PDA

View Full Version : Zekes obedience class...

slleipnir
01-23-2007, 07:32 PM
As I said in another thread, I put Zeke into obedience classes. I must say, I'm very proud of how tonights class went. He was such a good boy. He had taken 10 weeks of beginner class more than a year ago, so he has the basics down. She put him in the advanced class.

He did everything really good. He was focused on me, not the other dogs. He was doing the stand for examination, which worried me because I had not practiced that since he was in class. But he did it well, and even better the second time. It made me really happy when she said "Zeke is trained, that's why he can do that so well" when really he's has the same amount of class training as the rest of the class, only he was out for a longer time. I think it's only because he is older, but anyway, it made me happy anyway.

We did a long down for 3 mins. He was so funny...he stared at me the entire time...like he wouldn't look away. And he kept shaking for some reason? Someone even took their dog and walked in front of him and he didn't budge, or look like he wanted to see the dog at all. (which is good for Zeke...it's the whole point of classes) Other dogs got up around him but he still just stayed still looking at me.

I don't mean to brag, but I don't work with Zekes training much and I'm very suprised he did so well. I was expecting he would have be unfocuses...especially on the first night. I think he knows he has to listen inside, but it's different when he's outside....:x

Kfamr
01-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Yay Zekey and Audrey! He is such a good boy and you're doing great with him.

He may have been shaking for several reasons. Anticipation, nervousness...

I know Kiara shakes sometimes when she is anticipating my next command or a tennis ball being thrown.

slleipnir
01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Yay Zekey and Audrey! He is such a good boy and you're doing great with him.

He may have been shaking for several reasons. Anticipation, nervousness...

I know Kiara shakes sometimes when she is anticipating my next command or a tennis ball being thrown.

Yeah, you're probably right. It's a newish for him...He just was acting oddly whenever I left him. Even sitting he seemed like "don't leave me!" My poor boy. I almost wanted to run up to him and hug him....haha.

BC_MoM
01-23-2007, 08:17 PM
That's fantastic! Way to go ~ both of you. :)
The shaking is probably anxiousness, nothing to worry about!

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-23-2007, 08:20 PM
That's wonderful, Audrey! You must be so proud of your boy. :)

As far as the shaking goes, some dogs just do that. It's nothing to worry about at all. Tango did it too in class, out of anticipation.