PDA

View Full Version : Firefighters save pit bull from blaze

ramanth
06-24-2002, 03:20 PM
Woohoo! :)

After extinguishing a house fire in northwest Las Vegas, firefighters saved the life of a pit bull found in the smoke-filled house.

Las Vegas Fire Department firefighters were called at 12:27 p.m. to 1705 Neptune Drive, near Vegas Drive and Rainbow Avenue, on a report of a house on fire.

Firefighters arrived to find the rear bedroom of the home on fire and the home's 46-year-old owner suffering from slight smoke inhalation. He was treated at the scene.

As firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze, their colleagues crawled through the house searching for victims and found the 50-pound pit bull lying unresponsive.

Department spokesman Tim Szymanski said firefighters carried the dog outside and successfully revived it.

Szymanski said the dog was walking around and eating and drinking by the time firefighters were leaving.

Investigators determined the fire, which gutted the bedroom and caused $10,000 damage, was accidental.

The American Red Cross assisted three adults displaced by the blaze with temporary housing.

jennifert
06-24-2002, 03:24 PM
WONDERFUL!!

I have to pick up those stickers for the door to let the firefighters know there are dogs in the house. I rent my house and I dont' think the landlord would mind if it burned to the ground!! Come to think of it, I don't even know if the smoke detectors work...I better check that this evening!!!

pupper-lover
06-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Yeah! I'm so happy they saved the pooch and he was okay!:D

You also reminded me that I need to get "in case of fire, save my doggies" stickers to put on my windows and front door, of my new place.

tatsxxx11
06-24-2002, 03:34 PM
Thank you to the hero firefighters for saving the life of this doggie! It's nice to hear a positive story regarding a Pit Bull!:) I have those stickers all over my house!! You never know; they just might save a life!

Former User
06-24-2002, 03:36 PM
Wahey, cheers for the fire fighters! Good job! I'm glad no-one was hurt.:)

sammi
06-24-2002, 03:47 PM
It seems here in the States the fire department is willing to help out our pets!

mugsy
06-24-2002, 05:27 PM
We have stickers up too...can you imagine their faces when they see 15?? lol

I'm glad that they saved the poochiie's life...just another heroic venture on the part of our finest firefighters!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-24-2002, 06:49 PM
What a wonderful story!!!! What brave people to risk their life for the dogs!! :D :D
Where do you get the stickers.... i need some!!!:confused:

CountryWolf07
06-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Great story! :) That made me smile.. - Rachel

youngfemalewolf
06-24-2002, 09:30 PM
3 CHEERS FOR THE FIREFIGHTERS!HIP HIP HURRAY!HIP HIP HURRAY!HIP HIP HURRAY!Ya,where do you get those stickers?

ramanth
06-25-2002, 08:35 AM
I think you can get the stickers either at a Vet's Office or at your local Fire Station.

I have a pet permit sticker in my window. But I think I'll look into getting those Pet stickers for both my bedroom window and the living room window. :)