View Full Version : A very important poll

catnapper
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
How do you put your shoes on?

sock, sock, shoe, shoe

or

sock, shoe, sock, shoe

:D

And does it matter which sock goes on first?

Cincy'sMom
01-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Sock, Sock, Shoe, Shoe. I think I usually go left to right

Karen
01-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Me, too - but I had to think about it first! ;)

chocolatepuppy
01-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I usually did socks first, then shoes, not sure if I favor a certain foot first. However, now that's there's a puppy in the house, the way I put them on is as fast as I can! :D

kimlovescats
01-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Sock, sock, shoe, shoe, I'm not sure but I "think" I put the right sock on first.

Lady's Human
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Is this Pet talk or All in the Family?

(There was an episode where archie and meathead had a looooong argument about this....LOL)

cmayer31
01-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe. :D

Kfamr
01-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Right foot first - sock, shoe
Left foot second - sock, shoe

jenluckenbach
01-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Socks are in bedroom (upstairs) and shoes are by the door (downstairs) so it would be difficult to alternate. :rolleyes: So

sock, sock.......shoe, shoe.

either foot first.

slick
01-24-2007, 07:08 PM
sock sock.....shoe shoe
always the right foot first

Is this Pet talk or All in the Family? (There was an episode where archie and meathead had a looooong argument about this....LOL)
Yes, I remember that episode. It was one of the funniest ones I've seen and I'm an All in the Family addict. Too bad it's not on anymore.

Kalei
01-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Haha, this poll is awesome, just the right thing to make someone smile:)

k9krazee
01-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Sock, Sock, Shoe, Shoe. And socks must go on before pants.

kittycats_delight
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM

no no no no no :o pants first. :p

I can't imagine putting on my socks and then my pants. lol

pants first...then sock, sock, shoe, shoe...left foot always first. :rolleyes:

Almita
01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
sock. sock. shoe. shoe. left foot first than right foot.

ramanth
01-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Option #1! :D

dukedogsmom
01-24-2007, 08:44 PM
This is hilarious! I do sock, shoe, sock, shoe. Always the right foot first. Funny, I've never really thought about it before.

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I do this too.:)

catnapper
01-24-2007, 08:53 PM
:D I was trying to put on my shoes this afternoon and grabbed the right shoe first... spent 10 minutes looking for the left because the left HAS to go on first. The world might crash and burn if I put the right on first. Thats what made me think of this poll LOL

Hmmmm... I never really thought about which went on first, socks or pants. I would say either based on where I was when I started to get dressed (near the closet or near the dresser)

BC_MoM
01-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Sock, sock, shoe, shoe!! :p

Lizzie
01-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Most of those of us who opted for sock, sock, shoe, shoe, start with same foot every time, start with the left foot (as I do). Is that because most of us are right-handed? It would feel weird starting with the right foot but I've done it on occasion. I always put my socks on first and then pants otherwise rolling the pant leg down over the sock can cause the sock to roll down also - uncomfortable!

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-24-2007, 09:35 PM
I voted for sock, sock, shoe, shoe. Always the left foot first for some reason too.

However, my socks are always on long before I put my shoes on.

BitsyNaceyDog
01-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Have you been watching All In The Family? There's an episode where Archie and Mike had this very discussion (well, argument).

I do sock, sock, shoe, shoe. I don't think it matters which foot is first, I've honestly never paid much attention to it. I usually put my socks on in the bedroom and then got get my shoes from the closet by the front door and I put them on there.

EDIT: I just noticed that Lady's Human had already mentioned the All In The Family episode. :)

Reachoutrescue
01-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Sock, Sock, Shoe, Shoe. Doesn't matter which order....I'm not picky.

cassiesmom
01-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh, my goodness! A friend of mine noticed while on vacation that I was doing right sock, right shoe; left sock, left shoe. She thought that was backwards and I should do it the other way: sock, sock, shoe and shoe. I think I went for sock and shoe, sock and shoe because I was getting clean socks from my suitcase, then picking up my shoes and sitting down to put both my socks and shoes on. She said the same thing about the "All in the Family" episode.

This is my routine: Right sock, left sock; right pant leg, left pant leg. If I try to do the left pant leg first I get discombobulated! Shoes come after pants because they are closest to the door - because it's been snowing out, so my shoes are in the boot tray which is right by the door. Same thing with a jacket or overcoat - right sleeve, left sleeve. I'm a "switched" lefty.

JALB
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Other; because I am almost always wearing socks.

lute
01-24-2007, 11:18 PM
sock, sock, shoe, shoe. I'm normally chasing my shoes around the room...in the mouth of Charlie. :rolleyes:

Catty1
01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
*****...then you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself about - that's what it's all about! ....***** :D

vinjashira
01-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Socks are in bedroom (upstairs) and shoes are by the door (downstairs) so it would be difficult to alternate. :rolleyes: So

sock, sock.......shoe, shoe.

either foot first.
same here :D

Killearn Kitties
01-25-2007, 03:59 AM
Well it's very spooky that you should ask this today, because I am fairly sure that I normally do right sock left sock right shoe left shoe, but only this morning I put on my right sock right shoe, then left sock left shoe, and I have no idea why!

I'm not too fussed about the pants issue, that is assuming that by pants you mean what I would call trousers, and not knickers, which is what pants are to me. :D Obviously I always put my knickers on before my trousers. I'm not Superman.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2007, 05:23 AM
That is an easy one! I always put on fresh socks while sitting on the toilet :D . Then I get dressed, and last things I put on are my shoes :)

Cataholic
01-25-2007, 08:20 AM
I don't wear shoes in the house, soooooo, socks are on LONG before shoes. I nearly almost always wear socks- summer, winter, etc. I just like the feel of socks on my feet.

When I am dressing Jones and we are going out right away, I do put on sock, shoe, sock, shoe. Otherwise? He will pull off the other one to irritate me. He he he...little pistol that he is.

sirrahbed
01-25-2007, 08:21 AM
What a funny thread!!

I tried the right foot first as an experiment and it just does not feel right!! It MUST be left sock, left shoe, right sock, right shoe.

I have sciatica in my right hip so it hurts to bring that foot up. I am guessing that is why I do the easy side first. It seems that most put on the right first - like Lizzie I am wondering if it relates to our handedness :)

borzoimom
01-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Sock, Sock, Shoe, Shoe. I think I usually go left to right
Me too- my left leg is the one with the plate, and always cold.. But I actually do not wear shoes around the house.. lol. But if I did put on shoes- its always the left foot again first..

Anita Cholaine
01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Sock, sock, shoe shoe. I don't think I go with a certain foot first, maybe I do, but I haven't really noticed it :p

pitc9
01-25-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm sock, sock, (then finish getting ready for work) then shoe, shoe.
Doesn't matter right or left first.
.. :confused: humm.. at least I don't THINK it matters right or left first... I'll have to make a mental note tomorrow morning! ;)

mruffruff
01-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Sock, sock, shoe, shoe, either one first. Pants after socks but before shoes. Pantlegs don't always scootch up my leg far enough to put socks (or knee-highs) as high as they should be. Now, for bedtime, the socks go on after PJ pants and over the legs so they don't slide apart and leave a cold strip lol :D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I always put my socks on first- I usually wear socks all day (except in warm weather) but I only wear shoes outside. I don't think I have an order for putting my shoes on- but I think I prefer my left first... :D

Argranade
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I chose Other --

I usualy forget to wear socks .. once I even forgot to wear my shoes lol, :o

When I do put socks and shoes on it's always socks then shoes.

GreyhoundGirl
01-25-2007, 05:27 PM
LAMO!!! Of all the PT polls... haha

Port sock

starboard sock

come down stairs

port shoe

Starboard shoe.

lol- not on purpose though, it is just harder to tye your laces with your non dominant hand, so I do it first. :p Also my shoes are downstairs so I can't go sock-shoe-sock-shoe without hopping one-legged downstairs and up stairs a few times. lol

dogzr#1
01-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Sock, Sock, shoe shoe. Don't notice which one I do first. I'm not too picky about it though.

gini
01-26-2007, 12:55 AM
I thought about this thread all day as I was working and it made me laugh.

Here is my answer..................what are socks?:D

Randi
01-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Now Gini, you have got me looking for socks again! :D I really do need new socks. A few years ago, I bought some really good ones in London, called Burlington, they were SO comfy!! The ones with mostly Cotton and Elastane, I find the best. I hate too much Polyamide or Nylon in them.

These below are quite similar I think, only I prefer them black. Think I’m gonna order some, now that I found this site.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=BR-2015

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FKE-47686&mci=&size=&colour=&image=pm_fke-47686

close up....
http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=FLK-47673

Note! 98% Cotton 2% Elastane

As for putting socks and shoes on, I go sock, sock, shoe, shoe - right first. I can’t believe anyone putting shoes on before pants! :eek:

Also, when it comes to jacket or coat, right sleeve first, please! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Made a special note to check this morning!

Right sock, left sock, right shoe, left shoe :D

Felicia's Mom
01-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Left sock, right sock, left shoe right shoe.

Lizzie
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
As for putting socks and shoes on, I go sock, sock, shoe, shoe - right first. I can’t believe anyone putting shoes on before pants! :eek:

Also, when it comes to jacket or coat, right sleeve first, please! :D

Now, I'm confused about why I do things the way I do them. What mental quirk is going on in my brain? I feel most comfortable putting a sock on my left foot first, and I put my left boot/shoe/slipper on first, but I put my right arm into the sleeve of my coat first.

As for wearing only socks in the house and no shoes, I only wear shoes outside but I do wear slippers inside. Stepping on feline pine or hairballs or wet tea bags that the kittens have pulled out of the sink and left on the floor is far too uncomfortable for me to be socks-only except on the sofa or in bed.

Edited to add: Now, Gini, surely you hunted out some socks during your recent cold snap?

Felicia's Mom
01-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Left sock, right sock, left shoe right shoe.

I must change that. It should be: Left sock, right sock, right shoe, left shoe.

M&M's Mommy
01-28-2007, 10:40 AM
am i the only one that (almost) never wear socks?? In fact, I don't own any. (Luckily I live in So. Cal, where the weather permits this). In the very rare occassions when I need socks, I borrow it from my hubby :)

In this case, it's right sock, left sock, right shoe, left shoe.