PDA

View Full Version : Fun day tomorrow!!

Sirrahsim
01-26-2007, 10:09 AM
The weather in Oklahoma City decided not to cooperate well enough for us to take a trip to the zoo so instead we are going into Dallas.
We have heard great things about the Dallas World Aquarium and it is indoors so we won't freeze our bottoms off :rolleyes:
They have TONS of animals and fish. They have a tunnel that you can walk through where you can look up and see sharks swimming all around you! They even have a free-flight aviary where tropical birds fly all around you.
They even have penguins and monkeys and jaguars. The whole thing is divided into different geographic regions and looks like a giant rainforest.
At their website they have 3 live cameras capturing manatees, birds, and otters that you can watch.
http://www.dwazoo.com/info.html

Afterwards we are going to the Purple Cow Restaurant which is supposed to be a great family spot :D They have an old fashioned soda fountain and a huge model train that will drive Tyler wild.

It's so nice to be able to just pick up and go. Taking a 2.5 hour car trip in Japan would have been a nightmare but here in the states it is SO much easier. :D

Queen of Poop
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I have been to the Dallas World Aquarium! It's AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, WONDERFUL. One thing to keep in mind. It is very humid. So if your hair does weird things in the humidity - be prepared.

Sirrahsim
01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
thanks for the tip :) I was planning on straightening my hair but if it's humid it will end up in a riot of curls :D Sounds like a day for letting my hair dry curly and happy :D

Daisy and Delilah
01-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Sounds like alot of fun!! I hope you guys enjoy it :)