PDA

View Full Version : Wal-mart *UPDATE*

BC_MoM
01-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Wal-mart just called. Guess what? They want to know if I want a part-time job in their shoe department, temporarily, until the end of April. Of course, being unemployed again, I said yes ~ and I have an interview tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I know NOTHING about shoes.. so I'm not sure how long I'll last!

This is the way I like it though - sitting on my butt at home, until someone calls offering me a job, without me doing any work.

Wouldn't that be nice? :D Haha

borzoimom
01-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Well lets see - most of it- does it fit... lol.. and if I remember Kenny shoes from when I was in college- and having a daughter, kids shoes are one size up from what they measure to one and a half sizes bigger.. So if they measure a 2 its a 3 for a girl- 3 and half for a boy... And always make sure there is a left and right shoe of the same shoe same size..

critter crazy
01-25-2007, 04:27 PM
i aint never seen a walmart employee in the shoe dept, do anything but stock shelves, so i tink you will do just fine!!!:D

everytime i am in Wal-mart I am offered a job, (used to work there years ago)but since it is 45 mins away, i am not sure if it would be worth my time, working part time.

Craftlady
01-25-2007, 04:29 PM
At most Walmart, workers in those departments are just there to help you find things or stock.

borzoimom
01-25-2007, 04:31 PM
At most Walmart, workers in those departments are just there to help you find things or stock.
Yea they are like that here too.. They do help with childrens sizes sometimes..

Freedom
01-25-2007, 05:12 PM
You speak English. You will be WAY ahead of most of the teens working at my WalMart. I think they talk in IM language; I haven't got a clue!! :rolleyes:

Alysser
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Jess, is this the same Wal-mart who basically "used" you?? I wouldn't go back if I were you. Maybe find a different wal-mart?

What does temporary mean? As they will fire you in April? or will you be promoted or put somewhere else? :confused:

BC_MoM
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Temporary as in temporary employment which I get a maximum of 3 months work. They will lay me off at the end of April, and it will be my choice to re-apply and return again or not.

BC_MoM
01-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Yesterday I was ill, so I rescheduled my interview for this morning. The interview went good, I think. The manager was a little creepy, but whatever. He is interviewing one more person this afternoon and he will let me know by Wednesday if I got the job.

Any prayers would be appreciated. I could really use the money. :)

PJ's Mom
01-27-2007, 12:11 PM
I manage a shoe store, and while there's a lot to know about shoes, in Wal Mart, I don't think you'll have to know too much. If you have any questions, let me know.

Good luck!! :)