PDA

View Full Version : Please Welcome Dozer!! (PICS)

Reachoutrescue
01-21-2007, 11:34 PM
A lady who rescued his momma from a pound just hours before death. Rylie is a pure bred American Bulldog that is just about fully deaf and partially blind. The pound said that Rylie, the momma, was spayed. Rylies nipples were a little big, Erica and Jill (Rylie's rescuers) took her to the vet. It turned out that Rylie was VERY pregnant. Another sad case of a pound lying. Well Rylie gave birth to 10 puppies. Mostly all of them were pure white, there was one black and white, and one brown and white pup, but sadly they died a few day after birth along with another pup. Well, Erica asked me to help spay Rylie and some of the pups. I agreed, and this is what I got....
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Dozer3.jpg
This is Dozer. We got him last Sunday. He just turned eight weeks old today. He is a big boy at a whole 11 pounds! We named his Bulldozer and call him Dozer for short. We originally planned on adopting one when I first heard about them, but Jill said they were all spoken for, so we didn't expect to adopt a pup. It turned out that four people backed out. My cousin decided to adopt one. Dave, the boys, and I went there to pick up my cousin's pup and fell in love with our lil' guy. Erica told me he was mine for helping them. I also brought them three 36 lbs of dog food to help them out a bit. So, now Scruff has a new buddy! Our lil' BullDozer is a handful. Always chewing and getting into something....and he is a biter!! But we love him already. Dozer, his momma, and his sister will be altered and vaccinated on Febuary 8th. Here are more pictures of Dozer and Scruff. Enjoy.

Here is Dozer (at five wks) and his momma, Rylie.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/DozerandhisMommaRylie.jpg

Another reason we call him Dozer....he sleeps a lot!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/Dozer.jpg

Dozer enjoying his very first treat, his eyes are a little water here. We thought he had an eye infection, but it cleared up that night. Weird.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/SruffandDozer1-19-07017.jpg

More in next post....

Reachoutrescue
01-21-2007, 11:40 PM
This is my favorite picture of Scruff and Dozer! I am going to blow it up and frame it!!
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/SruffandDozer1-19-07013.jpg

Dozer and one of our rescues, Mack. (And Dave sleeping! SHHHH)
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/DozerandMac.jpg

Tug-A_War!! Dozer has a grip and he is very strong.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/SruffandDozer1-19-07023.jpg

Dozer and Scruff taking a break. Nighty Night.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/SruffandDozer1-19-07012.jpg

That's all for now. I will post more as he grows.

K9karen
01-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Ah Ha! I know you're in the process of posting more, but I have to butt in and tell you how handsome Dozer is and that, once again, thank you for always coming through. Awesome you. Now I will wait patiently for the rest of the pix....

K9karen
01-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Ok..the last pic of the sleepy heads is way too adorable...

Reachoutrescue
01-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Ah Ha! I know you're in the process of posting more, but I have to butt in and tell you how handsome Dozer is and that, once again, thank you for always coming through. Awesome you. Now I will wait patiently for the rest of the pix...
Thank you for being so kind. Rescue work is something I have always wanted to do, it is so worth it!

[COLOR=Indigo]Ok..the last pic of the sleepy heads is way too adorable...
That picture was just too perfect. Scruff went to lay in his favorite couch spot and Dozer tried getting up there and started to whine, so we lifted him up. With in minutes they were snoozing away!!
I am glad Scruff finally has a buddy that is staying. He always gets so said when our rescues leave.

mr.chiwawa
01-21-2007, 11:49 PM
We need more people like you in this world to help the helpless animals. He sure is a big boy thou. I am actually have been thinking about getting another dog but this time from the chihuahua rescue leage. All of my parents cats were rescued if that counts? But again he is too cute mealted my heart right away...cant wait to see more pics
CHI HUGS

Reachoutrescue
01-21-2007, 11:53 PM
We need more people like you in this world to help the helpless animals. He sure is a big boy thou. I am actually have been thinking about getting another dog but this time from the chihuahua rescue leage. All of my parents cats were rescued if that counts? But again he is too cute mealted my heart right away...cant wait to see more pics
CHI HUGS
Thankyou. You guys are too kind. I only do what is right. Sometimes I am in over my head, but I have learned to just take on what I can handle. PTers tought me that, especially Karen, thanks Karen, you are great. Anyway, that fact that your parents' cats are rescues does count. Without people adopting sheltered/rescued animals, we would not be able to rescue. I hope you find the right dog....I love Chiuahuas, but too small for me, sorry. I like the big dogs. Let us know if you get a pup and show pics. I'd love to see them. :) (((HUGS))) back at ya!

mr.chiwawa
01-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I actually have found a little guy thats caught my eye i have attached the site and the dogs name is LUCKY i have an appointment later on this week to make sure LUCKY and my pup Mister get along before the next step.

http://www.yankeechihuahuas.org/thedogs.html

lute
01-22-2007, 12:16 AM
OH My GoSh! What a cutie! Look at those sweet puppy feets! AWWWW!!!! Where's the cuteness warning?! Oh Tracy, he looks like he's gonna be a beauty!

Reachoutrescue
01-22-2007, 12:18 AM
OH My GoSh! What a cutie! Look at those sweet puppy feets! AWWWW!!!! Where's the cuteness warning?! Oh Tracy, he looks like he's gonna be a beauty!
Thanks, Lex. I so should've put a cuteness warning on this thread!! I can't wait to see him grow.

Danegirl2208
01-22-2007, 12:33 AM
omg look at that pudgy little belly TOO CUTE!

buttercup132
01-22-2007, 06:42 AM
OMG well if that isn't cute then I don't know what is! He is ADORABLE! I just want to snatch him up and steal him.:)

borzoimom
01-22-2007, 07:10 AM
You need the 4 star cuteness warning on this one! He looks like a sweetheart.. I am so glad he has a good home!

Chilli
01-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Oh my gosh! That seriously has to be one of the cutest pups ever. :D Then again, American Bulldogs are one of my very favorite breeds.
Tha last picture is just as precious as it gets!
Congratulations on the little guy!

critter crazy
01-22-2007, 07:22 AM
OMG!! Dozer is so adorable!! him and Scruff look like true Pals already! Thank you so much for all that you have done,a nd keep doing!

BOBS DAD
01-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Great pics and story too!!! We were just talking about white bulldogs (dealness and such) a month or so ago on a post. Dozer is areally cute guy and he and his siblings are either pure (or close to) Bullies or they just take after their Mom. Good job!!!

Daisy and Delilah
01-22-2007, 07:31 AM
WELCOME TO PT DOZER!!!! He's just adorable!! I want to give him a million kisses. Thanks for saving him!! :) :) :)

mr. chiwawa--thanks for posting that link and considering another Chi. Reading about the pups on the link made me cry. It's so sad that people treat animals so badly :(

4 Dog Mother
01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Wow what a sweetie Dozer is! I love the picture of Dozer and Scruff on the couch together. It is great that you can and do help out with rescue.

Reachoutrescue
01-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Thank you everybody! Dozer sure is a handful! Especially with Mocha and Terri here. Would you beleive, at 8 wks, he is tring to hump Mocha already!! This lil' guy is too funny! I am keeping him seperate from the new rescue girls, Mocha does not like being humped. So they do not get along to well. LOL!

Vela
01-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Wow he reminds me alot of cracker as a baby. LOVE him. His eyes will always water more most likely, because they are pink and white, Cracker's do too. It's just part of being white, no dark pigment around the eyes to help defelct the sun. No biggie though, I just wipe Cracker's eyes if they get too wet. Thanks for sharing!

kimlovescats
01-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Tracy, he is adorable! Congratulations and good job on giving him a loving home! ;)

Jadapit
01-22-2007, 10:42 AM
He is absoutely adorable. I wish I could pick him up and *hug* him. :D

I'm in love with Scruff. Your an angel, helping all the animals like you do....

Ginger's Mom
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh, he is sooo cute! :) It is so wonderful that you were able to not only help out with the mom and pups, but also give this cutie a forever home. Big congratulations to you. :)

cassiesmom
01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Tracy, I agree with the other people who said there should have been a Cuteness Alert! Oh, my goodness. Could you please give Dozer and his fur-siblings a pat for me, please? Thanks! ((hug))

Kfamr
01-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh my goodness, he is precious! Congratulations!!! :D It's great to see Scruff feeling well, too. How is he doing?

Suki Wingy
01-22-2007, 03:13 PM
He's very cute, congrats. I love Am Bulldogs.

PJ's Mom
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
That last pictures is priceless. :) Congrats on the new addition! :)

BC_MoM
01-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Hehe! I think his name suites him! What a cutie! :)

3GSDMom
01-22-2007, 05:31 PM
He is adorable! Congrats :)

Reachoutrescue
01-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh my goodness, he is precious! Congratulations!!! :D It's great to see Scruff feeling well, too. How is he doing?
Thank you. Scruff is doing well. He is still on meds and we do another urine sample in about 7 days. Thank you for asking about him. I am glad he is feeling better.