PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED again.. SHE'S COMING HOME! -- Malinois pups were born...

binka_nugget
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
UPDATE on page 2!

I got this email from Berendhaus Kennels today..

"Dear Ashley,

It is with much sadness and pain that I must report to you that Kelly has had a litter of 4 puppies of which non have survived. She was due this past weekend however last weekend she gave birth very unexpectedly to 4 puppies. The first two were born outdoors and Kelly never opened the sacks therefore they suffocated. The next one was born in the whelping box where is was but the umbilical cord had pulled out and it died very quickly. The last one was also born in the whelping box and we thought it was going to do ok because it was nursing and being pretty normal except that it appeared to not be fully mature in the lungs. It was breathing and doing well but we felt the pup needed a few more days before it should have been born. We did everything we could but eventually this pup also passed away. It lasted about 1 day.

Lana is very distraught as we have never lost a litter of puppies before. I am also upset but handle this much better than Lana. Kelly is doing well and we will probably not breed her again. We suspect that the reason she gave birth a week early is due to the fact that we had to move and she was in a new place possibly stressed because of this."

:( I'm so disappointed. I'm having the worst luck with getting a puppy.

There's another litter of Malinois (already born) that I found out about after I put my deposit down with Berendhaus.. I've emailed him and asked if he had any pups left. If not, I will be first on the waiting list for a (hopefully Blue!) Sheltie pup from Kelly (Jordan/Wolfsoul's boss). Hopefully a wee one will be coming home soon..

chocolatepuppy
01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry Ashley. That's so sad. :(

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry, Ashley. :( That's so sad for everyone involved.

I hope the other breeder will still have a pup available for you, and if not, hopefully you'll have better luck getting a Sheltie pup.

critter crazy
01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Awww....so sad. :( RIP little ones!

Danegirl2208
01-29-2007, 10:36 PM
oh no! How awful :(

Good Luck in your search, keep us updated

dukedogsmom
01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm so very sorry. That is just horrible.

shais_mom
01-29-2007, 10:42 PM
That's too bad Ash -
:( poor babies.
Will they give you your deposit back so it can help with this other litter?
((hugs))

Catty1
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh, how awful...it's like fading kitten syndrome....

Binka...if they are not going to breed the mom any more, would they be looking for a new home for her? I know it's not a baby one...but just a thought....

{{{{hugs}}}}

.sarah
01-29-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm so sorry Ashley :(

binka_nugget
01-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Staci: Yep, they'll be returning my deposit.

Catty1: I never thought of that.. I will have to ask them. :)

The man with the Malinois litter got back to me. He has one male left.. I'm torn because good Malinois breeders are hard to come by in Canada. The pup will be shown too.. I don't know if my two boys would accept an unneutered Malinois. :\ I guess I'll keep looking for Belgian litters..

Crikit
01-29-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm sorry Ashley, hopefully things will work out better with the other breeder.

Flatcoatluver
01-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I am sorry Ashley :( ... Just keep on telling yourself everything happens for a reason, and maybe your next puppy will be right under your nose. :)

R.I.P Little puppies

borzoimom
01-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Oh Ashley- I am so sorry.. I am not sure what to say. Maybe it was the stress of the move- hard to say- but their decission not to breed her again is a very responsible answer. I know this is heart breaking- ... I never lost a litter ( says Prayers quickly) but I know it can happen- and even the best of breeders.. Life is fragile- especially for a new born.. ..

pitc9
01-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Oh how sad..... poor mom and babies.
RIP little ones.

kimlovescats
01-30-2007, 08:52 AM
How very sad. :( I'm sorry!!!

lute
01-30-2007, 08:55 AM
What a bummer! I'm so sorry. Poor breeder and momma dog. :(

Reachoutrescue
01-30-2007, 08:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the puppies. Poor mama must be so sad and confused.

Taz_Zoee
01-30-2007, 08:58 AM
I am so sorry. That is very sad. :(
I hope you can get another dog, or that momma dog, soon. :D

wolf_Q
01-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear this sad news, I know you were so excited. :( I hope you can find the right puppy/dog for you soon.

pessimisaurus
01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I didnt even know you were looking for another dog- yay!

this is very sad news though!! how tragic :'(

I wish you much luck in your search- the perfect pup will find its way to you in time!!!

BC_MoM
01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
That is devastating. I'm so sorry, Ashley - you were so looking forward to this Mal pup. :(

Ginger's Mom
01-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm so sorry, Ashley. It is very sad for the mother, puppies, breeders, and you. :( I do feel though that you will find the perfect dog for your furfamily.

DrKym
01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
I really feel for you. I know how awful it is when you are that close. Poor Momma and you, poor breeders too, as I am certain they were looking forward to the patter of tiny nails also!

bckrazy
01-30-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry, Ashley. =( That is so sad.

I know how it feels to be this let down, but trust me, everything will be better when you find the perfect puppy. I'm so glad I didn't end up with the first puppy I was going to get, because I have Fozzie now.

buttercup132
01-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry to hear that. Your having a heck of a time finding a puppy.:(

binka_nugget
02-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Thanks everyone.. I've been looking forward to a Belgian puppy since early last year. It looks like I finally found her! :D

I've contacted Bayarea Malinois in California. MaryAnn has one female left (pick of the litter in her and her vet's opinion!) She's a bit older than I was hoping for.. but still very much a pup. She's 14 weeks now (born Oct 25) and is just BEAUTIFUL! She comes from some lovely dogs.. daddy is an OT Vitosha dog. I LOVE THEM!

MaryAnne hasn't been afraid of saying no to interested buyers and has been holding her back for someone who will compete with her. :D :D :D She thinks I'm a great fit for Izzy (pup's name.. will def. be changing that :p) We're just working on details now.. mostly just figuring out how we're gonna get her to Seattle so I can pick her up.

YAY!! :D :D :D

binka_nugget
02-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Here are some pics taken a few days ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/Malpup1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/Malpup2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/Malpup3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/Malpup4.jpg

Isn't she a doll?? :D

shais_mom
02-01-2007, 02:44 AM
well it looks like she has already put herself in a box to send herself to you Ash! ;)
Good luck!
She's adorable!:D

chocolatepuppy
02-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Oh Ashley! Yay! I'm so glad you found a puppy! She's gorgeous. :D

borzoimom
02-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Ohh I am so glad you found a puppy! And 14 weeks old is a perfect age IMO.. She got the benefit of staying with a breeder for socialization and interaction, not to mention housebreaking..- I can't wait for more pictures after her arrival.

Freedom
02-01-2007, 07:24 AM
What striking markings and look at those ears! She must have been top heavy at a younger age, ha ha.

Best wishes.

ramanth
02-01-2007, 07:52 AM
She's adorable! Just love those ears! :D

Muddy4paws
02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Shes so pretty! Congrats on the new addition!

BC_MoM
02-01-2007, 09:42 AM
She's adorable!!! GOOD LUCK!!! :D:D

Taz_Zoee
02-01-2007, 10:04 AM
She is beautiful!! I love the all black face!! :D

Daisy and Delilah
02-01-2007, 10:37 AM
She is a real beauty!!! CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait to see this little girl grow up :)

Husky_mom
02-01-2007, 10:46 AM
OOO MMMM GGGG !!!! can you say ADORABLE!!!

what a cute pup!!........love, I mean LOVE her color!!!.......can`t wait till you can post million pics of her.....:)

lute
02-01-2007, 11:21 AM
OH MY! What a sweet lookin pup! Just look at those ears! :D

binka_nugget
02-01-2007, 01:59 PM
My deposit for her is going out tomorrow, which means...

SHE'S MINE!! :D

Husky_mom
02-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Mayor CONGRATS!!!!

aww man I canīt wait for her to arrive!!..........do you have more pics we can see in the meantime??

ETA: nevermind I found the website........definately pick of the litter, definately!!........what a lucky girl you are.........stunning pup, great parents.......congrats again

ETA 2: nevermind the nevermind .........of course we want more pics!! :)

dukedogsmom
02-01-2007, 02:26 PM
She is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you. And us, of course. We'll get to see lots more pics and see her progress. Any idea on a name?

binka_nugget
02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
:D Thanks guys. I'm so darn excited!

I've been trying to come up with names since early last year. I still haven't decided LOL. The ones I'm thinking about are:

Havoc, Keeva, and Nevaeh

I really like Havoc because Malinois are so busy and always on the go.. but I will wait until I meet her. I'm having a heck of a time trying to come up with registered names though. :rolleyes:

Karen
02-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh, goodness - she's beautiful in that gawky-puppy stage! All ears and elbows and eagerness ... I do like the name Havoc - or Loki (Norse mischief-maker), as you can just see the mischief in her eyes!

CathyBogart
02-01-2007, 04:10 PM
She's just stunning!

Flatcoatluver
02-01-2007, 04:17 PM
She is gorgeus!! You should stop by on your way home to meet me at a dog park with baby! ;)

binka_nugget
02-01-2007, 04:18 PM
She is gorgeus!! You should stop by on your way home to meet me at a dog park with baby! ;)

Oh! We'd love to! I was thinking of bringing Kai and Kae anyways.. :p

Flatcoatluver
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh! We'd love to! I was thinking of bringing Kai and Kae anyways.. :p
Yes! I have never been to a dog park before! I couldn't find when you were picking her up?

buttercup132
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Yay I'm glad you finally found a puppy!!:D She's adorable!

shais_mom
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
:D Thanks guys. I'm so darn excited!

I've been trying to come up with names since early last year. I still haven't decided LOL. The ones I'm thinking about are:

Havoc, Keeva, and Nevaeh

I really like Havoc because Malinois are so busy and always on the go.. but I will wait until I meet her. I'm having a heck of a time trying to come up with registered names though. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if you were going to keep it to your "K" theme.
:)but Havoc is cute too.

Kfamr
02-01-2007, 05:58 PM
She is freakin adorable!!! Oh gosh. How exciting.

I think you should stick with the "K" theme, but I'm not sure she looks like a Keeva. Who knows!

Kamira
Kalice
Kaven
Keoni
Kyan

Hmmm...

It's so sad to hear about the Malinois pups, though. :(

.sarah
02-01-2007, 09:30 PM
That's great Ashley! Congrats!

BC_MoM
02-01-2007, 09:35 PM
YAYYY once again! She's a beautiful Mal. Can't wait to see more pictures of her... eee! :)

dab_20
02-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Yayy I'm so happy for you! I know how excited you were for a puppy, and now you found the perfect one! She's soo beautiful, can't wait to see more pictures :)

critter crazy
02-01-2007, 09:53 PM
That Pup is Gorgeous!!!! Congrats, hope it all works out for you!!

tikeyas_mom
02-06-2007, 08:37 PM
OMGGGGGGG!!! Ash She is sooo adorable!!!!! I cant wait to see all the pics you take :D. She is perfect, AH I just love those big ears :p.. I bet the shelties will love her!!! I like the name havoc! Thats really nice.. WOOT I want a puppy lol. Congrats !!! .

*LabLoverKEB*
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow, how did I miss this thread??
I'm deeply sorry to hear about the Malinois puppies, what a shame.

But I am VERY excited to hear that your dream is finally coming true! This is so exciting!!! 'Izzi' is just as cute as can be! Congratulations!

Danegirl2208
02-06-2007, 09:00 PM
i missed the update too! CONGRATS Ashley! Im so happy for you :D She is such a beautiful pup!

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I can't believe I missed the update! Congratulations!! It's about time you've found a pup after waiting so long. She's beautiful. :)

cloverfdx
02-07-2007, 01:53 AM
*Drool* My gosh she is stunning Ashley... Malinois are awesome dogs have fun training and getting to know your little (Not for long) girl.

binka_nugget
02-10-2007, 05:35 PM
We have reserved the flight.. so baby girl will be coming home on February 24th!! :D :D

I will be leaving Vancouver around 6am to drive down to Seattle. The breeder will be flying up from California to Seattle to drop her off.

Just two weeks to go!! :D

chocolatepuppy
02-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Yay! I'll bet you can't wait Ashley! :D

Ginger's Mom
02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh, I had missed this exciting news. She is adorable. :D Congratulations, I am sure she will fit right in.

pessimisaurus
02-11-2007, 12:53 AM
ah so exciting!! :D cant wait to "meet" her!

Flatcoatluver
02-11-2007, 12:55 AM
We have reserved the flight.. so baby girl will be coming home on February 24th!! :D :D

I will be leaving Vancouver around 6am to drive down to Seattle. The breeder will be flying up from California to Seattle to drop her off.

Just two weeks to go!! :D
I can not wait to see the new baby pictures! I knew things would work out!

Thats the week of my agility trial, you should stop by on your way home. ;)

luvofallhorses
02-11-2007, 01:46 AM
She's adorable! :)

bckrazy
02-11-2007, 06:29 AM
OMGzzz! WOOW! She is so amazingly, ridunculously, adorable!

CONGRATS ASHLEY!

It sounds like she was made for you, which is absolutely awesome. I'm so happy you found the perfect puppy, you deserve it after all this time. I felt the exact same after finding Fozzie right after my let-down with the Cardi litter. Just so you know... I would've totally driven her from Cali to Seattle! :< Oh well, hopefully I can meet her someday. Fozzie would luurve her, and I think Gonzo would adore your Sheltie boys.

finn's mom
02-11-2007, 09:35 AM
She's gorgeous! I think you'll find her name when you see her. :) I say branch out, and don't stick with the K theme. Even though my name starts with a K. ;) Congratulations, regardless!

BCollie_Kelly
02-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Wow, Congrats!
I'm looking forward to her arrival & more pictures!

buttercup132
02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Yay! She kind of reminds me of a African Wild dog. Can't wait to see more pictures when she comes home!

binka_nugget
02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys :)

MaryAnn was just telling me about how she has started to hop on TOP of her crate and jump in the living room... I'm starting to think she might be a "Havoc" LOL

It sounds like she was made for you, which is absolutely awesome. I'm so happy you found the perfect puppy, you deserve it after all this time. I felt the exact same after finding Fozzie right after my let-down with the Cardi litter. Just so you know... I would've totally driven her from Cali to Seattle! :< Oh well, hopefully I can meet her someday. Fozzie would luurve her, and I think Gonzo would adore your Sheltie boys.

Aw.. well, I'm getting pretty close to convincing the boyfriend to drive down to San Francisco this Summer... :D

Reachoutrescue
02-11-2007, 10:12 AM
She sure is pretty..congrats. I like the name Havoc!! It is different!! Good luck and post lots of pictures!!

Toby's my baby
02-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Not sure how I managed to miss this. :rolleyes: She is gorgeaus!! Congrats! I can't wait to see more pictures! :D

BC_MoM
02-11-2007, 02:13 PM
If you can drive to San Francisco, you can drive to Manitoba! Come visit the M&M's! :D

This girl definitely does sound like she's the one for you!

RobiLee
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing lots more of her.

Vela
02-11-2007, 08:48 PM
That's awesome! I'm glad you found a puppy!, Can't wait to watch her grow up!

bckrazy
02-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Aw.. well, I'm getting pretty close to convincing the boyfriend to drive down to San Francisco this Summer... :D

Reeaally?!? That would be so cool! =D

ahaha, Fozzie did the same thing... jumped on top of his crate to escape his x-pen. And it took me literally weeks to figure it out! She sounds like lots of fun.

I'm trying to be patient about pics of the little dollface, but it isn't easy!