PDA

View Full Version : Poor Barbaro! :-(~

Lobodeb
01-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Barbaro is Euthanized (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070129/ap_on_sp_ot/rac_barbaro) :( :( :(

Run free at the Bridge, baby. You fought long and hard. No more pain.

pitc9
01-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I just saw this and came here to post it.... it's so sad.

Now you can rest easy and pain free Barbaro.

:(

borzoimom
01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
and at least they tried..

My Peanuts
01-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I just read this too. I'm in shock. Poor guy. Even though he lost his battle he is still an amazing inspiration.

RIP Barbaro :(

Donnaj4962
01-29-2007, 12:18 PM
I just read this also. Poor baby.

RIP Barbaro. Godspeed to the RB. Play hard, pain free.

luvofallhorses
01-29-2007, 12:18 PM
:( Atleast he isn't in pain anymore.

lizbud
01-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I saw the notice this morning too. So sad. :( He fought as long as
he could & so did the Vets. :(

gini
01-29-2007, 12:34 PM
This magnificent horse was an inspiration to us all. This has saddened me more than I can say.

Yes, Barbaro - RUN - RUN - without any more pain or broken bones.

Daisy and Delilah
01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm sure there isn't a dry eye in the PT house today. :( What a terrible thing to hear. I know they did all they could do for him. My thoughts and prayers are with all those people that fought so long and hard for him :(

Rest in Peace sweet boy and run hard at the bridge :( We're going to miss you sweetheart.

K9soul
01-29-2007, 12:41 PM
"Goodnight sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

William Shakespeare

Thank you for your inspiration when I thought my life was over.

BC_MoM
01-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Rest in peace, Barbaro. You are now free to run as wild as you wish, with no pain.

jazzcat
01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
How sad.

Vela
01-29-2007, 01:01 PM
I watched him win his first race, I watched him win them all, I am heartbroken beyond words at the moment, have spent a great deal of the morning crying and it still keeps coming.

Rest well Bobby you won this race, you always win. You made a difference that will be felt for years to come, you were more than "just a horse".

May Angels Lead you In.

gemini9961
01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I just read the article myself and felt great sadness. RIP Barbaro

I don't follow throughbred racing but I did follow the threads here and I feel genuine sadness over the loss of this great horse. He truly is an inspiration and his owners are those who PT are very grateful for.

:(

Logan
01-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I knew he had suffered a setback, over the weekend, but I didn't know that it was a such a bad situation. Barbaro is in our prayers. Safe travels to the Bridge, our friend. We have so many there who will help to show you the way.

Love, Logan, Honey, Lilly, Baby Mack, Butter, Roger and Milly and our RB bridge friends, Zipper, Murphy, Kaycee and Mimi

mike001
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
After what that poor horse has been through I can only feel happy that he is at last pain free and RIP. Being a horse owner and lover I thought they were going to far with this poor horse.

Queen of Poop
01-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Barbaro, sweet boy, your mom and dad did their best for you and in the end they had to give you the final, greatest gift of all. I can visualize you trotting around with a big, silly smile on your horsey face. Enjoy yourself sweet boy and know that you gave alot of non-horse people insight into horses, racing, etc.

kb2yjx
01-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Brave Barbaro!! I just heard moments ago that that he was put to sleep!! It was a very long hard struggle, and all involved worked so hard to get you better!! You were a trooper and a real inspiration to us humans!!! Be free at the Bridge, and run like the wind......sleep softly sweet Barbaro.....

ramanth
01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
RIP Barbaro. Run free and hard at the bridge. :(

K9soul
01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Video of the press conference is here. Anyone who watches it, it leaves no doubt how deeply the owners and vet loved this horse and did all that they did with only his best interest in their hearts.

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=23090

Dr. Dean Richardson has an extremely difficult time speaking at times.

Freedom
01-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Barbaro, sweet boy, your mom and dad did their best for you and in the end they had to give you the final, greatest gift of all. I can visualize you trotting around with a big, silly smile on your horsey face. Enjoy yourself sweet boy and know that you gave alot of non-horse people insight into horses, racing, etc.

Well said. Ditto.

shais_mom
01-29-2007, 10:43 PM
GodSpeed Brave Barbaro-
you fought the fight like we all should.....
and you lived like we should too....

Vela
01-30-2007, 08:26 AM
I still feel a profound sadness today, as I hug my Barbaro beenie, wear my Barbaro shirt, and look at his picture on my desktop. He's been a part of my life for a long time, since his debut race and I first saw him. Some people say to me, what is wrong with you, he's just a horse you never even met. He was not just a horse to me. I have followed racing since I can first remember. I was too young and "missed" the greats of the 70s. Barbaro was my Secretariat. His fight these last months has given me inspiration through some of the hardest times I have gone through. I had unwavering faith that he would be okay. For him to suddenly go downhill and be in a position where they finally had to help him cross was a real blow. A lot of people don't and won't understand, but for some of us, his passing has left us feeling hollow and hurt. His owners loved him, his vet loved him, they all cried yesterday during the press conference. For anyone who ever judges that they did what they did to try to save him for money, you are wrong.

Run free sweet Barbaro, you've earned it. Thank you for the good times, and the bad, you didn't owe us anything, but you gave it all.

Reachoutrescue
01-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Poor Barbaro...no more pain. Now you can be free to run all you want or just to graze and enjoy the fresh pasture at the bridge. Your legacy will live on.

Suki Wingy
01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
*sigh* :(

NoahsMommy
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
So Sad... :(

They all tried so hard for Barbaro... :( All that support, all those prayers, all those surgeries. No more, sweet boy.

Go run and play at the RB, sweet Barbaro. No pain, no surgeries.

RIP, Barbaro.

My Peanuts
01-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Vela, I wasn't and I'm still not a big fan of horse racing as a sport, but I am a big fan of animals and seeing them pull through. I looked for Barbaro updates often. In some ways I feel like Barbaro was like my Jimmy. The odds were against them. Jimmy pulled through and I was so hopeful for Barbaro. I too feel very sad today. Still, he did so much for many people. I feel good about that part.

Alysser
01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I really thought, just this once maybe, a horse with a leg problem would pull through. They usually put them down right away, if they race. He had so much spirit and enthusiam to live. But sadly, it all came to an end. He couldn't fight anymore. The vets did all the could, but it wasn't enough.

At first, I was in a state of shock. Then I just cried for about 20 minutes. I would have cried even more, but then I realized that his spirit is finally free from the pain, and he can run as wild as he wants.

RIP Barbaro.

You never knew how much inspiration you gave people.

Run free.

AvaJoy
01-30-2007, 06:48 PM
:( The saga of Barbaro has gripped so many of us, and the anguish his owners, vets, trainer, jockey and those who knew him personally feel about this outcome must be absolutely unbearable. I have saved every article throughout his ordeal that appeared in my local newspaper, and I could never figure out why I felt compelled to do so. Admiration for a true hero. I believe he knew it was time to relinquish his valiant, courageous fight, and communicated that to his people. They obliged, as they never wanted him to suffer. I commend them for making such a difficult and heart-wrenching decision. They did all they could and it was in the best interests for Barbaro. You are a champion, and an inspiration for us all. Blessings and God speed, just as you had here on earth.

mugsy
02-17-2007, 08:02 AM
I know this is late, but, here is a great video tribute to Barbaro that I just found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz5xzK4q6Xw

RIP sweet boy!

todd
02-17-2007, 08:59 PM
that was so sad