PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys usually buy you dog collars, leashes, tags, etc.

jagsjorge
01-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Where do you guys usually buy you dog collars, leashes, tags, etc. :confused:

Zippy
01-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't have dogs but I buy my cat collars at Petco or Petsmart :)

lute
01-28-2007, 10:14 AM
lupinepet.com They have awesome collars and leashes. They have a lifetime warranty on their items too. Sometimes I'll find some cute ones or ones on sale at Petsmart or Vet & Pet. I get my tags from Petsmart.

borzoimom
01-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Several places- the show leads are fosters and smith- the leather slip leads and tag leads from a local leather maker, and flat martingales from petsmart..

Freedom
01-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I love
www.thatpetplace.com

I get their catalog in the mail. I get fish, cat and dog stuff through them. I find them much cheaper, even with the shipping, than buying at PetCo or PetSmart.

I normally buy pet ID tags on line. I google pet ID tags and find lots to choose from.

I have picked up the odd collar at WalMart when I have been stuck.

Sandra

3muttsandaboston
01-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I get all my leashes collars and toys from petsmart. Some of my tags i've gotten from fetchingtags.net.

borzoimom
01-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Opps- forgot about tags- I get my brass plates that go on the tag leads from the same leather maker, the therapy tags comes from the organization, but the other tags are from petsmart and I only use plastic as metal ones make a gray/green mark in a white coat from the metal.

dab_20
01-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I buy all the supplies for my two at petsmart.

Flatcoatluver
01-28-2007, 12:38 PM
I buy my collers at petsmart. My tags I get online at www.thepetrescuesite.org, My friend makes all her leashes so I buy them through her. I get my show and trial leshes at dog shows. Most of my toys come from my work because I get them for free. I have to order my dog food.

Kfamr
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
I get tags from PetEdge.com - You can buy them in packs of 2 so it's perfect for my 4, very cheap too.

I have so many collars and leashes that I don't have one designated place to buy them. Just wherever I've found one I liked. I've bought them before from: PetEdge, Petsmart, Petco, Target, WalMart, KMart, Local dog places, DogLovers, Petsupermarket, several others. I could probably open up my own shop I have so many. ;)

applesmom
01-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I always bought mine from the RC Steele catalog. Their service was flawless, the prices were great, the merchandise was excellent and they offered an additional discount for larger orders. Several of us would order together at the same time a couple of times a year and save quite a bit of money.

For little things I buy at a local family owned pet shop that has been in business for 40 years. They don't sell pets and are extremely knowledgable about all types of pets and their needs. They'll also special order hard-to-find items...

GreyhoundGirl
01-28-2007, 02:23 PM
I bought my dog tag (I mean, Jennys dog tag, lol) at things engraved. It's pretty good quality. :) The collars and leashes... well.. which one? lol

mr.chiwawa
01-28-2007, 02:33 PM
My guy is so tiny that I had to buy his harness and leash from www.G.W.little.com As for tags he doesnt have any he is mirco chiped.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't really have a place a regularly shop for collars at. Usually I get my collars from the smaller petstores in my city (Paws mainly) aswell as 3 Dirty Dawgz (www.3dirtydawgz.com), K9 Collars (www.k9collars.com), and Earthdog (www.earthdog.com). If I can avoid shopping online though, I generally do. A lot of my collars and leashes have come from different dog shows I've gone to also. I can't stand aluminum dog tags because they don't last overly long, so I buy stainless steel or plastic ones from either Lucky Pet (www.luckypet.com) (I've also bought an embroidered collar from there, before I discovered "K9 collars"), or Boomerang Tags (www.boomerangtags.com).

BC_MoM
01-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I use Pet Valu as my store for when I need things. I love them ~ AND they don't sell a SINGLE live animal! :D

The only thing that bites is that you can't order online ~ but they're only a 5 minute drive from home. :)