PDA

View Full Version : My Bettas!

lily_bubble88
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I own 3 bettas, 2 females and 1 male. I have been trying for SO long to breed the male with a female so I added my fattest female and they ignore each other for days at a time. So I put my 2 females together becuase I thoguth it would be ok, but my bigger (in size, not because she is full of eggs) and "she" tried to kill my full of eggs female. then tried to wrap herself around her.... :confused: What is going on?? I thougt females could be together...is she a male, she beat the crap outa the other and the other got her back just a bad.

Zippy
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
First off:
What size tank are you useing to breed?Did you get your pair form a breeder?What tail type are they?Your other female could be a male there are short finned males.Have you researched betta breeding?Do you have food for the fry already?Do you have homes for the fry?

lily_bubble88
02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes I have got everything, Ive been working on this for a long time. No I did not get them from a breeder, I got them both up at a pet store in Anchorage, they were just old enought to breed. I do have tons of food for the frys. No I am not a total crazy about the bettas but I just wanted to try it out once. for gifts and my own satisfaction. But dont worry my short tailed female died just a few days ago because I let my cat in by accident and he had a lil snack. I'll be getting a new one today for Valentines day from my bf and then I will statr the process all over again, YES i know that I have to wait at tleast 2 weeks before I atemit to . I am not going to get 3 cages for my fish, I have everything under control. Im just confused about the 2 females.

Zippy
02-14-2007, 03:13 PM
You can not keep just 2 females together.
First off what size tank do you have? If you aren't total crazy about bettas please don't breed them.It takes a lot of time and money.If you are not willing to get 3 tanks for your fish then how are you going to spilt up the fry?What tail types are they?All females have short tails.I think you my need to do more research before breeding.