PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from CT...

moosmom
01-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm at the library right now (for OBVIOUS reasons). Davidp is at another computer posting under my screenname (he couldn't remember his password).

We finally met each other after 3 years of communicating via PT. He's a wonderful friend that I hope to have for years to come.

Pat (Cyber-Sibes) was gracious enough to pick David up in PA and drive him to CT where we hooked-up, before she want on her way to RI to meet up with hubby. I'm just glad the weather was in her favor. We are all meeting up again on Saturday for dinner in Webster, MA. Mr. & Mrs. Mayor will be there. I'm hoping Ms. Mayor's brother, Lady's Human will also be there. I love meeting new people from PT!!

David and I went to get a Pepe's pizza, but they were closed!! :(:( So we wound up at Tollis Pizza (not bad but does not compare to Pepe's!)

David was gracious enough to bring a spare "webtv" set up for me. Hopefully, once we leave here, we'll hook it up and I'll at least be able to get internet. Keep your fingers crossed.

My cats love David (they must know he's a cat person). Mollie Rose and Maya Linn slept with him last night. Shortie hid under the bed till I turned out the lights. She'll come around, though.

My plans are to bring David to Catales in Middletown. It's one of the cat rescues I've been involved in for years. He'll be able to get his kitty fix (so will I!). A possible visit to the Wadsworth Atheneum is also in the works. Money is tight (after the dental floss fiasco), so I need to find free things to do.

So that's it for now. We'll try and post updates and possible pictures (if I can figure out how on webtv).

beeniesmom
01-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Awww, that's great!

JenBKR
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM
woohoo glad you guys finally met! I'm quite anxious to see pictures ;)

moosmom
01-24-2007, 12:25 PM
woohoo glad you guys finally met! I'm quite anxious to see pictures ;)
Don't worry, Jen! You'll get plenty!

ramanth
01-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Have fun!! Look forward to pics. :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-24-2007, 12:40 PM
YAY!!!!! This is great you guys!! :)

Dorothy39
01-24-2007, 12:40 PM
What a Great Story, Donna, for all of us to read on Pet Talk !!!!

What Fun!!!!!!! Thanks for Keeping Us updated !!!!!

cyber-sibes
01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone, I arived safe & sound in RI last night. I took pictures of David & Donna & will post when I can. thanks for all your "good weather" thoughts - it worked! We had dry pavement the whole way. :D
Looking forward to seeing PTers Saturday.

Karen
01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Excellent - glad everyone arrived safely! And no, you won't be meeting Lady's Human, Donna - he's normally north of Binghamton, NY - we're meeting in my other brother's town. And Lady's Human is currently in Oklahoma again, anyway. Other brother, owned by Nilla (husky/lab mix) and Shadow (yes, a black kitty) isn't a Pet Talk member - not yet, anyway!

Killearn Kitties
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Glad that stage of the journey has gone well. I am really looking forward to seeing those pictures. :D
Have a great time on Saturday!

DrKym
01-24-2007, 06:00 PM
YAY! so glad everyone got there! How wonderful to hear that Cyber is with hubby, David is with you, all of you will be with Karen and Paul soon.

Which only leaves Moo coming to me............................ :p

hey it was worth a try Donna! kisses and hugs hun, have a blast!
*whispers to david, now remember the plan* ;)

cyber-sibes
01-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Other brother, owned by Nilla (husky/lab mix) and Shadow (yes, a black kitty) isn't a Pet Talk member - not yet, anyway!Cool! Will Other Brother be joining us at the restaurant?

Freedom
01-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Glad to hear all of you are in this neighborhood now! Looking forward to meeting up on Saturday, yay!!!!

Sandra