PDA

View Full Version : Rally-O brag!

wolfsoul
01-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Not exactly a trial brag, just a class one!

Solo had his first rally-o class today! He was AMAZING, I couldn't even believe it. His heel is absolute dead-on perfect! His rear movement when I turn, WOW.

I was a little worried taking him to rally-o --- one of the instructors is very adamant about how the dogs must be trained, and Solo is only four months old. But he was just great -- we did the entire course perfectly. The only thing he needs to work on is to down by my side -- when I down him in heel position he moves in front of me and downs sideways lol. And occasionally he will jump up while he's heeling. But otherwise he is just wondeful. He heels much better than his mother for sure.

The instructor gave me so many compliments, I am so proud. She said she could barely get her dog to do any of that at 4 years, and at 4 months, he is a very special dog. :D

So I am going to enter him in the coming up rally-o trials in March and April, which I believe will make him the youngest Belgian in CARO to get a rally-o title, if he does title. :D So proud of him!

BC_MoM
01-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Sounds like he did an excellent job! So did you!
But ~ what's Rally-O? :confused:

wolfsoul
01-25-2007, 11:31 PM
what's Rally-O? :confused:
Rally Obedience is a sport that sort of involves both obedience and agility. It's more fun than regular obedience, as you get to talk to your dog and encourage it the whole time. Right now we are only at the novice stage, so there is only obedience involved. There is a course set up with signs that tell us what to do -- so, we approach a sign, and it might say "sit" in which case the dog would have to sit, "About turn," "Sit, Down, Walk-Around (the dog)" etc. The signs tell you which way to turn so that you end up tthe finish line. It's alot of fun! :)

BC_MoM
01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Oooh... I see!! That does sound more funny than stuffy ol' obedience, lol! :p

.sarah
01-25-2007, 11:48 PM
That's awesome Jordan! Solo must be such a good puppy. Nova and I have our first Rally trial in two weeks ... I need to start practicing with her :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-25-2007, 11:59 PM
That's awesome! Solo sounds like a great pup. I can hardly wait until I can get into Rally-O; hopefully my puppy will catch on as quick as Solo. :)

borzoimom
01-26-2007, 08:42 AM
THAT IS AWESOME!! WAY TO GO SOLO!! And so young too that is just wonderful news! :D