PDA

View Full Version : Please Meet... [More Pics Added]

areias
01-23-2007, 10:58 PM
:):)

Everything is not totally set yet...but...admist me being ticked off at my neighbor, something good has come of it.

Please meet Miss Half Key.

http://user168982.websitewizard.com/images/key_small.jpg

This is the only photo I have of her. Got a phone call from Shelly, the woman who runs the rescue...talked about some things, and a lot about Ava. We had some misunderstandings a few weeks ago, and I was getting a little upset with the whole situation. We have worked things out now. Miss Half Key was up for adoption at the same time Ava was...I was going to look at her, but I rode Ava first and I jumped too fast. So Miss Half Key got adopted, and I adopted Ava. Well, they reposessed Half Key..she has dropped a bit of weight, and was biting and kicking the owners, none of this behavior was apparent while she was at the rescue, I actually brushed her and lead her around myself and she was fine.

So, they took posession of her...so she is now on the property where I board my horse (next door) and she is mine to start working with. She will be on sort of a trial basis...if I don't make any way with her, she'll go back to the rescue, and we can work something out, they realize that she may be difficult, they're not sure what happened to her. Ava is going back to her original owner. If I decide to keep her, she'll be mine, the extra money that she would have cost (an extra $300) would be written off, as I am the one working with her.

I'm going out there maybe tomorrow to start with some groundwork. BUT I need a new barn name for her..."Half Key" won't work. :) She's a registered QH, but I don't know her parents names or anything.

DrKym
01-23-2007, 11:56 PM
I just love QH and especially the sorrels! She is quite a beauty. I am so out of names to offer LOL! I had to ask for help on the kittens names.

I am certain you will pick just the right one for her, as you 2 begin to bond and you work your horse magic!hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe Hermione??
ok ditch that it is late and that was lame LOL ;)

TamanduaGirl
01-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Have they double checked she's healthy? Sometimes an illness can cause behavioral changes and if they haven't a blood panel to check for hidden problems would be good especially with some weight loss.

Chilli
01-24-2007, 06:39 AM
She's really pretty! =]
Glad to hear things are going a bit better for you. I know you were quite frustrated in your other thread. I'm just glad to see that you're happy about this! =D

K9soul
01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
She's beautiful! I hope things go well with her. You will definitely have to keep us posted :)

areias
01-24-2007, 12:28 PM
I went out there today to start on a little bit of groundwork, and to see how she behaved. She was really, very good. Nothing unmanagable. She didn't try to bite, and she only bucked up a little bit when I was lunging her. Otherwise, nothing really bothered her and she did a few excercises without a problem. :) On Friday I will get on her and see how she rides. It's been suggested I call her Kia, but I'm not too sure about that. I was kind of calling her Missy, but my RB dog is named that. I was thinking something along the lines of a classic car, but I'm not sure what. Chevelle is already taken. I was thinking Nova but that means "No Go" in Spanish, and there's already a PT dog named that. :) She does have a total lack of respect for her halter though, very headstrong.

Anyways, here's the pictures...

http://areias.zoto.com/img/45/1f2d20e2e6bdf350e27bf5392c655fdf-.jpg

http://areias.zoto.com/img/45/8c5d3dac0233a450e55348c68635c0f4-.jpg

http://areias.zoto.com/img/45/6b8c97d9d7224c9815bafe3fd06606d9-.jpg

CathyBogart
01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
She's beautiful! For some reason "Layla" comes to mind when I see the pics you've posted.

Along the classic car lines....Cavalier, Bonneville (Bonnie?), Caprice, Silverado, Belair, De Ville, there are a lot of good classic car names!

cassiesmom
01-24-2007, 04:49 PM
What a beautiful horse! Congratulations!

areias
01-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the comments. :) I doubt I'll get up early enough to go over there tomorrow, but I'm going to get on her on Friday and see how she does.

She's beautiful! For some reason "Layla" comes to mind when I see the pics you've posted.

Along the classic car lines....Cavalier, Bonneville (Bonnie?), Caprice, Silverado, Belair, De Ville, there are a lot of good classic car names!

You know, it's funny you say that...I was thinking "Leona", from that movie Wild America with JTT...the owl was named that. :) I guess I'll just keep working with her, something will stick eventually.

Karen
01-24-2007, 09:46 PM
She's beautiful! I like Caprice - as she sounds like she can be capricious! Spirited at least ... I had a friend in high school named Caprice, who was a beautiful girl, too!

Reachoutrescue
01-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I agree with Caprice. That name seems strong, yet gentle and beautiful. She sure is pretty.

cassiesmom
01-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Caprice. Origin: French. Female. Meaning: Impulsive, whimsical (this is from www.babynames.com)

From www.Merriam-Webster.com - Caprice. French. From Italian, capriccio. A disposition to do things impulsively.

I like it a whole lot better than Miss Half Key!

areias
01-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I like Caprice, but it reminds me of the rapper Caprice. :o I'm going along the lines of Levi-Leona-Layla...something like that.

I went and rode her today..well, first we did a lot of groundwork, but she's sooo pushy. She's definately a project. I have not seen kicking or biting though. To be honest, I think the people probably couldn't afford her but didn't want to say so.

I walked and trotted her around-I thought she was going to be a little speedy and rarin' to go...she was quite the opposite! She was pretty happy, relaxed, and listened well. Maybe even a little lazy. I forgot my bridle and just rode in my hack...and she has some good brakes. She does not like to stand still, but we'll work that out. The place I'm boarding at always has horses turned out in the arena, so I had to ride right next to the barn, and she did want to turn back a little bit towards the barn door...but with a little correction and asking her to go she listened.

She does NOT like to be in the barn. She gets nervous. She circles and paces and won't stand still. I couldn't cross tie her, she was just too agitated. I don't know what happened to her, she used to be real laid back.

And I didn't want to say anything...but I'm 99% sure now...I'm probably going to be moving onto a 30 acre property with a friend of mine. It's completely fenced (mainly for cows but we can have horses out there), and has a 3 bedroom house. :D The rent is so cheap...$400/month total! It's ridicuously cheap. Anyways, so if everything goes okay over the next week, I'll probably move her out there and she'll be in my backyard. :) I can't wait.

cassiesmom
01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
I like Caprice, but it reminds me of the rapper Caprice. :o I'm going along the lines of Levi-Leona-Layla...something like that.

I went and rode her today..well, first we did a lot of groundwork, but she's sooo pushy. She's definately a project. I have not seen kicking or biting though. To be honest, I think the people probably couldn't afford her but didn't want to say so.

I walked and trotted her around-I thought she was going to be a little speedy and rarin' to go...she was quite the opposite! She was pretty happy, relaxed, and listened well. Maybe even a little lazy. I forgot my bridle and just rode in my hack...and she has some good brakes. She does not like to stand still, but we'll work that out. The place I'm boarding at always has horses turned out in the arena, so I had to ride right next to the barn, and she did want to turn back a little bit towards the barn door...but with a little correction and asking her to go she listened.

She does NOT like to be in the barn. She gets nervous. She circles and paces and won't stand still. I couldn't cross tie her, she was just too agitated. I don't know what happened to her, she used to be real laid back.

And I didn't want to say anything...but I'm 99% sure now...I'm probably going to be moving onto a 30 acre property with a friend of mine. It's completely fenced (mainly for cows but we can have horses out there), and has a 3 bedroom house. :D The rent is so cheap...$400/month total! It's ridicuously cheap. Anyways, so if everything goes okay over the next week, I'll probably move her out there and she'll be in my backyard. :) I can't wait.

Congratulations on the new place!
I like Leona!

JuniorxMyxLove
01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Leona is nice =]

Good luck with the new place!

Levi are jeans, lol

When I saw her, and saw what you thought about her, I thought like Lily or Liliana. [just a thought]