PDA

View Full Version : Everyone! I'm so Happy...

Kalei
01-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO UNIVERSITY! I am so happy, I will finally get to start my education for a career and live on my own. I've been wanting to live on my own for awhile, but its so hard. These days you couldn't even afford an apartment working a minimum wage job.

Anyways, I have been accepted into the Bachelor of Arts program! And that is 4 years long and then another 2 years of Education to become an english teacher. Please wish me luck and that I will do okay. Sometimes I wonder if I will be able to handle living alone, I've always had the comfort of my parents to fall back on and live with happily. so it will be different, but also very good for me! I can't wait til september now!

And please pray that I will be able to save the money I need for it too, it cost a lot unfortunately. Has anyone here ever been to University? Did you like living alone without your parents?

Thanks for listening everyone!:D

Oh and also pray for Kishii my bun bun, I am not allowed to take her with me. I can't believe Universities make you pay 1000's for a room and won't even allow a tiny caged animal! Makes me angry! I am going to be so so sad when the time finally comes that I have to leave her. I am already sad, I love her so so much. She will be looked after by my mother and Husky15 (my sister). I know she will be well taken after, but I just don't want her to forget about me.:(

finn's mom
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Congratulations and good luck!!!

Freedom
01-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Wonderful news!

Which university? How far a drive is it from your folks?

When I went to university, I drove and lived at home. I was a "commuting" student, although over 90% of the students lived there. I picked my classes so I only had to go in three days per week, Monday, Wednesday and Fridays!

This is SO exciting for you, enjoy the feeling!

critter crazy
01-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Congrats!!! That is awsome!! sorry you cant take Kishii!

Marigold2
01-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Way to go. So happy for you. Your sweet bunny will not forget you and you will be able to see her when you come home to visit. How far away will you be?

Alysser
01-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Congratulations!! That's GREAT news!! I'm sorry you cannot take Kishii, but you can always visit him.

Karen
01-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Congratulations! It's a big change, moving away from your family, but you'll be so busy I bet you'll love it, aside from missing your Kishii!

Kalei
01-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Aww! Thank you so much everyone, you are all so sweet and comforting. I am going to a University in Canada called Stfx (Saint Francis Xavier University) its about 3 hours away from home.

So its not too far, I get sad thinking about leaving Kishii, but when I think about it more, I will see her more than I think, cause I will be able to come home on alot of weekends and see her:) We also have family about 45 mins from the university that my parents can stay with when they want to come visit me so that is good news also:D

It is definately going to be a life-changing experience and probably a good one too:) Freedom, that must have been so nice to be able to drive back and forth. I was hoping to be able to do that, but sometimes when you really want something I guess you have to sacrifice some things, and being with my parents is one of them.

I'm sure I'll see them more than I think. It's just when I think of being away I feel like I will never see them, but I realize I will, and I will see my beloved Kishii, and my goldfish and my cat Bobo!:D

Thanks so much everyone! You don't know how much all your positive comments mean to me :D

kimlovescats
01-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Congratulations and great job! I am sure you will be a great success! Your bunny won't forget you! ;)

Freedom
01-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Freedom, that must have been so nice to be able to drive back and forth. I was hoping to be able to do that, but sometimes when you really want something I guess you have to sacrifice some things, and being with my parents is one of them.

It was 37 miles and took an hour and 15 minutes one way - rush hour traffic into Boston, Mass. Sure was NOT fun during the Blizzard of 1978! I cut classes and left 3 hours early; and finally arrived home 2 hours later than normal! Then after 4 days, the university resumed classes, but none of us commuting students could get back in for another week!!!

Each way has it's good and bad points. I am sure you will do great with your transition, and the best part is that you have the school you want.

Kalei
01-23-2007, 09:44 AM
:) Thanks very much. wow :eek: that would be scarey having to drive home in a blizzard, I'm glad you always got home okay. You're right, both will have their bad points.

Too bad the University only allows small fish tanks and no other pets...oh well, I will make my little 10 gallon so perty and such nice fish that it will be my pride and joy of pets while I"m there:)

Kalei
01-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I just found out today that I will have to send a $500.00 fee in to save my spot in the University :eek: that's alot :eek:

BOBS DAD
01-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Congratulations...

you'll love being on your own, but it will also make you appreciate everything that has been done for you up till now. And you can always go home to visit!!!