PDA

View Full Version : Why is life so unfair?

catnapper
01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I can't even enjoy the excitement of finally finding a job because now hubby is in some serious trouble at work. He's in trouble for the third time this year with the new principal, who took an intense dislike to him from day one. To make matters worse, all the other teachers fear this new principal so when hubby gets in trouble they say whatever the principal wants to hear to keep themselves out of trouble.... putting hubby right in the line of fire. He's utterly miserable and feeling defeated because of it. :(

Sigh. Just when I thought we were getting ahead, now I'm afraid I'll have a job and he won't. This royally stinks.

My heart is breaking. I am so worried. Does life get ANY better? Or are we just meant to struggle from one day to the next? :(

PS: for the record, he NEVER got in trouble for ANYTHING in the past 6 years at this school. In fact, he had a stellar record with all 100% positive comments in his record. There's just a hgue personality conflict between the new principal and hubby. I told him to shut up and kiss principal tooshy like all the other teachers are doing. Apparently he's not doing that :o

borzoimom
01-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Honey- its a storm- and it will blow over.. Its how we act "in a storm" is how we get to the other side.. Just sit tight- go to your new job, and talk about it tonight.. who knows- maybe your good news of the events of your first day will entertain and help hubby relax..

kimlovescats
01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry, Kim. Hopefully if hubby just takes a deep breath and let's things blow over, this will resolve itself!

Hugs,
Kim

jazzcat
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh Kim, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it all settles down.

Blue_Frog
01-24-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your husband and the new principal -- is there a teachers' union down there that hes a member of? Maybe he could talk to them?

I'm not sure how the school system in the US works. Is it possible for him to look into a new school after the term is over or would he lose senority/tenure? It might be a good idea for his sanity if nothing else, since butting heads with your boss makes for a terrible workplace :(

moosmom
01-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Kim,

That stinks. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to kiss up to keep your job. I hope that hubby's stellar record will speak volumes. Things HAVE to get better for you, girl.

Lobodeb
01-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Kim, you can still enjoy the fact of you getting a new job. Know why? Because you'll still have an income coming in even though your husband is temporarily unemployed. The timing stinks, but it could have been worse. You could have BOTH been out of a job!

I don't mean to make light of your terrible situation. That is not my intent. I'm just trying to look at the glass as half full. :)

ramanth
01-24-2007, 12:32 PM
*hugs*

Karen
01-24-2007, 12:50 PM
If this is the result of a personality conflict between your husband and the new principal, could they have a sit-down meeting moderated by a neutral third party?

beeniesmom
01-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Can't he file some kind of harrassment claim?

catnapper
01-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks everyone. I spoke to hubby and he's more flustered than ever. He's ready to take any job, regardless if its teaching or not just to get out of the school he's currently in.

As for the union.... what a joke. All they do is take $60 a month for dues.

One thing about hubby is when he has a personality conflict, nothing but removing him from the situation is going to "fix" it. I love the man more than I ever thought I could love anyone, but sometimes I want to smack him for being such a big-mouthed brat.