PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeding RAW!

lute
01-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Ok so I never thought I'd feed raw. Just seemed "too hard" or "inconvenient". I did some research last night and talked to a couple breeders that feed raw. I bought Gracie a whole fryer yesterday. She's getting it for breakfast this morning. Along with some green beans and yogurt.

With all the deer hunting that goes on around here there has GOT to be a butcher close. I found one! TWO BLOCKS from our buisness. I'm going to talk to them today.

borzoimom
01-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Thats wonderful!! If you need any quick receipes, pm me.. I will be more than happy to help as I have fed raw for 19 years.

DrKym
01-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Excellent for you hun! Keep us posted on how Gracie likes it! also on how you do too !

Danegirl2208
01-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Congrats...how exciting :D

3GSDMom
01-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Thats wonderful! I've heard nothing but good things about raw.

One of these days I'd love to switch my GSDs to raw. Haven't got around to researching it yet though.
Do let us know how it goes! :)

BC_MoM
01-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Wow, congratulations to your dogs and you! They're going to love it.

Reachoutrescue
01-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Lex, that is so cool. I, too, have just started the pups on raw. They seem to love it. I have a good recipe from BMOM, but I am going to explore more as well. Good luck. Keep us posted on the pups and how they like raw meals!

borzoimom
01-29-2007, 06:27 AM
YOu are welcome reachoutrescue- and I am perfectly willing to help anyone else out also. BTW- that same receipe I gave you was the starter one for the vets office also. Half the vets there now feed raw after seeing my dogs etc.
I can not post what I gave her here because feeding raw is subject to the size the dog, the age and any special needs.