PDA

View Full Version : Ten Commandments Of A Responsible Pet Owner

critter crazy
01-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Ten Commandments Of A Responsible Pet Owner

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me.

4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment, you have your work, your friends and your entertainment. I ONLY HAVE YOU.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand the words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me, perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun to long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old, You too will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or " let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for ME If you are there. Remember, I LOVE YOU...

3GSDMom
01-25-2007, 10:17 PM
That is too cute. I recieved a paper with that on it when I adopted my Katy girl 5 years ago. Just found it recently and read it again. :)

lute
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
That is really cute. I wish that everyone that thought of owning a dog got to read this!

borzoimom
01-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I have read this before- and actually a small copy is framed and uh in the guest rooms... teehee.. lol.. Between that, the attached sign at the front door and at the fireplace, and how we treat our dogs- I think we get the point across..

chocolatepuppy
01-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I've seen that before, but it is well worth reading again. :)

Zippy
01-26-2007, 03:40 PM
I have read that many times but it is alwas worth reading again.Thanks for posting it.

whomeee
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I dont remember if ive ever read this befor but its great and I agree with Lute that everyone wanting to get a dog should read this.

Miss Z
01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Amen! Thanks for posting that! :D

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.

That one is so true, and I wish that some people bore this thought in mind more often :(

Taz_Zoee
01-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Bruce's mom gave us a copy of this when DJ passed. It is posted on our fridge. :)
Everytime I read it I get teary eyed.