PDA

View Full Version : Does your pet like to swim?

Former User
06-24-2002, 03:13 AM
I have to say I have no idea. Casper and Kitty haven't had a chance to try... We've planned to put some water on the tub though and see what happens :D I know Casper loves to play with water but Kitty doesn't.

06-24-2002, 04:53 AM
;) Sydney once jumped into the pond ; my son was walking over the bridge with Sydney in his arms , when all of a sudden the fountain started to work ....... ! Sydney freaked out and jumped away , not realising there was only water around .... .
He swam to the border as soon as he could , where my daughter was ready to rescue him ; we had a great laugh then !! he just looked like a drawned kitten !!! All shivering and dripping from nose to toe .. We put him in a large towel to dry him . Took us quite some time !!
Since then , he is so scared to pass near that pond ; and as to that bridge ?........ !!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2002, 08:13 PM
our lab mixes are water dogs through and through!! Sadie can't get enough!! she loves to play inthe hose or lay in her baby pool, or swim in a pond! Cincy isn't quite as sure about the hose, and can be coaxed into the bay pool...but throw a toy into a pond and she is off and swimmin!!!

Edwina's Secretary
06-25-2002, 10:25 AM
In WATER :eek: :o :eek: :o :eek:

I have a fountain in my roses. The bowl is about waist high and due to technical difficulties with the pump it only trickles right now. Nonetheless Edwina had a FIT when I asked her to sit in the roses -- NEAR WATER!!!!!!!

pupper-lover
06-25-2002, 11:10 AM
My Jakey is a golden through and through. We live directly next to a river, when Jake caught glimpse of that water, I knew I was in trouble. At two months old, he ran away from me (bad dog Jake), and went straight to the river and jumped in. He immediately started paddling around, and was the happiest I had ever seen him. I soon went out and bought a long lease, so he could paddle his bitty fuzzy puppy paws and I could not worry about him being swept away. We have since found a great inlet, where he can swim, and not be effected by the current. Now that he's 15 months old and a strong swimmer, we have started playing fetch off the dock at a nearby park. This dog was born to swim, there is no doubt about that. Whether rain or shine, hot or cold, Jake will dive right in a send a look in my direction to throw a stick for him to fetch.

My other dog, Addie, was petrified of water, as she was of everything else. Now she will wade, if all her doggy friends are doing it. I guess a bit of peer pressure is good for some things.

Sam's My Baby
06-28-2002, 01:10 PM
My duck, Scruffy of course, loves water! lol:p He splashes in water all the time! My gerbil, Sam HATES being in water and will go crazy if she gets any on her fur! My Zebra finches also like to splash in water, but I am not sure if my kitty likes it, he has never tried to jump or stick his paw in water!:p

pupper-lover
06-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Yup!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pab2f54ed97f684eb9226244989f54b42/fd992fe2.jpg

Jake in his natural state.

popcornbird
06-28-2002, 04:58 PM
LOL Puppy lover, you actually let him swim so far into the lake?!? My cockatiels like mist showers but as for baths, one of them loves it as long as the water's warm...the other hates it and screams his head off until he all clean and allowed to get out! :D Well, when a bird needs a bath, a bird gotta bathe whether he likes it or not! :) The other one likes it so much that she sleeps in the water!! Quite relaxing isn't it? Birds can't swim though so there's no yes or no for that. I couldn't vote on this poll because both of my pets have different views about water. :)

popcornbird
06-28-2002, 04:59 PM
By the way, the picture of Jake swimming is beautiful! Maybe you can set it as your computer wallpaper! :D

pupper-lover
06-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
LOL Puppy lover, you actually let him swim so far into the lake?!?

You think that was far, look at this one!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/p510858c2443538eb12cece83ba113720/fd993001.jpg

Actually, I think the wide-lens make it look further than it really is. He is a very strong swimmer, but I do not encourage him to go out more than about 50' (think the width of 5 parking spaces).

And thanks for the photo compliment. I love taking pictures. I'm glad my pups are so photogenic.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Oh, yes, Sadie LOVES to swim!!!:) ;) It's so much fun to watch her swim!

Labs love water!!!

lovemymaltese
07-02-2002, 02:12 PM
Tango hates to swim, water is not one of his favorite things. He prefers to be dry and petted.

sottice
07-09-2002, 02:12 PM
I have 4 dogs, and all of them but one loves to swim. We live about half a mile from the lake and we take them swimming fairly often.
Tramp, a German Shepherd, has a swimming pool of his own. He loves to get in it and just walk around in the water or splash it up on his tummy.
Ashley, a mixed breed, will swim in the lake, but won't get near the pool.
Sottice, a black toy poodle, goes CRAZY at the lake. He runs along the edge of the water, barking and biting the water, then he bails off in the water and swims to whoever is out there swimming.
Anna, a chihuahua, is the only one that thinks all the others are completely nuts. She is a dainty little lady that submits to taking a bath, but does not willing enter a body of water. :D

sujei
07-26-2002, 10:09 PM
well my rats hate the water. x-pecially my large boy nikolai. he's always trying to act so tough but once i give him a bath he turns into the biggest baby and squeeks for mommy to take him out lol:D ;) :rolleyes:

felinequine
07-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Daphne, my mini-dachshund, is afraid of water.she scrambles and is stiff when trying to bathe hard to reach places(back legs,belly,etc.) she's really kinda funny, in a pathetic way. she looks kinda..sad? dont get me wrong, she's not petrified and im forcing her to be in the water.just the usual dog hates a bath.and at a lake she's scrambling to the shore, WIDE EYED.teehee.no cats here like baths, though Celeste is crazy about trickling faucets, toilets and dry bathtubs.(dry sinks are a cool, quiet napzone). I shall quit rambling now!

:D

Puffin83
07-27-2002, 07:58 AM
About 3 days ago George fell into the bathtub at about 4:00 AM, cold and shivering. I had to warm him up, I felt sad for him, but he was so cute!~~~~~~

Rottieluver45
07-27-2002, 11:21 AM
NO!! PJ and Bailey both hate water!!

Andie
07-27-2002, 06:07 PM
Katie loves to hop in the pool w/ us kids
Too bad Momma said no more Puppy Swimming in the pool (there is too many tears in the liner)