PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ticked Off...

areias
01-22-2007, 01:45 PM
:mad: :mad:

Remember my neighbor's horse, Cherokee, that I was going to buy? I've been trying to get up there and see him again...but it's like she's never available to go see him. We were supposed to go last Friday to see him...my friend was going to come along as a second pair of eyes...we had it all set. I picked my friend up and came back and went over there at 11...well she "had to work at 2" and "didn't know it the day before". Her truck didn't leave the driveway til at least 4. I offered her money for him, but I needed to just get on him one more time to make sure he was still...well sound at least, I hadn't seen him for a month, and that he was what I wanted.

Well she keeps giving me the runaround, and I'll go over there and she'll say...geez...everyone wants to trade for this horse..I'll say, well, I'll buy! BUT I need to go see him first. And she'll say yeah I know...but I never get to go up there. She'll say oh, well I don't like being there when the barn owner is there, and hes there today...

So I'm on equinehits today looking at horses, and her ad pops up for him, saying "price reduced, desperately need to sell by end of the month...no reasonable offer refused.." I'm so confused! It's complete with (not that great) pictures. I bet anything that she dosen't want me to get the horse, and do good with him. Whatever I do, it's like she wants to one up me. And she knows me and the horse get along great, so I think she's trying to prevent that. :mad: :mad: I don't know....

Here's a picture of them...they look *great* together don't they? :rolleyes: http://www.equinehits.com/photos/01/horses/123773x1.jpg

Kalei
01-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow, it sure does sound like she doesn't want you to have the horse from everything you've said. That must be really frustrating and annoying to you. Maybe she's jealous of you for some reason?

I hope whatever happens you will find the horse for you, and I wish this horse would be, it sounds like you two are meant to be together:)

critter crazy
01-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Well if this is how she is reacting, i wouldnt even get involved! imagine how it would be if you did get the horse! way too much drama!

she has obvious issues, and I would steer clear of her!

Chilli
01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow, I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you! You seem like such a knowledgeable and caring person who knows alot about horses.. why wouldn't she want you take him? How confusing.
Best of luck in whatever happens!

buttercup132
01-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow she has some good jumping skills haha.

I dont really know what to say. Maybe go up to her in person and ask her or call her from a diff number or get a friend too or something.

That's really strange that she won't give him to you. I don't see how it would do anything but benifit her.

areias
01-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, I've pretty much decided to have anything further to do with her and the horse. It's just been crazy. I really really liked him too. I know she got a little miffed when I went and looked at another horse, instead of "buying" hers on the spot.

She does have issues...plenty of them. I was just hoping she would sell him, write up a good contract, and that would be that.

This is what she's done...I get a decent horse (at the time) and tell her I might go to a hunter pace and maybe do some jumping. All of a sudden her yearling (green broke 2year old) is the best jumper in the world, and she wants to come along. I never went, but...yeah. Then I tell her I really like the Nissan Titans (truck), and not a week later she says shes going to get one. Then I was telling her I was looking into an F150, that I might be getting one (which I didn't, I decided to fix up my car instead) and she tells me I can't afford it and then she goes and trades her dad her ranger for his f150. Before that...I had gotten a turtle (a LONG time ago) and she got a turtle. Then I got a small aquarium, and then she got two aquariums. Then I got a cockatiel...about 3 days after I get a cockatiel, she goes and gets 2 parakeets (keep in mind her stepdad hates animals). Then I get an Australian Cattle Dog, and she goes and gets an Australian Shepherd. The aussie lives with her real dad now. I went to go move out, and then she was saying she was going to live at her dads. :rolleyes: It's just always something.

Wow she has some good jumping skills haha.

Oh, they're great huh? I love how she sits on his back while they go over 2'6 verticals and yanks him in his mouth. She's going to ruin him. :(

JuniorxMyxLove
01-28-2007, 07:12 PM
wow. that's got to be frustrating! so you're giving up on the horse? aww thats sad! but, you'll find the horse who is perfect for you - with an owner who'lll actually sell him/her to you!

BC_MoM
01-28-2007, 07:40 PM
HAHAHA... Sorry.... I can't but laugh my butt off at that picture.. :rolleyes:

areias
01-28-2007, 10:41 PM
wow. that's got to be frustrating! so you're giving up on the horse? aww thats sad! but, you'll find the horse who is perfect for you - with an owner who'lll actually sell him/her to you!

Well, if you check out...
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=120714

:) I am working with a new horse. Hopefully she works out okay.

Haha, that picture is priceless. She barely knows how to ride, much less jump. She will ONLY ride horses that are pretty much deadbroke/bombproof. Maybe she has more sense than I do but...I kind of laugh at her when she talks about this and that horse that she rode or had once...

Oh, and she did sell him (I guess)-get this. I called her and told her about the mare I'm working with-she has a red dun (with a blue eye) QH stud colt..so I just questioned if she was keeping him a stud (yes), and that maybe (a ways down the line, if everything goes well) I might breed my mare. Not a day later she calls me and tells me that she traded Cherokee to some woman in Thonotosassa (where I keep MY horse) for a black qh mare that was bred, and that she gets to keep the mare there for free. :rolleyes: Then she was talking about what a pretty foal it will be, with a blue roan and a buckskin bred together...I had to ask-didn't you just say the mare was black? She goes ohhhh welllll... it looks black, but up close it's blue roan. :rolleyes: She's an interesting character. :p