PDA

View Full Version : Colts or Bears?

Donnaj4962
01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Who will you be rooting for in the Superbowl???? Colts? Bears?

Being from Fort Wayne, Indiana, there are many fans for both teams, and this Friday will be "show your blue" day. Everyone is encouraged to wear the color of blue for whichever team they are rooting for!

I am a true blue COLTS fan.... have been for years... and I am so proud to have my team in the SuperBowl!

GO COLTS!

Lobodeb
01-29-2007, 12:08 PM
:D I'm rooting for the CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!! :D

I just hope for a good game though. No blow outs (so you don't feel so bad going home. ;) )

lizbud
01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Take a wild guess. :D :D

Donnaj4962
01-29-2007, 12:22 PM
LOL lobodeb about feeling bad on the way home! :p

I, too, hope that it is a good game... no blowout! For a long time, I rooted for the Bears, as they were the closest NFL team. But now that the Colts are in Indiana, they are my team! I am telling you, football fever has hit here in Ft. Wayne, as it seems that many football fans here are split in their loyalty!

But I am sticking to my guns... and I am just glad the COLTS finally made it to the SuperBowl!

GO COLTS!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I think I'm going with the Da Bears. I really don't care. I'm just hoping for an awesome game!! :)

jazzcat
01-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Colts!

I'm not much into pro football but I love college, especially the University of TN where Peyton won many hearts. I'll cheer for him!

lvpets2002
01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
:) Well I like both teams.. However have to state the Chicago Bears.. Dont tell Richard but I have money on this one!! :D

My Peanuts
01-29-2007, 01:20 PM
GO BEARS!!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Who will you be rooting for in the Superbowl???? ... Colts? ... Bears?

How about The Next Ad!

And Please, don't let the Talking Heads *babble* their way through the Half-Time Show!
:mad:

cassiesmom
01-29-2007, 01:34 PM
born and raised in Chicago - went to college in Indiana - I'm still undecided. But looking forward to clever commercials and planning on chili for supper. Come over around 4. Let me know if you want a soda with your chili or a beer, so I know how much of each I need to get.

GreyhoundGirl
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I've never heard of either... so I'll just say...

Go Greyhounds!

Yep, thats my team...

mugsy
01-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Da Bears! I absolutely positively detest the Colts. It has nothing to do with the players, as I like most of them. It has everything to do with the hypocrites that own the team. I'm just waiting for another 1984 when they pulled out of Baltimore in the dead of night (cowards!) and leave Indy hanging. Everyone has said, well they're building them a new stadium...and???? Oh well, I'm done with my rant. And to top it all off, I have always liked the Bears even though they did beat my beloved Seahawks this year. My theory is that if anyone is going to be the Seahawks I would rather it be the Bears. Grossman scares the snot out of me though...I'm not sure he's up the the task of matching Manning.

I'm dedicating this Super Bowl to my dad who I lost in July. He was a diehard Bears fan and rarely missed a game on TV.

DA BEARS!!!!

kimlovescats
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Former UT Vol, Peyton Manning of course! We love Peyton!!!!

Go Colts!!!

Lobodeb
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Grossman scares the snot out of me though...I'm not sure he's up the the task of matching Manning.DA BEARS!!!!

Ditto that!

We'll see who shows up, Sexy Rexy, or Turnoverasaurus Rex. :rolleyes:

IMO, that'll be the make or break of the Bears' game.

Go Colts!!!

:eek: I USED to like you! But not anymore. :( Just kidding. :D ;) All in good fun and trash talking. :o

RICHARD
01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Neither!

Just a good close game and good commercials....

Dale Earnhardt filmed a pretty good looking commercial (Mad Max style) out here in the desert.......

GO BUDWEISER!

Edwina's Secretary
01-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I was born a Hoosier but I am an Illini by choice....so BEARS!!!!!

I asked my dad and his reasoning is...he will root for Indy.....what a feather in their cap if they win....and Chicago already has so many feathers! :D :p :D

dab_20
01-29-2007, 08:51 PM
BEARS ALL THE WAY!!!!!! They're my team and they made it to the Super Bowl. WOOOO!!!

Kfamr
01-29-2007, 08:53 PM
I won't be watching it - I'll be spending the day with Joyce & Ginger of Ginger's Mom. :) :D

Cincy'sMom
01-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Da Bears, of course!!!

I was 10 the first time the went to the Super Bowl and the Super Bowl Shuffle was what got me watching football. I'm first and foremost a Bengals fan, but my "NFC" team, has always been the Bears!!

(Anyone else read Jim McMahon's autobiography?)

shais_mom
01-29-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't really watch football but I support the
WILSON FOOTBALL manufactorer!!!! My aunt is the
HR person and has been in FL since last week setting up for
the game! She gets to go every year but rarely gets to see the game!
:eek:
http://www.wilson.com/wilson/articles/article_images_left.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=101341 98673917529

Incidently Wilson is my mom and my aunt's maiden name but there is no relation..... DARN! ;)

Cinder & Smoke
01-29-2007, 11:06 PM
I support the WILSON FOOTBALL manufacturer!!!!
My aunt is the HR person
and has been in FL since last week setting up for the game!
She gets to go every year but rarely gets to see the game!
:eek:

So ... WHY aren't you down there WITH her!??

What's she do with her Comp Tickets?? Surely she gets a few.

:D

shais_mom
01-29-2007, 11:32 PM
So ... WHY aren't you down there WITH her!??

I dunno?!
;)

anna_66
01-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Well it's a toss up...I'm from Chicago so I should root for the Bears, but I really want the Colts to win for Peyton:p

So I guess I'll be rooting for both:D

mugsy
01-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm with John....where the heck are the comp tickets?? It's just too bad that Dungy didn't get his way...he wanted to scrap Miami and play here in Ft Wayne...DANG!!! :D :D

elizabethann
01-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Colts!

Suki Wingy
01-30-2007, 02:59 PM
neither! but I do live by the bears so a win from them would be good I guess.

BOBS DAD
01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Colts are gonna win. And the score is gonna be 24 - 14.

cocker_luva
01-31-2007, 12:09 AM
:D I'm rooting for the CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!! :D

I just hope for a good game though. No blow outs (so you don't feel so bad going home. ;) )

exactly how i feel!!!

Kfamr
01-31-2007, 12:00 PM
I wanted to add, I would like the Colts to win, but it doesn't matter either way. The only reason I'd root for the Colts is because of Tony Dungy.

That said, I didn't watch one single football game this season, but I did make a cute signature in honor of the superbowl. The Muttlies - all the way baby!!

davidpizzica
01-31-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm a tried and true Steeler fan and Pittsburgh had their shining moment last year. This year I'm rooting for the Colts because they've played more against the Steelers.

Queen of Poop
01-31-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm not a "fan" of either team. But have chosen to support the COLTS in the Superbowl.

GO COLTS!!

Reachoutrescue
01-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Well, since I born and raised in Chicago and still live here....I have to say:

G O B E A R S ! !

Lobodeb
01-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Our Papa,
Who art a Bear,
Hallowed by thy fame,
Thy championship come,
Thy play be run,
At home as it is away,
Give us this day, our Sunday win,
And forgive us our turnovers,
Though we pounce on those who turnover against us
And lead us not into fourth and long,
But deliver us from Krenzel.

AMEN!

GO BEARS!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/Lobodeb/n145900600_30148408_8581.jpg

Donnaj4962
02-02-2007, 10:15 AM
My response to Deb's last post! :p

Tom Brady in Heaven

Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Tom, said "God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner.

It was a 3-story mansion with a Blue & White sidewalk, a 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous Colts logo flag, and in every window, a Colts towel. Tom looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I even won a few Super bowls God said "So what's your point Tom?" "Well, why does Peyton get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said: "Tom, that's not Peyton's house, it's mine."

GO COLTS!!!

What color of blue are your wearing today????

Lobodeb
02-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Oh, I love a good, fun game of smack talk.

Here's my version of what really transpired beyond the pearly gates.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/Lobodeb/Bears2.jpg

Kisses to you Donnaj4962! :cool:

cassiesmom
02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Mommy Bear and Daddy Bear were in divorce court. Baby Bear sat beside them.

The judge looked down and asked Baby Bear, "So Baby Bear, do you want to live with Daddy Bear?"

"Oh, no," Baby Bear replied, "I don't want to live with Daddy Bear. He beat me."

"Well then, you should live with Mommy Bear," answered the judge.

"Oh, no," said Baby Bear, "I don't want to live with Mommy Bear. She beat me."

"Well then, Baby Bear, who do you want to live with?" asked the judge.

Baby Bear said, "I want to live with my Auntie Bear in Chicago."

Mommy Bear and Daddy Bear exchanged surprised glances. The judge said, "Why, Baby Bear? Why your Auntie Bear in Chicago?"

Baby Bear said, "Because Chicago Bears don't beat anybody!"

Sirrahsim
02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Lol

buckner
02-02-2007, 01:11 PM
GO COLTS!!!

Donnaj4962
02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
LOL at Cassiesmom! That was great!

Take THAT Deb! :::mwah::: ;) :p :D

I was watching the Today show this morning, and one of the Italian cooks from the Food Network was on, fixing some SuperBowl fare. Matt asked her who she was rooting for and she replied, "The Colts. I always root for the underdogs!" Matt looked at her with the strangest look on his face, and politely explained that actually the Colts are favored to win by 7 points! She looked rather surprised, and just smiled!

I am just looking for a great game! But of course, I am hoping that my Colts come out the winners!

There seems to be more bright blue than navy blue in my office today! What color of blue are you wearing today???? :cool:

Lobodeb
02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Cassiesmom, you're from Chicago!!! :eek: You're supposed to be on MY side! ;)

Hey, wait! No tag teaming. :D

You all are gonna make me get nasty now!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/Lobodeb/1846_1170419279.jpg

Donnaj4962
02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
OMG, Deb.... that pic is hilarious! Was that at the Chicago Zoo????

I am so excited about 2 Midwest teams playing in the Super Bowl! Too cool....

GO COLTS!

mugsy
02-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Oh my God...I almost KILLED my kids today. OY! We had a "wear blue day" and they were allowed to wear either a Bear's or Colt's hat. They were so jacked up! Hyper does not describe them. Of course I had to tell every class who I wanted to win, but, who I thought would win...I am SO glad I gave a test today. I can just imagine how it would have been if they had had a little freedom. I got yelled at because I didn't wear blue...sorry guys...don't own any Bears or Colts shirts or a hat...I wore my black wolf sweatshirt.

I still want the Bears to win, but, I just don't think Grossman has it in him...too inconsistent.

borzoimom
02-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Our Papa,
Who art a Bear,
Hallowed by thy fame,
Thy championship come,
Thy play be run,
At home as it is away,
Give us this day, our Sunday win,
And forgive us our turnovers,
Though we pounce on those who turnover against us
And lead us not into fourth and long,
But deliver us from Krenzel.

AMEN!

GO BEARS!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/Lobodeb/n145900600_30148408_8581.jpg
DA BEARS!!!! ( my husband says...)

shais_mom
02-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Like I said she doesn't even get to see the game.
This year the head _____ said he'd take the tickets they
got and trade them in or get a bunch of tickets but didn't.
And didn't give the 6 tickets back to them so they don't get to
see it again this year. She has to stay with the display!
:mad:
you'd think going to the superbowl and working like that
you'd have your perks but guess not! :mad: