PDA

View Full Version : What idiot thought this would be a good invention...

ramanth
01-25-2007, 03:10 PM
A Kitty Spa...

*edit* Scared kitty in mechanical pet washer. Watch at own risk*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=15bwhVxw-Bg

:eek:

My two would kill me.

This is the company's website.

http://www.petspausa.com/

Andy and I saw this on Animal Planet being demonstrated on a dog at a Pet Expo in CA. Dogs I can see using it on, but can't imagine how they think a cat wouldn't be stressed out. I know some people with long hair cats take them to be groomed and I'd think the groomer would get clawed more trying to get the cat out of this vs. hand washing.

RedHedd
01-25-2007, 03:12 PM
OMG! :eek: That poor cat!

Husky_mom
01-25-2007, 03:19 PM
they probably thought "hey that way no one gets scratched" but did he thought about scaring to death the poor kitty? I think not!!........poor baby he never knew what happened........I couldnīt bear watching that scary face in my cat, Iīd rather get scratched or simply donīt bathe him.......

critter crazy
01-25-2007, 03:20 PM
That is just so wrong!!!! Think of that poor cats stress level!!:eek: Not tomention, i am sure that poor kitty got water in his ears!! Poor kitty!!:(

DrKym
01-25-2007, 03:21 PM
My cats wouls stage a Coup! omg they saw me waching it and armed themselves with knives..........................

Randi
01-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Good grief!!! :mad: Poor, poor cat!! :( He'll never be normal again. The ones who put him in there should be charged with Animal Cruelty!! :mad:

And anyway, cats don't need baths!!

wolflady
01-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Yikes! :eek: That seems like it would be a little too traumatic for the cat. The poor thing was scared out of its wits!

catmandu
01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
I tried to look it up, but youtube is on hiatus.
Is it the Cat Washing Machine, where the Cats put in , and washed against thier will.
I think like the Who, they would be MMMEEEEOOOWWWING
We dont get fooled again!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1053.jpg

Lizzie
01-25-2007, 03:59 PM
That was sick, truly gut-wrenchingly sick! How on earth could his guardian stand there and watch her cat go through such terror? This is abuse, to my mind, and I would love to stuff her in a commercial washing machine and see how she enjoys being made to smell sweeter.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2007, 04:03 PM
How sick..... :( I hope that this is fake... :rolleyes: :(
Poor cat..........

Kalei
01-25-2007, 04:08 PM
OMG that was horrible! I felt like I was watching a horror movie. That poor cat looked traumatized, like it was gripping for any sign of escape and life.:( The cat could have had a heart attack from how scared it was and also, I bet it got water up its nose and had a hard time breathing with all that fog and water in there. :( I hated watching it, I wish that whoever invented this machine is charged with a fine that will break him so that he can't invent anything but a way to make a box to live on the street :mad:

CathyBogart
01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
It would kill me to see Cupcake so terrified. I've had to bathe her before, and she did NOT like it, but I managed without traumatizing her.

Catty1
01-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Anyone know if this turkey on YouTube was turned in or reported????

Should be easy to trace...if it has a monitor or something....

idiot! :mad:

dukedogsmom
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I was so angry when I saw that that I logged in and made a comment. I gave it a poor rating. I can't believe the amount of people that thought it was funny. Makes me sick. I also can't believe it's at a pet store. Totally ridiculous.

heidiv
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
THIS MAKES ME FEARIOUS!!!! I AM GOING TO FIND THE STUPID WEBSITE AND E_MAIL THEM!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can you even imagine the amount of water that little guy ingested into his lungs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mension his ears and eyes?????? What in the heck is wrong with people! I am just sick to my stomach....

Kalei
01-25-2007, 04:37 PM
THIS MAKES ME FEARIOUS!!!! I AM GOING TO FIND THE STUPID WEBSITE AND E_MAIL THEM!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can you even imagine the amount of water that little guy ingested into his lungs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mension his ears and eyes?????? What in the heck is wrong with people! I am just sick to my stomach....

Me too Heidiv, its absolutely disgusting, I was getting sick just watching it :mad:

Freedom
01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I couldn't watch much of it. as soon as the poor kitty started panicking, that's it, I was off. The is cruelty in my mind, as well. The cat has no way to get away on its own. Poor thing. :(

rosethecopycat
01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Gutwrenching.

I too imagined my Bella caught in there. :( :mad:

And you are NOT supposed to get their heads wet.

Is that machine actually in production?
Can we launch something at that company?

Medusa
01-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Aside from the fact that the poor cat was traumatized and could've been physically injured from all the contorted jumps it was making, this is why animal cruelty, especially to cats, is rampant. People think it's funny to watch a cat panic because s/he jumps high in the air and does back flips, etc. They don't even realize that the cat's stress level can be life threatening. I DO NOT tolerate cat jokes if they demean a cat in any way and if anyone sends me a video portraying a cat in peril, they're on my list forever. These people who thought of this stupid machine should be penalized in some way. Makes me wanna scream!

Blessings,
Mary

Zippy
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
OMG :eek: That poor Kitty. :( I left a comment.:mad:

ramanth
01-25-2007, 05:20 PM
This is the company's website.

http://www.petspausa.com/

Andy and I saw this on Animal Planet being demonstrated on a dog at a Pet Expo in CA. Dogs I can see using it on, but can't imagine how they think a cat wouldn't be stressed out. I know some people with long hair cats take them to be groomed and I'd think the groomer would get clawed more trying to get the cat out of this vs. hand washing.

lizbud
01-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I can't believe that. Stupid, stupid, people. :mad: Seeing the panic and fear of that poor cat made me ill. :(

buttercup132
01-25-2007, 05:30 PM
This dosen't even get the cat clean!! It just makes it soaking wet and gets water up the nose and in the ears. :rolleyes: That has to be the STUPIDEST invention I have ever seen. I went on the site and this made me laugh how could someone so smart be such a idiot. Clearly made for the benifit of people NOT the animals.

Pet's Spa Cabin eliminates the stress produced by current pet cleaning methods Hmm funny cause it isn't stressful doing it the manual way if you do it right...

Argranade
01-25-2007, 05:33 PM
What pet cleaning place would honestly buy one of those I mean that cat was freaked out major!

I don't see how people find that funny either, look on a small bright side - at least that poor cat was not blow dried in that thing ... O.o

Lizzie
01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm going to pass this on to Pasado Safe Haven and the Humane Society for Washington, the two animal advocate organizations in my state. I feel sure it is real. I forced myself to watch the whole thing, first of all to make sure the cat survived (I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd suffered heart failure) and then to put myself in the place of his guardian who appeared to be in front of the machine watching. How on earth could she stand to watch?! I know I couldn't put my cat into such a contratpion, and even if I was persuaded to do so, I would be screaming at them to stop and wrenching at the door the first time the cat threw himself up in panic.

aki
01-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I watched 2 seconds of it and have LES for that poor cat

jennielynn1970
01-25-2007, 07:23 PM
OMG!!! That poor kitty! She/He must have been scared to death! What kind of owners would do that to an animal they loved?! They shouldn't even be allowed to have fish! :mad: :mad: :mad:

BC_MoM
01-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Dang, tried posting a comment but it has to be approved ~ and I know it won't be.

You're sick. This is what they have GROOMERS for. Clearly, you have no love for animals ~ and you have NO compassion. Praying that cat flees from these creatures and finds a LOVING home.

Catty1
01-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Just send an email. I did.

I wonder if it is just made for dogs - that is all I see on the website - and they might be REALLY interested in knowing about its hurtful misuse???

[email protected]

rg_girlca
01-25-2007, 07:44 PM
OMG, this had me in tears and I only watched it for a few seconds.
I posted a comment and hope that it goes through.

I can't get over the idiotic comments from people who thought this was so damn funny. What a bunch of sick MOTHER F^&*^&S :mad: This is animal cruelty. Seeing that poor innocent kitty so frightened right from the beginning when the water started to come in, is so heartwrenching.

I will be writing to the company also. :mad:

BC_MoM, I don't see anything wrong with your comment for it not to go through. I viewed ALL the comments and believe me, there was one there that never should have been allowed.

heidiv
01-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Went onto the site and found out stupid idiot people think the freaking machine is a great way to bathe their animals!!!! What in gods great earth would make you think this is humane. Yeah they state the stupid thing was created by vets!!!!! I know for a fact that my vet wouldn't approve of that!!!!! Its horrible! Poor baby I wish I could find you and take you were you will not be subjected to any more torcher...... This still makes me so MAD!!!

columbine
01-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I emailed the ASPCA and asked them if they knew about it.

CultureJunky
01-26-2007, 04:20 AM
That is terrible, and seeing that cat jump in utter terror and fear made me MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
What a bunch of B*****S. They should be done for animal cruelty.
I hate youtube, full of stupid thick dumb people who think videoing people and animals getting hurt and distressed is funny.
W***ers.

ramanth
01-26-2007, 08:35 AM
For those that didn't finish the video, the cat was okay. They are toweling it off which makes me suspect they stopped the "demo" before the machine could dry the cat.

I wonder if it is just made for dogs - that is all I see on the website - and they might be REALLY interested in knowing about its hurtful misuse???

[email protected]
On the website under 'How does it work?', there is a photo of a cat in it. Primarily shows dogs, which I can see using it on...but I just don't see how grooming a cat in this would be seen as a good idea.

It has an emergency off switch. Those demonstrators at the Pet Expo should of stopped it the second the cat flipped out. Or they should of used a dog like at the CA expo.

catmandu
01-26-2007, 08:42 AM
I finally saw that machine, and I was like all Cat Lovers here appalled.
That poor Cat could have easily hurt herself in her panic to get out, thats a very scary thing to be suddenly drenched with water.
A Cat could have a heart attack when suddenly they are being soaked.
I would never , ever do this to a Found Cat , ever!!

sprokett
01-26-2007, 09:23 AM
i wish they put the owner the inventer and the petstore owner in 1 and put it on full for the 1 hour and see wat they feel like this is disgusting gut wrenching videos i could see a dog maybe liking it but a cat ide never be able to let my cats get so traumatised. i think they should be done for animal cruelty and have the cat taken away from them. :( :mad: :( :mad:

sprokett
01-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I emailed the ASPCA and asked them if they knew about it.
could u plz let us know wat the ASPCA come back with plz

sprokett
01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
shall we make sort of a message to the aspca together then we can send 1 to the rspca and to youtube.!!!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2007, 05:09 PM
This is horrible!!!:mad: I'm suprised that the cat didn't have a heart attack.:(

Taz_Zoee
01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
I could not even watch it. It got to the point that the water was coming in and the cat started freaking and I closed the page. Even just watching that little bit brought tears to my eyes.
This is outrageous!!! Unbelievable!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Miss Z
01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
There are some sick, SICK people in the world. The second class of idiots who invent these things, and then the first class that see it as funny. Pathetic sums them up, and they make me want to wretch. :mad:

As one of the comments on youtube for that video said, I bet the cat was feeling like jews did in gas chambers. :(

jennielynn1970
01-27-2007, 06:43 PM

[email protected]

I sent an email 2 days ago... it bounced back last night saying it couldn't be sent, and the mail program gave up trying.

dukedogsmom
01-27-2007, 06:52 PM
You know, I wouldn't even use that on a dog. It's cruel to me on any animal. It still infuriates me that people think it's funny :mad:

Catty1
01-27-2007, 07:35 PM
My email bounced.

Think their email box got a tad overloaded???

rg_girlca
01-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I wasn't able to watch the whole video as it was too disturbing to me, but when I finished reading some of the comments and scrolled back up, yes the cat was being dried off, but did you read the comment right at the end?

"The cat survived and smelled better, but was not a happy cat.

"NO DUH SHERLOCK!!!!!!!"

I am still so infuriated over this and especially about the people who think this is so damn funny.

I sent an e-mail also and mine didn't bounce back. I'm sure they heard from a lot of very angry cat lovers.

kimlovescats
01-27-2007, 07:56 PM
I couldn't even watch it ... had to click out of there!!! :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: That is down right animal CRUELTY!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :(

Lizzie
02-08-2007, 11:14 AM
More information on the pet washing machine from a Yahoo cat group email.
================================================== =====

The video from YouTube and has been pulled. Every major news and cable network carried it. The stupid woman put her yr. old orange and white cat in this box with a glass door - it is a pet washing machine. You put $ in, select amount of time, the metal grate flooring shoots up jets of water and I guess some kind of pet soap. The poor cat was terrified and leaping and twisting and jumping and trying to get out, finally it was exhausted and almost collapsed. The stupid woman hit the red emerg. stop button and took her cat out. She said the pet boutique said her cat would like it. The inventor in FL sells these all over the world for $25,800 and he says his business is ruined, but he has sold a LOT, esp. to pet stores in California....

The manufacturer's contact information is:
Pet Spa USA
www.petspausa.com
Email: [email protected]
4743 NW 72nd Ave, Miami, FL 33166
Phone: 800-973-8772
Fax: 305-594-8755

Medusa
02-08-2007, 11:22 AM
I emailed these people and, of course, I received no reply. His business is ruined...yeah, AFTER he made his bucks. Funny that he sold so many in CA. My son lives in LA and he says that they take animal cruelty in ANY form very seriously there. At any rate, I hope these contraptions are outlawed and banned!

Blessings,
Mary

Freedom
02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
At the time Ramanth initially posted this, I contacted HSUS legislation section. I asked if there was any way they could have these outlawed, and if they could get youtube to take the video down. the reply I received was thet many, many of these have sold; that they agree it is cruel; they have over 300 legilative positions they are working on now, and could not add this one.

I am glad the video is gone. It was horrible, I couldn't watch it all, I had to turn it off very early into it.
Sandra

kitten645
02-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Well I don't know what the deal is but I JUST watched it and it's still there. The website is still up and I sent them an email. I also flagged the video and inappropriate for extreme violence.
All I can say is Karma baby..karma. :mad:

Catlady711
02-08-2007, 02:17 PM
And you are NOT supposed to get their heads wet.

Actually you can get a cats head wet. Outside cats get wet heads all the time, the main difference is water is coming from one direction only, above, in the form of rain, and they can fold down their ears to keep water from getting in. Unlike this supposed 'cat washing machine' which has water coming from all over and underneath.

I bathe my cats 3-4 times per year (cept for Dusty because she's too old and arthritic anymore). I've always washed their heads. I keep the sprayer on a mild spray and hold it close to the top of the head so water trickles down the face and use a wet washcloth for actual cleaning. When I am done I make sure to dry their faces with a towel and clean out the ears in case any water did manage to drip in there.

In my years of doing this with my multitude of cats, none of them have ever had any ear or eye infections from getting their heads wet.

I think it just matters how you do it.

Catlady711
02-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I did find this story from CNN about this 'cat washing machine'

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/smbusiness/kitty_wash/?postversion=2007020208

Pam
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
If that isn't animal abuse I don't know what is. That poor kitty. :(

DrKym
02-08-2007, 04:37 PM
"PETA thinks this hideous contraption belongs in a litter box, where every cat we know would gladly cover it up with sand. Cats need our companionship inside our homes: a window seat, lots of food and plenty of love - not to be shoved into a terrifying and claustrophobic water-soaked machine devised by some cat-loathing, profit-hungry jerks," Lisa Lange, senior vice president of PETA, said in an email.

I find that quote as offensive as the video.

I am certain that in PETAS hands the cat would have been euthanized instead.

Gotta love a hyppocrite, two mouths to speak from and Teflon coated too!

sprokett
02-09-2007, 05:36 AM
could this possibly go to the town hall or some where else because if my bro's see this they will be rolling on the floor with laughter :o (im so embarresed but is it possible???) they like this sort of cruel stuff :( :o