PDA

View Full Version : hehehe Drunk wild animals

king2005
01-26-2007, 02:56 PM
No worries, humans wern't involved, its 100% natural & silly to watch

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euCpewQs2c&NR)

BC_MoM
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Funny, but humans most definitely were involved with that giraffe, those boars, and the ostrich. They were walking funny - because they were waking up from being knocked out. ;)

borzoimom
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
oh no... rofl.. Poor animals... lol.. You would think nature would have them not eat the rotting fruit at some point in time.. lol..

king2005
01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Funny, but humans most definitely were involved with that giraffe, those boars, and the ostrich. They were walking funny - because they were waking up from being knocked out. ;)

I don't have sound so if something was said I didn't know... Did it say they were druged??

But the boars were eatting the fruits... or are those different ones?

Now its not as funny

king2005
01-26-2007, 03:07 PM
oh no... rofl.. Poor animals... lol.. You would think nature would have them not eat the rotting fruit at some point in time.. lol..

There are a lot of animals that use plants & bugs to get high.

There is this monkey type animal that will nibble on a millipede so it releases toxins & it rubs the toxins all over its body to get rid of skin parasites.. But in the process its getting very high & enjoying the bug more & more & more. Silly critters

BC_MoM
01-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Sorry, the sound doesn't work on the computer I'm using - but the walk they are doing looks very much like the job of anestethics.

There are a lot of animals that use plants & bugs to get high.

Can you really say "to get high"? I've never heard of animal purposely trying to get high like a human does. What advantage would they have? I can think of many disadvantages.

king2005
01-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry, the sound doesn't work on the computer I'm using - but the walk they are doing looks very much like the job of anestethics.

Can you really say "to get high"? I've never heard of animal purposely trying to get high like a human does. What advantage would they have? I can think of many disadvantages.

it feels good...

The monkey thing didn't need to keep bitting the bug.. it just kept bitting it & drooling & bitting it more & drooling more... its eyes were all weird, wasn't sitting all that well & it just kept bitting it & drooling... it was a really long documentary... Just like Bonobos like to have/give sex for pleasure. Bonobos go beyond mating, they do a lot of human type stuff, was freaky when i saw that documentary.

I'm prob wrong(I know jack about cats), but don't Cats like catnip casue its a drug for them?

areias
01-26-2007, 03:28 PM

It says that the fruit falls off, rots, and then the animals eat it-it ferments into a sort of alcoholic brew. You know, you can make wine by letting grapes ferment in the sun. :)

Have you ever heard of a horse that windsucks? They lock their mouths on a piece of wood or something, breathe in deep and pull down...the air rushes to their brains and makes them high. Then they do it over and over, and it becomes habitual. They'e actually looking for a high.

king2005
01-26-2007, 03:34 PM
It says that the fruit falls off, rots, and then the animals eat it-it ferments into a sort of alcoholic brew. You know, you can make wine by letting grapes ferment in the sun. :)

Have you ever heard of a horse that windsucks? They lock their mouths on a piece of wood or something, breathe in deep and pull down...the air rushes to their brains and makes them high. Then they do it over and over, and it becomes habitual. They'e actually looking for a high.

If I recal, can't just about any fruit be turned into alcohol just by rotting in the sun?

Horses can get drunk off of formenting apples... too many apple trees in a field = a drunk horsie LOL

Neat didn't know horses did that!

BC_MoM
01-26-2007, 04:30 PM
LOL.. windsucking.. maybe we should try it. ;)

areias
01-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Here's a medical description of it:
A horse is said to be cribbing when it grasps a solid object like a fence rail, tree stump, or even its own foreleg with its front teeth, arches its neck, and then gulps to force air into its throat. The horse may follow the gulp with licking or chewing and sometimes removes bits of fence with each bite. The horse will brace itself with its forelegs and the throat will expand it gulps. There is usually a distinctive ‘glug’ sound with each gulp. Research suggests that horses receive a hit of endorphins when they crib, and become addicted to the habit. Cribbing is similar to obsessive-compulsive disorders in humans. The scientific name for wind sucking is aerophagia.

LOL sounds good to me. :)

critter crazy
01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Here's a medical description of it:
A horse is said to be cribbing when it grasps a solid object like a fence rail, tree stump, or even its own foreleg with its front teeth, arches its neck, and then gulps to force air into its throat. The horse may follow the gulp with licking or chewing and sometimes removes bits of fence with each bite. The horse will brace itself with its forelegs and the throat will expand it gulps. There is usually a distinctive ‘glug’ sound with each gulp. Research suggests that horses receive a hit of endorphins when they crib, and become addicted to the habit. Cribbing is similar to obsessive-compulsive disorders in humans. The scientific name for wind sucking is aerophagia.

LOL sounds good to me. :)

very funny video!! gotta love those natural highs!! he he he he he!!

I had a horse that cribbed, quite annoying actually, and very hard to fix!

DrKym
01-27-2007, 01:35 AM
it feels good...

The monkey thing didn't need to keep bitting the bug.. it just kept bitting it & drooling & bitting it more & drooling more... its eyes were all weird, wasn't sitting all that well & it just kept bitting it & drooling... it was a really long documentary... Just like Bonobos like to have/give sex for pleasure. Bonobos go beyond mating, they do a lot of human type stuff, was freaky when i saw that documentary.

I'm prob wrong(I know jack about cats), but don't Cats like catnip casue its a drug for them?
the monkey in question are lemurs.

and yes they are actually high when they continue to eat and bite at the bug.As with all chemically induced states the desire to continue the state overrides the disadvantages, i.e. they fact that they are prey and now they are easier prey.