PDA

View Full Version : Zoos in North Texas/OKC

Sirrahsim
01-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Has anyone been to the zoos in north texas or oklahoma city? We are trying to decide which one to go to this weekend! We've heard that the Gainesville Zoo is great for little kids but that the Fort Worth zoo is much bigger and the Dallas Zoo is even bigger.
Any input? :)

PJ's Mom
01-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I haven't been in the DFW area for awhile, but I remember the Fort Worth zoo being awesome. it was always more impressive to me than the Dallas Zoo.

whomeee
01-23-2007, 08:21 PM
but congrats on your baby, my step daughter asked if I would go into delivery with her next month on the 16th. I cant wait it is almost as exciting as having one.

BC_MoM
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
ANYTHING beats Winnipeg's zoo! Whichever you go to, be sure to take many photos! :)

Lady's Human
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
http://www.okczoo.com/

Ya know, this is one of the few local (OKC local) museums/ science exhibits I haven't been to.

finn's mom
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm just now seeing this. Everyone seems to prefer the Fort Worth Zoo more than the Dallas Zoo. I tend to agree on the overall feeling for the zoos. There are a couple of exhibits I really like at the Dallas Zoo more than other zoos...but, the Fort Worth Zoo is better all around. :)

Sirrahsim
01-25-2007, 10:10 AM
We'll keep that in mind for next time :) We've decided that this week we are going to try out the OKC zoo! I hope that the weather is nice... Yesterday it was forcasted to be fairly nice but now there is a chance of rain for Saturday :( I'm so excited :D

We're planning on trying out each zoo and getting a membership to whichever one we like the best. The Dallas, Forth Worth, and OKC zoos are all about a 2 hour drive from here.

Queen of Poop
01-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I've been to the Dallas Zoo and found it to be very cool. But it's in a questionable part of town.