PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally getting LASIK

beeniesmom
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Remember this thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=87002&highlight=lasik

Well, I got my appointment finally.
I'm having it done Feb. 26th in Virginia.
I'm so scared.
carmen

borzoimom
01-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh wow- Virginia??? hmm.. Virginia is noted for having some of the best doctors you do know that.. The high incomes here attracts doctors like a magnet..
I wanted to get this done having worn glasses most of my life- but I am not a candidate they say- so if you have an appointment- you must be! In prayers and good luck..

My Peanuts
01-24-2007, 12:14 PM
It's the best thing I ever did. It's awesome!

Good luck.

beeniesmom
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, in Virginia Beach. My hubby has already had it done at Apecs there so he knows the doctor who will do mine.
Soooo nervous.
I don't know if we are flying or driving and if we are taking the puppers.

My peanuts: Were you able to see right after?
Would bringing the dogs be a bad idea?

Borzoimom, where in Va are you and why aren't you a candidate?
How long ago did you have a pre screen?
A lot has changed in the past few years.

Lobodeb
01-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Oh, that's fantastic, Carmen! I'm thrilled for you! :D

critter crazy
01-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Awsome!!! hubby and i both did it about 6 yrs ago, and it was the best thing ever!! just to be able to wake up and see the alarm clock, without having to fumble for glasses was a godsend! :D

Too bad i am back wearing glasses again, due to macular degeneration!:(

Daisy and Delilah
01-24-2007, 12:38 PM
CONGRATS CARMEN!!! That's fabulous. My daughter had it done over here in Lake Mary, FL. She hasn't regretted it for a minute. Me and my son got to watch the surgery. I almost fainted but she didn't have any discomfort whatsoever. It was all good :)

beeniesmom
01-24-2007, 12:46 PM
CONGRATS CARMEN!!! That's fabulous. My daughter had it done over here in Lake Mary, FL. She hasn't regretted it for a minute. Me and my son got to watch the surgery. I almost fainted but she didn't have any discomfort whatsoever. It was all good :)

Thanks for letting me know she had no discomfort.
I'm worried I'll try to scratch my eyes out.
I hope they sedate me well. :P

critter crazy
01-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for letting me know she had no discomfort.
I'm worried I'll try to scratch my eyes out.
I hope they sedate me well. :P

well when i went you are awake the whole five minutes it takes! he he he he! yes they numb your eyes! It is actually realy cool, it is like watching a realy cool laser show, up close!!!!!:D

Daisy and Delilah
01-24-2007, 01:04 PM
No problem!! She was as cool as a cucumber while we were stressing. They let the family members watch the whole thing. She went to the Filutowski Clinic. Have you heard of it? Dr. Filutowski is great!! :)

beeniesmom
01-24-2007, 01:08 PM
No, I've never heard of it.
I'm going here: http://www.aapecs.com/

borzoimom
01-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, in Virginia Beach. My hubby has already had it done at Apecs there so he knows the doctor who will do mine.
Soooo nervous.
I don't know if we are flying or driving and if we are taking the puppers.

My peanuts: Were you able to see right after?

Borzoimom, where in Va are you and why aren't you a candidate?
How long ago did you have a pre screen?
A lot has changed in the past few years.
I live in the Shenandoahs. But about 60 miles from Northern Va...
I was not a candidate because I have a stigmatism in my left eye, and a prism is needed in my right. They said they could one but not the other, and would still need glasses to read.. I wish I could have it. My husband is near sigthed so they fixed on eye and after two days he can drive without glasses and they adjust to read.. Its amazing what they can do.
Virginia beach is noted for excellent doctors. If you werent about 3-4 hours away- we could do a pt meet as I can now drive ( YAYAAAAAAAAA!!)...
MY pre screen was last year- I am afraid- well I am stuck..

RedHedd
01-24-2007, 01:44 PM
I just got back from my eye doctors (again) and they mentioned laser surgery AGAIN. These are some pretty amazing doctors here at UCSF. My case is delicate because I have dry eye syndrome and don't have a natural blink, however the corneal scars they will be trying to correct are very superficial so they're hoping it's doable. I'd be scared, but excited at the same time. We'll be praying for you for a wonderful result.

My Peanuts
01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=beeniesmom]My peanuts: Were you able to see right after?

[QUOTE]

I could see right after but I couldn't see very well. The next morning was when I could really see clearly. You can bring the dogs,if they are good when out of town. You arent going to feel like having them jumping around on you. You aren't going alone, right? Your husband is going?

beeniesmom
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, hubby is going too..... and he is having a tune up as well.
His brother will be taking care of both of us.
Maybe I should see where/who to leave the puppers with.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-25-2007, 04:01 AM
How exciting!! - good luck :D

Cataholic
01-25-2007, 10:50 AM
WAH!! I want this done so badly. BUT, I have other more pressing financial matters first on the plate.

I am so excited for you!

Let's all sing now, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone....." :D

beeniesmom
01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, Hubby and I have been planning this expense for several years now.
It won't be cheap but we figure it'll pay for itself in the sense that every year eye exam plus new glasses is around 400+ dollars. Multiply that over a lifetime and we will actually save in the long run by doing this.