PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED-skyhla!!! UPDATED

Beki
01-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Mah girl is going in to get spayed ON FRIDAY!!! i really hope nothing goes wrong i'm probably just over reacting. the vet said to stop feeding her the night before at 8pm because she goes in for 8*30 the next day?? is that true because i know cat's are way different than bunnies but kalei found out way more information after that she didn't have to stop feeding her bunny, because they don't throw up! but i know cats do.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4866/jan2220070263sg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5273/jan2220070237jh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kalei
01-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Aww Beki and little Skyhla, so adorable! Love those pictures. I'm sure Skyhla will be fine too, Kishii was fine even after I found out the vet doesn't know that much about rabbits, now that scared me. He knew enough to spay her but he obviously didn't know that she can't throw up.

Anyways I can't answer your question about the spay thing, we have always had boy cats so no spaying in our family of cats. I will pray for your Skyhla to pull through the spaying just fine. And I bet she will be extra cuddly with you afterwords.

critter crazy
01-23-2007, 12:10 PM
yes, cats should not eat the night before surgery. same with dogs. Dont worry your kitty will do just fine!!

Freedom
01-23-2007, 03:07 PM
My vet's handout for pre- anesthesia says no food after 6 PM, no water after 11 PM, the night before the surgery - spay or other surgery with anesthesia.

I normally just put ALL the pets on this, so as not to be feeding some and not the other one. Just seems more fair.

heidiv
01-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Beki those pictures are priceless!! I know how scary it is to sent off your bestfriend. I felt like a peice of my soul was missing. And it was only for a 24 hour period. And yea you should not feed them after 8 if that is what your vet told you. Its best for them. Give Skyla a big hug from me and tell her to get well soon!!
Heidi

Husky15
01-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Skyhla will definitely be fine, and you know that you are doing what's best for her. I forget whether they asked CC to fast or not when I got him fixed. Probably did, I just forget. Anyway, my positive thoughts are sent your way and best wishes to Skyhla on Friday! :D

K & L
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Our vets rule is no eating after 8:00 but they can still have water. Just follow what the vet tells you and all should be just fine. I'm glad to read you're taking the responsiblity in getting her fixed!

Beki
01-23-2007, 06:56 PM
thank you soo much everyone! thank you soo much for all the positive thoughts! some of them i read and made me aww!! i couldn't stop smiling and awwing** :D thank you for all the hints, i guess i shouldn't second guess what information they're giveing me because they probably do lots every week! thank you all soo much i'm going to call the vet's tomorrow and find out for sure i second guess myself alot, ( :confused: thats probably why i second guess stuff sometimes :rolleyes: ) but yes thank you all soo much the comments were soo heart warming! thank you:D

catmandu
01-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Its nice to see you and your Dear Little Cat , and spaying is one of the safest operations.
Pet Angels will be with your Girl at the Vets so she will have some company.
This is the week of Cat and Guardian Photos.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101360.jpg

heidiv
01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah I forgot...... Just wanted to let you know that the pictures you have posted of the two of you are really special; you can simply see the close bond between the two of you. I can't post any of Paris and I she always wants to beat the camera up???? I don't get it? Silly Meezer girl. I will work on it if she allows me :D :D :D
Let us know how everything goes..... I will be thinkin about sweet little Skyla while I am at work on Friday. (((Hugs)))) To sweet little Skyla

KitCat
01-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Sweet pics!

Kalei
01-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Just want to thank everyone for helping out my bestfriend:D I can't wait to see Skyhla when she all back from her surgery.

Beki
01-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Thank you soo much heidiv! all your replys are soo sweet and nice, thank you soo much. lol that was very funny when you said that your kitty Paris wants to beat up the camera! lol! rotflol. :D:D:D thank you soo much i'll talk to you later. i'll definatly update. take care and ((((hugs)))) thank you skyhla hugs back.

Oh yeah I forgot...... Just wanted to let you know that the pictures you have posted of the two of you are really special; you can simply see the close bond between the two of you. I can't post any of Paris and I she always wants to beat the camera up???? I don't get it? Silly Meezer girl. I will work on it if she allows me :D :D :D
Let us know how everything goes..... I will be thinkin about sweet little Skyla while I am at work on Friday. (((Hugs)))) To sweet little Skyla

Beki
01-26-2007, 08:02 AM
UPDATE #1 _day of sergery.
Thank you very much kalei, thank you so much! I can't wait to see her now! This morning when i went to the vet i found out that there is two kitty's getting done today. Skyhla is one of them. the lady was very nice too and handled skyhla good, I'm very specifac with my kitty, i want to keep that tight special bond! I am hopeing that everything goes well but i'm already sure that it will! The woman asked the the basic stuff about the cat but she really seemed to like her.~ i gave skyhla a straw ( because she loves straws, hopefully that she can keep herself busy with all the noise of the other animals :S) and i gave skyhla the pillow that we sleep on everynight! just so she may have comfort with our scent on it. its only 10am but i just can't wait to go back and get my baby. This cat means soo much to me because it is really the first cat i ever had a connection with (i guess you can say that cat's don't usually like me much) but skyhla is the first, and she'll stick out very much and always does. i am always thinking of her when i'm gone and wondering how she is doing. anyway that is my update for now~! everyone take care. yet agian thank you for the wonderful coments.

Just want to thank everyone for helping out my bestfriend:D I can't wait to see Skyhla when she all back from her surgery.

Beki
01-26-2007, 09:56 AM
please hope that she'll be ok, she is very special to me.

Husky15
01-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm sure Skyhla will be fine, and I bet she is so thankful that you gave her a straw to play with and the pillow you guys sleep on. I'll definitely be thinking of Skyhla, and best wishes that everything goes well. It'll be worth it in the end. :)

phesina
01-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm just seeing this thread now, Beki, and I hope all went well with Skyhla's surgery and she is back home with you being fussed over as she heals!

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

rg_girlca
01-27-2007, 06:09 PM
How did your precious Skyhla do with her surgery yesterday?

I just loved the pictures of you and her. You can see the bond the two of you have for each other. :)

Beki
01-27-2007, 07:24 PM
sorry about the hold up every one! i'm going to update when i get home. i'll just let you know one thing that made me really happy when i went to pick her up from the sergury. when she came out she was on my pillow and when she looked up at me she started meowing for me, she tried to move and then she hurt herself but i was happy that she reconized me even though she had drugs in her. AND she is doing EXELLENT, the doc said that the fallow through in the sergury was great! made me much happier. anways i'll add pictures when i get home. everyone take care and thank you soo much everyone for your support

heidiv
01-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear everything went well so far for Skyla. I love your signiture it makes me want to make another one of my fur kids maybe I will do that now!!! Today has been a wonderful day...... My first neice was born today at 3:30PM Her name is Avery Rose! I will make sure that I show pics. She is going to be beautiful her momma is beautiful. So if Skyla is doing better that will make my day perfect :D

Kalei
01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
It's so great to know that Skyhla did fine at the vets, and the vet sounded like she was really nice, your lucky you got to meet her, I never even got to get a glimpse of the vet that did Kishii.

And Skyhla's cut looks like its already healing greatly! Can't wait til you post the pics!:)

orangemm
01-29-2007, 03:28 PM
So glad to hear little Skylah did well during and after her spay. I guess we're all concerned meowmies and pawpies because we worry about our furbabies, esp. when they're at the vet's.

Give her lots of gentle scritches from me.

such a pretty girl!

Beki
01-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Thank you soo much heidiv!!! if you ever want me to make a siggy for you just let me know or send the picture to my email!!!!:D:D:D would be not a problem! Congratulations on Avery Rose. that is a very beautiful name! One name that i really always liked growing up is Ruby, lol i kinda want to name a horse that if i ever get a chestnut (sorrel) that would be great :D !! Hope your day went purrfect because Skyhla was doped up and doing fine :rolleyes: ;) :D!!! it was kind of funny!

Thank you kalei! yes the vet was very nice, she talked things through with me. very kind. it still said that the dr. was berry faulkenham on the reciept! :p i kept the reciept! but a girl came out and explained it but i over heard that faulkenham is a guy :confused: !!!oh man. lol i guess when i go to go in there again! i'll request for her, unless they're both helpers??! Your in luck i'm posting the pictures shortly!

Thank you soo much orangemm, She is doing verry well! I'm soo happy too! I guess its normal to get concerned because we just love our animals soo much. don't worry ither she got lots of pats! Thank you soo much for the compliment!!

Beki
01-31-2007, 08:02 AM
UPDATE #2-AFTER THE SURGERY!! DOING ALOT BETTER

Sorry i didn't get chance to reply for a while, I was away ither at my bestf. house or my b.f. house. Skyhla is doing great! when i took her home from the surgery, she was acting funny cause of the drugs in her, I'm just wondering how i can get some weight on her because she is just so active that she can't keep any on..is that because she is a kitten? anyway other than that she is wonderful her cuts are getting better and better. anyway thank all of you for your support! its soo much appreciated. Here are some pictures.

http://hosting.showthatimage.com/1319620C-9C82-455E-8C60CC4F62632494.jpg
http://hosting.showthatimage.com/DFCBDB6A-8011-4F8F-85E328501F06FFD7.jpg

Kalei
01-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Aw look at that belly, it looks so soft!:D And her wound always looks so nice and clean. I bet those stitches will be out of her in no time at all. I don't know what to tell you about her weight though...she eats all the time but burns it right off with all the running she does in the house lol, you could possibly try buying a food that is more fattier. Or feed her some soft foods? Me don't really know. :confused: I hope someone else can help you.

Medusa
01-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Glad t hear that Shyla is doing well. My vet's rule is no food after midnight but each vet is different, just like every cat is different. The pix of you two are so sweet. Don't ya just love 'em?

Blessings,
Mary

catlover4ever
01-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Skyhla's belly looks good. I'm glad to see and hear that she is feeling well and that her surgery went well.

K & L
01-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Glad to hear all went well! She's one lucky kitty to have you!

catmandu
01-31-2007, 05:45 PM
That Little Tummy Looks So Ouchy At First, But We Are Betting That Skyhla Will Be Healed Up Before You Know It, And Those Stiches Will Be A Distant Memory.
We Are So Happy Skyhlas Home And Happy.

Beki
02-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Thank you all soo much. OMG overwhelmed with compliments. take care everyone. i'll try scheduleing her out with food so she'll eat more. take care everyone and thanks for the advice.

phesina
02-01-2007, 06:42 PM
We're all glad that everything went so well. Skyhla will be all healed and back in action before you know it!

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

Beki
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Thank you soo much Phesina, She goes to the vet on monday already to get her stitches out! Thank you soo much for the support! ya'll take care now! ya hear? !!! :D :)