PDA

View Full Version : Potty Question?

critter crazy
01-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Loki goes Pee in his litter box, in the same spot everytime. When i scoop, there is only one large pee scoop. Is this common with male cats?? I have only ever had girls, before Loki, so this quite weird to me! nothing serious, just curiosity!:)

another question, Loki prefers to drink out of the Toilet! He will run to the bathroom, if he hears someone go in, and will wait patiently for you to flush, then dives right in! He has a fountain wattere, but still insists on drinking from the potty! I have had many dogs this way, but my first ever potty cat!! Is this also common??? What is the attraction? (besides a clean bowl after every flush!:D )

Freedom
01-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Sounds like Loki knows what he likes. And he likes THAT SPOT in the litter box, he he. Could be to do with the size of the box and if he insists on having his head facing one way, then the rear end winds up in the same spot.

He also knows he likes toilet water. Euew! I always keep the lid down on my toilets. What if someone falls in, can they get out? What if I am not home wht this happens? rather not worry about it.

And I never use a toilet bowl cleaner that is in the tank or hanging on the bowl, just in case. Don't want an accidental poisoning!

lvpets2002
01-22-2007, 09:11 AM
:) Oh yes both topics are common.. The peeing in the same spot is my girls to lazy to cover & go for new.. The toilet thing is it clean cold water.. Yes cats go for it too..

catmandu
01-22-2007, 09:17 AM
The thing that irritates me is when they go in the corners , and its hard to gather up the clumps.
And they do go in the same spot everytime!
Force of habit, I guess.

jenluckenbach
01-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Some cats are just creatures of habit. I have several that simply always go potty in the same position (and therefore the same spot)

And I insist on the toilet lid being DOWN so I don't know if they would go for the water or not. (I just hate the idea of them playing, drinking and falling into the toilet :rolleyes: )

critter crazy
01-22-2007, 10:04 AM
umm....well as far as the potty lid being down, i am surrounded by one man, and two boys! it is quite difficult to keep that down!! and no Toilet cleaners, in the tank. i have toilet water drinking dogs, so i have never done that!

Loki always pees just inside the door of the litter box! It is quite funny, and actually quite easy to clean, since it is right there!