PDA

View Full Version : Toilet is blocked... HELP...

king2005
01-26-2007, 08:10 AM
2 days ago i used the toilet twice while no one was home. It worked just fine. Then the boys came home & it is now blocked... The plundger isn't helping at all.. not even a little bit... All 3 of us are still young & not too sure what the heck to do & don't really want to call a plumber, as were low on $$ as its the end of the month & we spent too much on the new dogs(we we're baaaaaaad).

I was thinking of buying a snake... does anyone know approx. the price of a snake compaired to a plumber?

I wont touch the snake, as I have some retarded phobia of it. My dad use to have to keep it out of sight other wise I wouldn't go anywhere I could see it... Just thinking of this thing, is freaking me out :rolleyes:

borzoimom
01-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Oh a snake will do the trick..
We have 4 bathrooms- and last year the most infrequent used one clogged up- it would run but very slow. After trying the plunger rountines etc, he got out the snake and 25 feet down snagged something- pulled it up.. it uh was one of Zubins rubber bones... My husband said a few more feet it would have hit the septic tank and then we would have had a real mess on our hands.
As far as cost- I do not know compared to a plumber, but a snake is one of those things- once paid for it saves all the future service calls etc..

king2005
01-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Oh a snake will do the trick..
We have 4 bathrooms- and last year the most infrequent used one clogged up- it would run but very slow. After trying the plunger rountines etc, he got out the snake and 25 feet down snagged something- pulled it up.. it uh was one of Zubins rubber bones... My husband said a few more feet it would have hit the septic tank and then we would have had a real mess on our hands.
As far as cost- I do not know compared to a plumber, but a snake is one of those things- once paid for it saves all the future service calls etc..

A snake it is.

Are they easy to use??

RedHedd
01-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Do you own or rent? If you rent, call the building manager.

king2005
01-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Do you own or rent? If you rent, call the building manager.

We rent.
Should the building manager fix it for free? We're inexperienced in this aswell.. GAH being young sucks at times lol

EDIT:
toilet info (http://www.cidnetwork.com/toilet/plugged.htm)
Just incase the manager wont do it for free.. Is this site accurate? I'm only interested inthe plunger/snake part.. NOT the removal of a toilet.. I'm not crazy lol

borzoimom
01-26-2007, 08:39 AM
We rent.
Should the building manager fix it for free? We're inexperienced in this aswell.. GAH being young sucks at times lol
They should fix it.. at least call..

king2005
01-26-2007, 08:48 AM
They should fix it.. at least call..

Chad is coming here soon to trade me cars. I'll tell him to call the manager when he has a free min today, as they might fix it for free :)

I hope they do.

I thought the toilet was always slow since we moved in (not slow slow, just slower then I'm use to), so maybe there was a build up from before & we just happened to get the block. I hope nothing fell into the toilet & we didn't notice.. that would suck

Freedom
01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Dad owned rental property for 25 eyars. Tenants call about EVERYTHING. A plumbing issue gets fixed; CALL. Landlords want to take care of problems BEFORE they escalate.

Just CALL, it will get you on the list. This being Friday, you REALLY need to call NOW, as it costs the landlord more for a Saturday job.

king2005
01-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Dad owned rental property for 25 eyars. Tenants call about EVERYTHING. A plumbing issue gets fixed; CALL. Landlords want to take care of problems BEFORE they escalate.

Just CALL, it will get you on the list. This being Friday, you REALLY need to call NOW, as it costs the landlord more for a Saturday job.

Thanks guys :D
I told Chad what you guys told me & Karen happened to be in the car (she lives about 10 units down in the other building, but same housing).. She said it is 100% free... Chad's going to call :D

Thanks Everyone :D

Catty1
01-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Even a friendly handy-person neighbour might know how to use a snake. And own one.

Good luck!

RedHedd
01-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Why don't you call? It's never too soon to get a backbone. Ah, kids these days :rolleyes:

king2005
01-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Even a friendly handy-person neighbour might know how to use a snake. And own one.

Good luck!

I live in a getto, I'm scared of all my neighbours! Nobody talks to anyone else out of fear (its quite stupid really, but I'm following the rules).

Catty1
01-26-2007, 10:24 AM
ooo....ok.....you might get a python.... :eek:

king2005
01-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Why don't you call? It's never too soon to get a backbone. Ah, kids these days :rolleyes:

I don't have the # to the managers office. Karen has to call her b/f to get it & shes with Chad so theres no point in calling me, to inturupt my work, when Chad can do it.

+ I don't do so well with strangers on the phone, my Anxiety starts acting up, then I studder, mumble, wisper, & pause a lot. Thats why I try to do everything online (easier on my poor chest & head)... I'm lucky to have Chad, he does pretty much all my phone calls for me (or with me), or goes with me to places, like the bank, or store. I'm getting better, I'm just not there yet.

+ I've moved twice in a very short time & still stressed from both those moves & bordering a breakdown... Not good... Last night was pretty bad... lots of pacing... Blah

king2005
01-26-2007, 10:32 AM
ooo....ok.....you might get a python.... :eek:

Or a double barrel shotgun LOL
That was todays joke :D :p

Catty1
01-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I just double-checked where you are...I thought it might be Scarberia! :D

king2005
01-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I just double-checked where you are...I thought it might be Scarberia! :D

I'm in a poor city filled with stupid gangs that enjoy to kill each other :rolleyes: