Poor little Fenway. :(

Peej and Bailey have their paws crossed that he's fine and will get to come home with you very soon. :)

Ginger's Mom
01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
OH No, poor Fenway. I am sure he is being a very brave boy at the doctor's. Prayers and good thoughts going out for our special boy. {{{Hugs}}}

borzoimom
01-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Awww...Poor fenway!! I sure hope you get better!! Big hugs coming your way!!
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif
Ohhh Fenway!!! In prayers for sure!

elizabethann
01-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Thank you for your well wishes. It is much appreciated and I've gotten choked up reading them all (especially Cinder & Smoke's). I shouldn't read these at work.

Thanks again...and Fenway thanks you too.

lvpets2002
01-30-2007, 10:06 AM
:( Oh no so sad to hear about your illness Fenway.. Prayers sent here for your speedy recovery..

Jadapit
01-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Poor little guy! :( I hope he feels better soon. Your both in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

k9krazee
01-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh no! Fenway will definitely be in our thoughts!!

(((hugs)))

jazzcat
01-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh poor Fenway. Prayers on the way.

Queen of Poop
01-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Prayers on the way for Fenway.

Sami, if you're not too busy at the Bridge today, would you mind keeping one eye on little Fenway and making sure he's ok.

ramanth
01-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Many prayers that it's not serious.

lizbud
01-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Poor little guy. :( I'm so sorry he's not feeling good & hope the Vet can
the the cause and fix him up ASAP. You both are in my prayers.

pitc9
01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
PT Prayers to the rescue!!!

Poor little guy! :(
Prayers are on the way to the little man!
Keep us posted!

wolf_Q
01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please get feeling better soon Fenway! :( Nebo's been at the vet a few times for diarrhea/vomiting and they've never found anything wrong with him, hope its the same for Fenway.

gemini9961
01-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Fenway,

My love, my Mom said you were not feeling so well. I wish you all the best and pray for a speedy recovery. I will think of you often.

Kisses and tail wags,
Maggie

Prayers for Fenway from all of us - Amber, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Husky15
01-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Prayers are being sent your way from Belle and I. We sure hope that Fenway gets better soon. :(

wolflady
01-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh no! I hope he's ok! Please keep us posted, and prayers on the way from me too.

**hugs**

caseysmom
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Prayers are on the way...get better soon Fenway.

Anita Cholaine
01-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh, poor boy! :(
Fenway, we will be think of you, ok? We really hope it's nothing serious and you can go back home soon.

((((HUGS))))

Anita and Natali

fritz03
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Sorry to hear about Fenway.i hope it is nothing too serious.Fritz and I are thinking about you. :)

M&M's Mommy
01-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Dear Fenway,

We hope you feel better. Our mommy, daddy and us will pray for your speedy recovery. We'll keep our paws crossed until we hear good news from you!

Hugs & kisses,
Mocha, Missy, & Muffin

PS: Fenway, do you know that it's so hard to type with crossed-paws :)

CathyBogart
01-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Dear Fenway, please feel better soon! We'll all miss your smiling face until then!

momtomany
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Prayers on the way up for Fenway. Hope he gets well soon.

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Oh no. :( Prayers and good thoughts for Fenway that it is nothing serious!!

DrKym
01-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Big Hugs for one of my fave little guys! Rusty and Sequoia ask you to tell him not to swallow stuffs, cause they know how icky it is being away from Mom when they do that!

Goofy sends her Kong over to keep him company!(which is amazing cause she never shares!) :eek:

cassiesmom
01-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Dear God, Please help Fenway to feel better, please give comfort to his worried mom, and please bless the people taking care of Fenway today. Thank you. amen.

Feel Much Better, Fenway!!

Logan
01-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I will definitely keep Fenway in my prayers. We have dealt with nausea and diarrhea so much in the past year, for a multitude of reasons, with all of our dogs. It worries one to death! It might be something really simple and that is what I'm going to pray for!!!!!!!

Logan

elizabethann
01-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I just called Fenway's vet. His x-rays came back negative and he has not vomited today. They have him on IV fluids & on some medication. His blood work has not come back yet.

I asked the vet if I could come & visit him but he discouraged it. He said Fenway is resting right now and if I visit him, he'll get all excited and I'll get all upset and then when I leave, Fenway will get all upset. So I will go to the vets and drop off his blankie. It will be very hard for me not to see him but I really don't want to upset him & I know if I see him, I'll start to bawl my eyes out.

The Vet said to call him back at 9:30am/10:00am tomorrow morning.

It's going to be a very long night. I don't know how I'll get to sleep. This is the first time Fenway's been away from me at night (except for when I go on vacation & he stays with my sister).

My sister said I should ask the vet about doing an ultrasound. I will ask him about it tomorrow when I call him. I will wait for the blood tests to arrive. I didn't think it would take this long for the blood tests.

Thanks for everybody's kind words. They made me cry.

borzoimom
01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Well I am glad the x rays showed nothing in the way of a blockage- keep us posted.. Not all matter will show up in a x ray like a sock or something- but problems in the organs will.
Meanwhile- its hard but best to let him just rest. I am sure is he is good hands..

gemini9961
01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm glad he has not vomited today, that has to be a good sign. Prayers continue for Fenway.

Fenway,

I am still thinking of you.

Love,
Maggie

chocolatepuppy
01-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh no, prayers on the way for Fenway.

Queen of Poop
01-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Continued prayers for Fenway. Be patient, the blood work does take a bit of time, so I found out last week waiting for Sasha's. Don't worry about Fenway being all by himself tonight. I know my RB dog Sami will be with him and I am sure many others will be too, to keep him company and encourage his recovery. Hugs to you to help you get to sleep tonight. Look at it this way, the sooner you sleep the sooner you will wake up and have the blood results with some answers and solutions.

cyber-sibes
01-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Prayers & all paws crossed Mr. Fenway keeps improving & gets an all-clear from the vet. maybe you can take one of his stuffies to bed tonight for something soft to hug!

dab_20
01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Get well vibes headed your way, I'm sorry to hear Fenway is ill. He will be in my thoughts that the vet finds nothing serious and that he can come home soon.

luvofallhorses
01-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I am so sorry. :( I will pray that he will be okay and it's nothing serious.
(((hugs to you both!!))) I will be thinking of you both. please keep us updated.

wvmutts
01-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Poor little guy. :( I hope he will be ok.

Freedom
01-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Dear Fenway -

Mom is very worried about you. So you have to rest and let your tummy recuperate. That way you can be home together with mom very soon.

Sugar

Best wishes to a speedy recovery, Fen!

Sandra

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Just rest assured that Fenway is in good hands, and that he is in the best place he could be if anything goes wrong. :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Just checking in on Fenway. It sounds like he's holding his own. We will continue to pray for our little friend and keep him and Mom in our thoughts all night and into the morning. {{{{{{FENWAY & MOM}}}}}}

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

buttercup132
01-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Get better soon Fenway your mommy misses you.

Aspen and Misty
01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
I am so sorry to hear Fenway is not feeling well. I really hope that your little guy is back on his feet in no time! Poor baby. Please give him a kis and a hug from me when you see him. I can only imagine how worried you must be.

::HUGS::

Ashley

kallisto4529
01-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I am so sorry to hear Fenway is not feeling well, i will say lots of prayers and lots of positive thoughts that everything comes out ok. I know its so hard to leave them and not be able to stay the night with them, but he is in excellent care, and all of our RB babies are keeping watch over him.

BOBS DAD
01-30-2007, 10:28 PM
we'll be waiting to hear of his progress tomorrow. best of wishes for fenway!!!

K9karen
01-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Anxious to hear about Fenway. Hope you're feeling better little sweetie. Lots of prayers on the way

Vette
01-31-2007, 04:30 AM
Oh poor little dude,, got all fingers an paws crossed for em

Pawsitive Thinking
01-31-2007, 04:39 AM
How is the little fella today?

vinjashira
01-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Get better soon, Fenway!

pitc9
01-31-2007, 07:22 AM
Thinking of you and the little man!
I spent my first night with out Buddy this past summer when he spend a night in the hospital on an IV. I thought I was going to loose my mind! I know just how you feel... waiting... not knowing... it's the pits.
But he's in good hands and he has the power of PT prayer in his corner!!
{{hugs}} to you!

4 Dog Mother
01-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Praying and thinking about you and Fenway. Can't wait for an update!

ramanth
01-31-2007, 08:04 AM
Yep, certain blood tests can take awhile. We had some blood panels sent to Texas and had to wait a little over a week for results.

I like the idea of an ultrasound. Chipper had both done.

*HUGS* for Fenway.

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 08:11 AM
Any updates??

ChrisH
01-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Poor little feller. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Ginger's Mom
01-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Oh pooh, I was hoping for an update. Have to go, but will check back in tonight if I can. Still keeping our paws and fingers crossed for Fenway's quick recovery.

Daisy and Delilah
01-31-2007, 08:24 AM
{{{{{{FENWAY and MOM}}}}}}

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh poor Fenway and poor you. :( I hope that little handsome boy is feeling better today and easing his momma's worries a bit. Let us know how he's doing...

elizabethann
01-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Thank you all for your support. Reading some of the comments brought tears to my eyes. I've been an emotional wreck for a few days.

It appears Fenway is going to be okay. Last night I brought his blankie to the vet. I didn't go in and see him because I just knew that would get him all excited and then all upset (and I would have bawled my eyes out).

I called today at 8am and asked the receptionist if he was okay. She said his tail was wagging and he was happy this morning.

I called again at 9:30 to speak with the vet. He said he was doing well and that he pee'd last night. He hasn't vomited. His blood results came back (they were shipped to NY) and they were all negative. He said he is still on IV's and he's on an acid blocker (to sooth his little tummy). He thought he could go home tonight and I would give him the acid blockers at home for a few days. However, they are hoping he poops today so they can get a stool sample. He ate a little bit of breakfast so I'm hoping that makes him poop. If he doesn't, I may have to bring in a stool sample.

So right now, he is doing okay. I'm thinking he may have eaten some animal carcass in the woods this past weekend and got sick. I'm so glad it wasn't poison or anything like that.

I will give you all another update later. I have to call the vet at 4pm.

I miss Fenway so much and so doesn't Cosmo & Maxie (his kitty brothers). It was very quiet without him last night (though I did get to do some housekeeping and the apartment is clean...until he gets home). But I'd rather have a dirty apartment than no Fenway.

Thanks again for your kind comments. It's so nice to have a place where you know other people can understand and sympathize with what you're going through.

Vela
01-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry for not posting sooner, I couldn't really bring myself to post to much of anything the last few days, but I am glad to hear he's feeling better and I have kept you all in my prayers every day that he would be okay. Thanks for letting us know. I hope he comes home tonight.

gemini9961
01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Sounds like he is on the mend. We will need Fenway pics when he gets home. :D

Fenway,

I thought of you all last night. My Mom says that you are doing better. Hope to see your handsome face on PT real soon.

Love always,
Maggie

buttercup132
01-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Glad the little man is feeling better.

Jadapit
01-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm so happy to hear that Fenway is on the mend. He was on my mind all last night. I bet he will be so glad to be home with you! :D

borzoimom
01-31-2007, 10:01 AM
That sounds very promising and we will continue to keep everyone in prayers.

Queen of Poop
01-31-2007, 10:06 AM
A bit of good news is always a good way to start the day. Glad Fenway is on the mend. Hugs for you to get you thru this day until you can take your little boy home.

Thanks for keeping an eye on Fenway my dearest Sami.

Daisy and Delilah
01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
So glad to hear the little fella is doing good. I'll bet he just got into something too and he's just having a little temporary thing. More hugs for both of you and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he's home soon and ready for pics ;)

K9soul
01-31-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm so sorry to read you and little Fenway have had to go through this. What a relief to hear that things are looking better. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs))

BC_MoM
01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm so happy to hear a good update for Fenway! Silly boy - no more eating animal carcasses - or whatever you ate!

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 10:33 AM
COME ON FENWAY, POOP!! :p

Glad to know he is doing better. Hopefully he'll be home to you and his kitty brothers in no time!

pitc9
01-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Glad to hear your good news!
Now if the boy would just poop! :D
Funny isn't it... we'll all be waiting for you to post when he poops!
LOL!
We sure are a funny bunch!

ramanth
01-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Glad to hear Fenway is feeling better. :)

beeniesmom
01-31-2007, 01:07 PM
oooh, I just saw this.
I hope your guy gets well soon.

CathyBogart
01-31-2007, 01:26 PM
This made me think of the musical episode of "Scrubs" when they sing the song "It all comes down to poo". :D

I'm so glad to hear Fen's feeling well enough to be his usual cheery self. Poor guy, it must be scary to be in a strange place with strange people, it was so good of you to bring his blankie for him. Poop so you can go home Fenway!

chocolatepuppy
01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm glad Fenway is feeling better. I know you'll be so happy when he's back home with you. Get well soon Fenway! :)

shais_mom
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
I hope he feels better soon and gets to come home!

{{hugs}}

Karen
01-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Here's hoping her next post says "He's home!" Heck, this time of year, any "poop sample" you had to bring in might be nice and frozen solid anyway - neater and less fragrant for transport ...

Pembroke_Corgi
01-31-2007, 06:30 PM
I am just seeing this...I'm glad to hear that Fenway will probably be home soon and that there are no serious problems. I hope he feels much better soon!!

fritz03
02-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Glad to hear you are coming home soon,sounds as if you are feeling much perkier,mommy will like that.Fritz and I(Barry) are thinking of you.

pitc9
02-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Any news on the little guy?

elizabethann
02-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Fenway is home & he sure is happy to be there! I am too!

The doctor gave him some Prescription Diet food called I/D. Fenway likes it. I have to feed him about 4-5 times per day (in little bits). However, because I work, he'll get fed about 3 times per day (in little bits). The vet said he should be on a bland diet for awhile. He wouldn't take his medicine (I think it's called Fradoline or something like that). So I had to roll it in a little piece of cheese to get him to take it.

Last night we played with his toys for about a 1/2 hour and then he zonked out for about 2 hours. Then he woke up & I took him outside to pee & poop (which he did - yippee). Then we went back inside & then he sat there and stared at me (this is his way of saying he wants out). So I took him back out thinking he had to pee & poop again but all he wanted to do was hunt for mice. I said no way Mister Fenway and walked him a little bit and then went home where he went back to bed.

This morning he wouldn't get out of bed. He was a lazy bumm. So I had to make him get out & we went outside where he peed and pooped (yippee). Then he ran back inside because it's too cold out.

When I left to go to work, I could see his little face peering through the living room window.

I will miss him today. But I'm sure when I get home, he'll be filled with a ton of energy.

I have to bring a poop sample to the vets and I have to go & pick up his blankie (I left it at the vets).

The diagnosis is, he may have eaten something bad and that is why he was sick. However, I still have to keep a close eye on him and make sure there is no relapse.

I've decided that Fenway needs a job so he can pay for his food, toys & medical expenses. So if anybody is hiring a 20 pound terrier mutt, I'll send you his resume. :D

Thanks again for everybody's well wishes. I will try to post pictures of him this weekend.

Lori Jordan
02-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Thank God,I am so happy for you!We all know how we feel when are babies are not feeling well,Hugs too you and Fenway!

pitc9
02-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Yiipppeeeee!
The little guy is home!!
I'm glad he's been pooping for you too!
That's great!
When Bud was sick this past summer and was on ID for a while his poo became too hard and I had to ease up on the ID to make it softer.
It was so hard that I think it hurt him to hold it because he pooped in the house. :eek:
So make sure to keep an eye on him.

I'm so happy for you both that he's home again!

elizabethann
02-01-2007, 09:40 AM
When Bud was sick this past summer and was on ID for a while his poo became too hard and I had to ease up on the ID to make it softer.
It was so hard that I think it hurt him to hold it because he pooped in the house. :eek:
So make sure to keep an eye on him.

Oh thanks for the bit of information. I will keep an eye on that. Thank you!

gemini9961
02-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear Fenway is home and feeling better.

DrKym
02-01-2007, 09:44 AM
YAY! Welcome home Fenway! Try not to eat bad things again, your mom gets very worried over you!

I am so glad your guy is back home where he belongs! Keep us updated on his progress!

Daisy and Delilah
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
WELCOME HOME FENWAY!!!! We'll hire you today buddy and we don't need a resume. Stay off your lazy butt and get some rest cutie pie!! ;) You deserve it--so glad you're feeling better. :)

Taz_Zoee
02-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh, I am so glad Fenway is home and doing much better! :D

beeniesmom
02-01-2007, 12:42 PM
YAY! Great news. So glad he's home.

Jadapit
02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
:D I'm so glad Fenway is home.

dukedogsmom
02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm so sorry I missed this. I'm glad to hear Fenway is doing good now. I know you're so glad to have him home. And he must be so happy to be feeling better and home now. Maybe you could ship him down here? He could be a running coach for Doogie. They both weigh the same :eek:

Freedom
02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh Fenway, you gave mom SUCH a scare, you little devil!!! Stay focused on what's in your dish and don't eat anything else.

What a relief!!!

You can put the pill in a glob of peanut butter, sometimes it is easier to get them to take it that way. Just a thought.

Glad to hear he is aok!

kittycats_delight
02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I am so glad Fenway is home. You both must be so happy. :D

elisabethann one thing. You shouldn't give him his meds in cheese cause dairy products take away the effectiveness of the meds. Maybe a little piece of ham or something would be better.

Kfamr
02-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Wooohoo, so glad he is home! Now, don't scare us like that little man. :)

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Glad you're home Fenway! I hope you are all better soon. :)

Alysser
02-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Poor Fenway, I'm so sorry I didn't post earlier.

Fenway, you had Sassy VERY worried but she and I are glad you're getting better.

((hugs)) will keep you BOTH in my thoughts

Kfamr
02-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Joyce & I were wondering how Fenway was doing today. Any updates
? :)

elizabethann
02-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Joyce & I were wondering how Fenway was doing today. Any updates
? :)

Thank you for asking. Fenway is back to his old self. He is still eating I/D. I've stopped giving him his pills and I'll actually discontinue the I/D today or tomorrow.

I brought 2 poop samples to the vets yesterday. They will call me only if they find something. I haven't heard from them yet so I'm hoping that is a good sign.

Right now he is bored out of his mind because it's very cold here. I tried to take him for a walk but he got cold and lifted his little paw and didn't want to walk anymore. So we went home. He is sleeping right now and wakes up every once in awhile because he hears the puppies on t.v. (from the Puppy Bowl). And the fire department just drove by, so he had himself a good howl.
:D

Thanks again for asking. I took 1 picture of him this weekend and will try to post it so you can all see how he is doing. :)