PDA

View Full Version : Going off for a bit - with a poorly arm!!!

lynnestankard
06-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Not pet related folks.

Well we had a wonderful week-end out on the bike and camping. Weather was soooo good and a really good time was had by all.
Then yesterday on our way home - we had a smash with a car and of course we came off worse. The bike fell on top of me - and anybody out there who knows Goldwings knows how heavy they are!! I was in a lot of pain but the ambulance arrived within minutes and they got me into hospital.
I've ended up (very luckily) with a badly broken arm - right at the top, just below the shoulder, no cast, just a collar and cuff, a badly swollen foot - but not broken and some fractured ribs. Today I fell like I've gone 5 rounds with Mike Tyson.
I'll have to bow out for some time - this is just to difficult to do. I'll be back as soon as I'm feeling better.

Bye for now everyone - speak to you soon.

Lynne

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-24-2002, 10:04 AM
Lynne! How horrible! Glad to hear that you walked away relatively OK.

Drake, Andrew, and I went camping and moutain biking this past weekend. We had tons of fun. The trails on Bull Mountian (on the Applachian Trail) are awesome. I fell off my bike only twice, but am not harmed.

We will miss you. Take care of yourself and get back to Pet Talk soon!

Edwina's Secretary
06-24-2002, 10:10 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Will you at least be able to read Pettalk?

Former User
06-24-2002, 10:10 AM
Oh Lynne, I'm so sorry to hear that! Glad you are more or less okay. Bummer about the hand, but here's hoping that it will heal VERY soon!

Lots of hugs Lynne, and we'll miss ya for sure!

Take good care!

Niina

Karen
06-24-2002, 10:14 AM
Ouch!

Heal quickly and feel better soon!

jennifert
06-24-2002, 10:18 AM
Oh Lynne, that is terrible!! I'm sorry about your accident but grateful that you weren't more seriously injured!! Bike and car accidents can be so dangerous. I have a million questions but will hold off until you feel better!

Get well soon! Rest, relax and maybe use the one finger method to check in and read some posts...?

Hope to hear from you soon!
:)

Randi
06-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Lynne, I'm so sorry to hear that you have been involved in an accident. Hope you're not in pain and that you'll have a speedy recovery!!

Wishing you all the best! We'll miss you!! Come back when you're fit again! :)

zippy-kat
06-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Oh Lynne--sooooo sorry for your accident!

Please heal quickly!! Check in when you can.

We'll be thinking of you!
Zippie & Sophie Bunnie

sammi
06-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Glad you are going to be okay. Are we talking goldwing motorcycle? Keep us posted when you can.

anna_66
06-24-2002, 04:31 PM
Wow Lynne, I know how bad accidents on motorcycles can be. Luckily you were on a very big bike (I'm guessing if it's a goldwing). Did it take the blunt of the accident? Sounds like it did. I'm glad you just ended up with a broken arm and not something worse. Take care, get lots of rest and check in whenever you can!
{{Hugs}} Anna

lynnestankard
06-24-2002, 04:51 PM
thanks all my lovely friends.

sara - yep i'll be popping in now and then to keep up with the threads.
randi - when the pain killers kick in i think i'll be feeling much better.
sammi - yes a goldwing 1500.
anna-66 - yes we took it all - and they thought i was much worse - but i figure i was very lucky to get away with only a few injuries.

Dons hurt his ribs as well - we make a right old pair! everyone reckons we should grow up!

i'll be around reading - but this typing us such a bummer with one finger!

love lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2002, 05:19 PM
Gosh, Lynne, you and Zippy Kat will need to form a club for people with bent wings. I'm glad you'll be able to at least read the posts and see what everyone is up to. You get lots of rest and heal fast. OK? :eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-24-2002, 06:53 PM
Man I am so sorry to hear that news!!!!:eek: So glad though that you only have one broken bone.... could be better though huh?!?!? We will miss you... wishing you a speedy recovery!! Tinky and Jupiter send some kitty kisses and headbumpies for your hurt arm to help it heal :)

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2002, 06:56 PM
OUCH!!!

Hope you feel better soon! Ralph wants a bike and that is the one reason I am not sure...not him, but the other drivers not being aware of bike on the road.

Fuzzy317
06-24-2002, 07:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your mishap with the bike. I am an expert with bike crashes. They can set you back for a time, but if you love the sport, you won't be out of commission for long. I would go into all my bike crashes (all 10), but this page would be too long. :D I still ride, I am just a little more careful. :)

zippy-kat
06-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Gosh, Lynne, you and Zippy Kat will need to form a club for people with bent wings. :eek:

:D
I'm just a member of the sympathy/empathy club now! I've had the cast off for nearly 2 wks! ;) Lynne, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

NoahsMommy
06-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Poor thing! Get better soon!!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident Lynne. I hope you have a speedy recovery so you can come back to Pet Talk and start yaking away. Good luck. We'll miss you.

Edwina's Secretary
06-25-2002, 09:03 AM
Boy, do I feel -- well blond. Allow me to offer as a partial excuse that yesterday was a hectic day.....

When I first read this post I read bike to be bicycles. (How I thought the bike ended up on top of Lynne????)

Now I understand it! It was a motorcycle!!! Yikes! My husband has motorcycles. I ride verrrry occasionally with him. When he goes out I worry from the time he leaves until I hear him return.

Lynne, you are fortunate. I'll be thinking of you!

Sara

06-25-2002, 09:25 AM
I hope your broken arm does not hurt to much ...!

GET WELL SOON LYNNE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. as typing is a little difficult right now , just keep it down to short messages , just to let us know how you are doing , okay ?
Take care !!!!

Heather Wallace
06-25-2002, 06:49 PM
Lynne

I do hope your arm gets better soon.

Take Care

heather xxx

lizbud
06-25-2002, 07:17 PM
Lynne,

I'm so glad you weren't hurt any worse than you are.
Wow, you two were very lucky. Take it easy and hope
you heal up just fine. I'm glad you can still read, if not
post. Prayers for quick healing for you both. :)

gini
06-25-2002, 10:42 PM
Oh my, Lynne, this was not good news, at'all, at'all!

I hope you aren't in a great deal of pain and will be back with us very soon.

And just when you jumped over the 1000 mark too. You will have to do some real pounding on the keys when you are better!

Ann
06-26-2002, 08:15 AM
Yikes, I'm so sorry to hear that :( But thank God it wasn't worse than that! Hope you heal quickly!

Albea
06-26-2002, 01:25 PM
GET WELL SOON LYNNE! WE'LL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU!