PDA

View Full Version : Today's the day!

catnapper
01-30-2007, 05:41 AM
I start my new job today. I am SO NERVOUS! I still have no idea what I'm wearing and have 45 minutes to decide.

Its going to be a long day too..... I have an hour commute to the training place, so I'm leaving at 7:30, then drive an hour back to this area to go straight to work for dog training. I won't be home again til 9:30 tonight. I'll do that schedule three times in the next 4 days. Yikes! :eek:

I haven't had to go to work full time for someone else in over 3 years. This is going to take a bit of transisition time for me. So if I basically disappear for a while, you'll know its because I've collapsed from sheer exhaustion of actually working 40 hours plus another 20 hours as a dog trainer. Hopefully adrenalline will keep me going these first few weeks :D

critter crazy
01-30-2007, 05:55 AM
well good luck on your first day!! you will do fine, and I am sure you will have fun!!
http://bestsmileys.com/havenice/1.gif

kimlovescats
01-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Have a wonderful first day! I know you will do GREAT!!!!!

HUGS,
Kim :D

Reachoutrescue
01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Good luck with your new job!

pitc9
01-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Wishing you the best of luck!!!

Randi
01-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Good luck with your new job! :) It's sounds like a busy scedule. You can do it! :D

jackmilliesmom
01-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Good luck and best wishes on your first day and every day thereafter - I know you will be able to do it and do it well

lvpets2002
01-30-2007, 10:15 AM
:) WoW what a schedule.. Congrats & Good Luck..

jazzcat
01-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Good luck Kim!

Felix
01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Good Luck!Hope you have a wonderful day :)

wolflady
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
You'll do great! Starting a new job is always exciting, so have fun and I hope you enjoy it! :)

**hugs**

kuhio98
01-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Goodl luck, Kim! I know you'll do great!
Might want to double up on your vitamins for a while. I don't know about you, but when I'm stressed, my immune system crashes and I end up getting a cold.

sirrahbed
01-30-2007, 12:05 PM
I am thinking about you today Kim. I hope the day is going well.

Lisa had a good idea about taking the viatmins. Maybe a nice nap after work, too.

Waiting for an update about your first day - gotta hear what you wore, too :)

Karen
01-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Good luck today! :)

Logan
01-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Kim, I hope you have had a GREAT day, so far!!!!!!! :D

NoahsMommy
01-30-2007, 02:37 PM
LOTS of luck today Kim....I'll be wishing and praying for losts of extra energy (take those vitamins this week!) and endurance this week and that these new jobs are what you're looking for. They're LUCKY to have someone as talented and WONDERFUL as you, Kim!

We'll miss you, but understand. Kiss the furbabies and we'll be here when you're ready to tell us ALL about it! :)

Hugs,
Kelly :)

jenluckenbach
01-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Well, today is half over. Hope you still have a full day's worth of energy!

Hope all went well and we can get a GLOWING report in the near future.

Lobodeb
01-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Soooooo, how'd it go???? :D

catnapper
01-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Woah boy, talk about intense few days. My head is spinning and my body is dragging.

Yesterday was one looong day. The trainer is a hoot. Very funny and VERY peppy. I have no idea how she had the energy to stand up and talk to us for 8 hours without losing momentum. She also made the info as interesting as it could possibly be - without her humor and energy, yesterday would have been the most boring day on record.

Today was all about teaching the salespeople about color, texture, style, etc. I learned a few things myself. I am a bit overwhelmed with just how different residential design is to commercial design (office design). I mean I knew it was different, but standing there and working with the differences is another thing! I have no idea when I'll be able to hit the library to take out a few books on livingroom design, but I gotta get there.... unless folks know of some good websites for livingroom layouts and such.

Oh, and I was WAY overdressed yesterday! ;) I wore tailored charcoal clacks and a black sweater with a V-neck embellished with rhinestones (so then I don't need a necklace :)) it sound fussy but its very elegant and work appropriate. Today I wore a favorite navy blue argyle twin set with tan trousers. BUT, I am SO GLAD I wore what I wore because the trainer spent a LOT of time yesterday talking about appropriate clothing and how customers will judge us based on our presentation of ourselves. I felt good knowing only me and one other person was dressed in what she deemed appropriate :)

Anyhow, I just checked in to read everyone's well wishes, and thank you all for them. Now I'm headed for a nice loooong visit with my kitties in bed