PDA

View Full Version : Power Surge

fritz03
01-30-2007, 06:18 AM
We have had a power surge up here,across the whole province,I was out shoveling snow at around 6:20 this morning when the street lights went dim and then bright again.Do any of you people here that live in the North-Eastern US experience any power surge?

joycenalex
01-30-2007, 06:22 AM
not that i recall, but the caffine hadn't fully kicked in yet ;)

Blue_Frog
01-30-2007, 08:52 AM
We have had a power surge up here,across the whole province,I was out shoveling snow at around 6:20 this morning when the street lights went dim and then bright again.Do any of you people here that live in the North-Eastern US experience any power surge?

Ahh.... thus the mystery of the microwave blinking 88:88 this morning has been solved!

elizabethann
01-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Nope. Not around here. (At least one that I'm aware of).

Are you sure it wasn't Fritz doing a Bichon Blitz? ;)

kuhio98
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM
It's funny you posted this. I read in this morning's newspaper about a power outage in Juneau, Alaska. Now, I doubt if it had anything to do with your surge.... but I thought it was so strange that I had to share.

Eagle, deer head, electricity: No mix

JUNEAU -- About 10,000 Juneau residents briefly lost power Sunday after a bald eagle lugging a deer head crashed into transmission lines. "You have to live in Alaska to have this kind of outage scenario," said Gayle Wood, an Alaska Electric Light & Power spokeswoman. "This is the story of the overly ambitious eagle who evidently found a deer head in the landfill." The hefty bounty apparently bogged down the eagle, which failed to clear transmission lines as it flew away from the landfill, she said. When a repair crew arrived, they found the eagle carcass with the deer head nearby. This eagle "got ahold of a little bit more than he could handle," Wood said. Power was out less than 45 minutes.

Blue_Frog
01-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Ok, i shouldn't be laughing at a dead eagle, but I can't get the picture out of my head and its' making me giggle.

Do you have a link to the original article? :D

kuhio98
01-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok, i shouldn't be laughing at a dead eagle, but I can't get the picture out of my head and its' making me giggle.

Do you have a link to the original article? :DI know what you mean. I giggled myself. Here's the link: http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/8601275p-8494140c.html

GreyhoundGirl
01-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Ahh.... thus the mystery of the microwave blinking 88:88 this morning has been solved!

ROFL! Haha, our power didn't go out here... maybe I'm too far east...?