PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Sugar for Monday! 2d Update post 16

Freedom
01-26-2007, 02:33 PM
This Monday, Jan 29th, I will take Sugar in for her cataract surgery. I have to drop her off by 7:30 AM.

She will go in completely blind on the left eye; and she will come home about 6 PM with full sight! ASSUMING all goes well. So please start those PT prayers for her, as I KNOW they work!

I gave her a bath yesterday and today I took her in for her first trim since she arrived here. She has a short cut as the surgeon said no groomer's visits for 5 weeks after the surgery. (I made the appt for 6 weeks.)

As of today, I am giving her eye drops in the left eye 3 times per day. She has been getting the drop once per day for the past 3 weeks leading up to this surgery.

As she has between 25% and 30% sight in the right eye, they won't do anything on that side at this time. It's the old "physician: do no harm," since she has some sight and with surgery there is always the possibility something goes wrong, they won't do it now.

Once she comes home on Monday, she will have to wear an Elizabethan collar for a WEEK (this should be interesting!) And she will need eye drops as much as 4 times per day for a few weeks; won't know all the details until I pick her up. Actually, she may be fine with the collar, she is so gentle with everything else.

I just remember when I had my cat Dazzle neutered, he came home with a collar and was "supposed" to wear it 3 days. He learned to get it off in 20 seconds flat! Dad and I took turns and stayed up with him the whole night that first night. By noon the next day we were exhausted and Dazzle had moved on to interest in other things so we took the collar off for good.

I am really excited for Sugar, she has been totally blind on the left for at least a year. But I'm also nervous, it IS touchy surgery!!! So please everyone, keep her in your thoughts. Thanks.
Sandra

elizabethann
01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I will pray for Sugar.

Best of luck on your surgery Sugar.

borzoimom
01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Prayers on the way! I am sure she will be fine! And I am glad its operative. Get ready Sugar- you are going to have a whole new world..

Daisy and Delilah
01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
We hope you do really well cute girl. We'll keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers :)

cyber-sibes
01-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Prayers on their way for little Sugar! I've researched cataracts because of Sherman's condition, and from what I've read, doing surgery on just one eye will really improve her quality of life. We'll be waiting to hear how she does. :)

chocolatepuppy
01-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I will keep you in my prayers Sugar. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

IRescue452
01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll be hoping for the surgery to go well and good results :) Good luck Sugar.

fritz03
01-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Best Wishes from Fritz and Barry(fritz03) to Sugar for a complete recovery.We will be thinking about you. :cool:

pitc9
01-27-2007, 07:37 AM
We'll be thinking of you on Monday!

Ginger's Mom
01-27-2007, 09:36 AM
I will be sending out good thoughts and prayers. I am sure Sugar will make out just fine.

Freedom
01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Just received the phone call from the surgeon. Sugar did fine with the surgery and with the anesthesia. She is awake and looking around.

I can pick her up after 5 PM.

Thanks all for your good vibes, thoughts, prayers. PT does WORK!!!
Sandra

borzoimom
01-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Just received the pohone call form the surgeon. Sugar did fine with the surgery and with the anesthesia. She is awake and looking around.

I can pick her up after 5 PM.

Thanks all for your good vibes, thoughts, prayers. PT does WORK!!!
Sandra
OH THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!

Daisy and Delilah
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!! Relax little girl and get well!! :)

pitc9
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Great News!!

jazzcat
01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
That is very good news!

Freedom
01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Sugar is home, woozie but happy and with full vision in her left eye! Yippee! Success!!

now we jsut have to get through a few weeks of eye drops, should be easy with this girl.

Again, thanks so much to all for your support.
Sandra

Ginger's Mom
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Yay, I am so happy to hear that everything went well. What a lucky girl she is to have found such a caring homr. I think she will improve quickly now. :)

borzoimom
01-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Sugar is home, woozie but happy and with full vision in her left eye! Yippee! Success!!

now we jsut have to get through a few weeks of eye drops, should be easy with this girl.

Again, thanks so much to all for your support.
Sandra
FANTASTIC!!!

Daisy and Delilah
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!! We hope you get all better soon sweetie!! :)

critter crazy
01-29-2007, 08:34 PM
YAY!!!! good for Sugar! that is awsome News!!!:D