PDA

View Full Version : Earle goes running...pics

Glacier
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Earle hasn't been out with the team at all this winter. He's been so sick and so out of shape that my vet advised he not pull until a couple weeks ago. He's been skijoring a few times since the vet said it was ok. Today was the first time he has wanted to come with the team. He was quite insistent that he was running today. In his healthier days, Earle was one of my strongest pullers, not super fast, but steady and worked his butt off.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/06/earlerun.jpg
So I let him come today. He's in wheel beside Franklin. You can see his tug line isn't as tight as Franklin's. Basically, Earle wasn't really working, he was just keeping up. In retrospect I should have taken him with a slower team. The other five in this group were a little fast for Earle. I thought I'd have to drop him at some point, but he held his own. His tug was slack sometimes, but he was having a good time and sometimes that's all that matters. He worked really hard going uphill. He still has plenty of power!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/06/earlehome.jpg
He made it the full 15km. Took 75 minutes today which is about 10 minutes longer than that loop usually takes a six dog team. We took several short breaks just to make sure Earle was doing ok.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/06/earlepost.jpg
He looks pretty pleased with himself! You can still see where the IV was on his front leg.

It was nice to have one of my first pulling buddies back on the trail with me today!

wolf_Q
01-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Nice to see Earle again, I just love that boy. :) I'm glad he's doing better and had a nice run today!

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
He made it the full 15km.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/06/earlepost.jpg

He looks pretty pleased with himself!

It was nice to have one of my first pulling buddies back on the trail with me today!

Way to GO, Earle!!
As long as you give it the Good Ole College Try - you'll have a Job!

:D

finn's mom
01-27-2007, 05:18 AM
I spent about an hour last night showing David (my boyfriend) a lot of your photos and reading to him some of the things you've talked about and described. He's not much for cold weather, but he appreciates and admires you and your lifestyle. And he knows how much I respect you, so he sat and let me ooo and ahh over your threads. I'll show him this one when I get home from work today. :)

Earle looks incredible! He has a perfect face!

chocolatepuppy
01-27-2007, 05:27 AM
God job Earle! Nice to see you running with the team. :)

pitc9
01-27-2007, 07:05 AM
It's great to see Earle doing what he loves most!

Daisy and Delilah
01-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Good Job Earle!! He really does look soooo proud of himself and of course he should be. Tamara, your place looks like the makings of a very cool movie!! I absolutely love your pictures and your life too!! :)

gemini9961
01-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Way to go Earle! I think he does look very pleased with himself.

Ginger's Mom
01-27-2007, 10:09 AM
He does look pleased, but tired. What a handsome and brave boy he is. Hugs to Earle.

Glacier
01-27-2007, 03:44 PM
He does look pleased, but tired.

A tired husky is a good husky! Earle was a very good boy last night!

Dorothy39
01-27-2007, 04:35 PM
A tired husky is a good husky! Earle was a very good boy last night!

Your pictures are always such a *magnet* for me Glacier!! :o

Earle~It was such a rush seeing you do what you do BEST!!!

You have taught me what "HUSKY" means boy!!!!

captain
01-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Tamara,
So glad to see him out and about.
He sure did look like he had a wonderful time.

I must agree, your pics are always a magnet for me :D

kallisto4529
01-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Way to go Earle, he is such a handsome boy!!!!! It always amazes to see these pics, they are so beautiful.

anna_66
01-28-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm so very happy to hear that he was able to get out with the team. Looks like he really had a terrific time:)

Kfamr
01-28-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm so glad to hear Earle is doing better and well enough to take a run! He sure is handsome.

cassiesmom
01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Earle's happy, smiling face made me feel good today on a coooooold day in Chicago! Thanks, Earle! *pat*

cyber-sibes
01-30-2007, 09:14 PM
:D it sure is good to see Earle with a big smile on his face! Seems like it's been a long time since we've seen pictures of him in harness with a team - I recall some pictures of him tagging along with the sled a while back. Way to go, handsome!

Karen
01-30-2007, 09:41 PM
What a great picture of him post-run! We love all your photos, but that one is special - give him a kiss for me, okay?