PDA

View Full Version : A Mystery!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Last night I noticed these weird dips in the snow. They are in all the neighborhood. Does anyone know what they are?

There are no trees that could be dropping things from to cause these.

I think they are the ants and other underground critters trying to dig out and the snow caved in on their little heads!!!

I sent these to Slick. She says they are angel footprints.

Any more ideas? :D

I took this one last night:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/mysterylumps000_1566.jpg
I took this one this morning:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/mysterylumps000_1571.jpg

lizbud
01-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe they are bunny hop dips. :) It could even be deer tracks.
They look like tracks from an animal for sure. if you can get a look at
the imprint up real close, you can see the foot print.

Rachel
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Strange indeed, Connie. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. To me it doesn't seem like they were made by animals, unless you have a whole herd of something.

catland
01-22-2007, 04:17 PM
aliens?

(that is pretty cool looking ;) )

Karen
01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
It's a pattern caused by the wind, I bet. Especially as they look like sine waves, and I'm betting, there in "the plains" you get a good steady wind ... the dips could be varying moisture cause different parts to freeze more solidly - it looks a lot like sand at the beach in some places ...

Kfamr
01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
The first pictures is really neat!

Has it been windy? It looks like the similar pattern the wind gives the beaches around here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/crudnstuff/12-27/17.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think it was animals unless there is an entire heard because the entire neighborhood looked that. I don't remember there being wind but I was indoors most of the day. I like that first picture the best. I looks like sugar crystals or something were dropped on it.

I just thought it was so neat. I've never seen anything like it. It does look like the beach in Kay's picture!!! :D

BC_MoM
01-22-2007, 05:16 PM
The snow wouldn't look as delicate if they were animal tracks. I'd say that was most definitely the wind. :)

slick
01-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I still say they are angel footprints.

DrKym
01-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I agree with Slick. Angels and Fairies playing in the wonder of winter! How lucky to see their footprints!
Thanks for sharing!

Freedom
01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Nature at her best, as always! Thanks for taking and posting these photos.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree with Slick. Angels and Fairies playing in the wonder of winter! How lucky to see their footprints!
Thanks for sharing!
:D Like I told Slick earlier, I had asked for lots of extra angels to surround us during those storms so I really like the angel footprints idea!!! :D
They must have been dancing!!! ;)

jazzcat
01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
How neat! I've never seen anything like that before.

I'd guess wind too but I like the angels suggestion.

Argranade
01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Could be snow melting in an odd sort of way, or maybe when you where alseep it rained a bit creating those holes, that has happned here .. looks excacly like that.

kimlovescats
01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
It seems like I've seen it do that as it starts melting just a bit... like the grass or weeds underneath are causing the different levels? Either that or the wind like others have said. Very neat pictures!

gini
01-23-2007, 01:23 AM
Connie's angels were dancing............having fun in the snow. And when they dipped down during their dance, their wings touched the snow and made the impressions that you see.

Well, yeah, it probably is the wind - but how much fun is that for an answer?;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-23-2007, 05:08 AM
It seems like I've seen it do that as it starts melting just a bit... like the grass or weeds underneath are causing the different levels? Either that or the wind like others have said. Very neat pictures!

I think Kim is right here!! Neat pics!

Chica
01-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Did you ever think that maybe the snow falls in different areas on the ground. It can never be perfectly smooth when it falls from the sky.It can only be rippled on the ground!!!Daaaaaa!!!Maybe someone up in heaven will spread it like butter so it won't have the ripple effect!!!HAHAHAHA!!! :) ;) That's my theory......... :)

Felicia's Mom
01-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I've always thought it was caused by the wind.

Randi
01-23-2007, 04:23 PM
LOL! Angels dancing - how neat! :D

I'm pretty sure it's caused by the wind, or could it be that some parts of your lawn is warmer than others? That's the only explanations I can think of. It does look very pretty. :)

KittyGurl
01-23-2007, 04:28 PM
That looks so cool :cool: The aliens came to Earth the other night. Spooky! LOL! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
01-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Did you ever think that maybe the snow falls in different areas on the ground. It can never be perfectly smooth when it falls from the sky.It can only be rippled on the ground!!!Daaaaaa!!!Maybe someone up in heaven will spread it like butter so it won't have the ripple effect!!!HAHAHAHA!!! :) ;) That's my theory......... :)
:D Good theory but it was smooth at first.
See:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/sleetstorm000_1548.jpg

slick
01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey, nice car MOMO......if that's yours. ;)
I still go with the Angels dancing theory. So is your house to the right of the left of the car??

momoffuzzyfaces
01-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey, nice car MOMO......if that's yours. ;)
I still go with the Angels dancing theory. So is your house to the right of the left of the car??
My house is right in front of the car. I was standing on the back porch when I took the picture. The car may look nice but it's a broken down pile of junk. It is useful to store extra bags of kitty litter in though when the weather is nice. Lord I miss driving!!! Makes me want to cry!!! :(

I have the bus let me off behind the car and just load stuff into the trunk then take it into the house later with my little red wagon!!! :D
Now that there is snow, I have to bring everything right into the house by the front door. I can't risk a fall by going out to the car. It's trunk is frozen shut now anyway.

Now, aren't you sorry you asked???? :D

lizbud
01-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I was wondering about the car too. I thought it was the one not running.
When the wheather is that bad, it's maybe good that you are not driving
around in it. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I know but my life is so much harder without my car. Loading bags of cat litter and food on the bus is hard. Plus I'm so short, and with my arthritis in my knees and back, it's hard for me to get on and off the bus. :( Thank God, they don't have a pick up truck!!!! ;)

What you don't see in the picture is my windshield is cracked almost clear across, the power steering pump is going out of it, the back door on the driver's side won't close tight, the turn signals only work if I hold them up or down, the gas gauge has been broken for 3 years, and now the battery is dead, plus what ever is wrong with it that makes it not start! :eek:
Looks can be deceiving!!! ;)

A year ago today was the day we got my house!!!! :D
What a roller coaster ride this year has been. I need a nap just thinking about it!!! :D :D

lizbud
01-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Moff, believe me, I know what your mean about not having a car. I think
I would lose my mind. :D Maybe that can be something to work on in this
new year. Last year the house, this year the car. It could happen. :)

joycenalex
01-24-2007, 04:01 PM
i went out today and looked at the 3 inches of snow in my front yard. nothing like yours, so i'm pretty sure the angels have been dancing in your yard. have you found any glitter, musical instruments or feathers?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-24-2007, 04:22 PM
No, but when the sun hit it this morning, it looked like millions of diamonds were glistening on it!!! :D
I couldn't get a picture to show it!!! :(