PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of the dark...

finn's mom
01-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok, yeah. So I am. My boyfriend is gone til Tuesday and I'm at the house alone. I mean, I have the dogs, but I'm the only person. And, I have the hardest time with it. I'm not incapacitated, but I'm pretty bothered by it. I'm not afraid of the dark like I used to be...and I'm not afraid to be alone. I am just afraid to be alone in the dark. :) It's almost eleven and I'm usually asleep by now. But, instead, I've been making those silly candy bar dolls (I made some that look like David and one that looks like me kinda) and I'm watching the africam on the computer with the tv on in the living room. Of course, all the lights are on, and, I don't feel the least bit tired. I don't know why my brain can't relax...if there were anyone within 50 yards of the house, the dogs would be going crazy. But, anyway, I just wanted to share my uneasiness in the hopes that...I don't know...it's late and I'm just trying to keep my mind on things besides that noise I heard. :o :rolleyes: :D

Here's David, the first is his attire when we're chilling at home and the second is if we go out to a movie or bowling or something. He actually has this exact sweatshirt!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DAVIDdoll3.pnghttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DAVIDdoll2.png

And, this was the closest I could get to me...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/KARIdoll.png

buttercup132
01-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow I'm the EXACT same as you lol. I hate being alone and I hate the dark but most of all I hate being alone in the dark. My imagination takes over and I imagine things that arent there or that I see/hear and freak myself out. Maybe you can hire a person to stay in your house and keep you company lol.:p

Marigold2
01-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Since you are not tired, how about making some popcorn and watching a funny silly movie. Turn the volumn on low and before you know it you will be asleep in front of the TV and it will be morning.

finn's mom
01-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey, thanks guys. I usually do end up falling asleep with the tv on. I think I'll do that, find a funny movie and put it on low. And, I have popcorn, too! I also made two more dolls. :rolleyes: David's eyes are bluish/grayish/greenish, haha. So it was hard for me to decide on an eye color. The ones in my first post are really too blue...and my hair is longer than this next doll depicts, but, it's close enough. So, yeah, this is what we would wear if we went out to a nice dinner or to a dance place. :) i think I'm going to go try and find a movie, now...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/karidoll2.png http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/daviddoll4.png

finn's mom
01-21-2007, 11:53 PM
And, here's David in his sweatshirt...he has the gray one, too. But, this is my favorite photo of him. :) Ok, now I'm officially done on this whole staying up in front of the computer thing. I'm going to try to get some sleep! Night, everyone!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/marchtexas079.jpg

K9karen
01-22-2007, 12:24 AM
:eek: Man! Is he goodlooking......
(and you ain't so bad yourself) You make an adorable couple!

carole
01-22-2007, 03:03 AM
kari i have to agree with Karen, David is indeed a HOTTIE, you both make a very good looking young couple,a little off topic, but hey i hate being alone at night in the house too, and i am afraid of the dark. lol :eek: :D :)

borzoimom
01-22-2007, 08:42 AM
kari i have to agree with Karen, David is indeed a HOTTIE, ...: :D :)
HE IS A WHAT???!!! lolllllllllllllllllll.. But he is nice looking, but Hottie says he looks NOTHING like him.. lol.
When I use to spend alot of time home alone at night, dogs or not, I use to run a fan in the bathroom from the bedroom or something like that. I was told as a child " nothing is in the dark that is not there during the day.." ( uh huh- I didnt believe that one either.. lol)
Up here, I hate being alone at night. ( maybe its the bears-- I dont know..) but the dogs always sleep with us/me so I do not worry..

finn's mom
01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Karen and Carole, thank you! I think he's the most handsome man in the world. I've thought he was a hottie since I was fifteen. :) You guys made me blush, thank you! I just thought it was cool that I was able to find a sweatshirt on that doll thing that looked like his. Not that it's a really unique sweatshirt, but still...

And, borzoimom, very funny! It took me a second to understand what you were talking about...but then I realized your dog's name is Hottie. They're both gorgeous, but you are right...they look nothing alike. ;) And, I ended up just falling asleep on the couch with the tv on. That's what I usually end up doing in situations like this...I'm going to try to relax and sleep in the bed tonight. There's really nothing to be afraid of, but I can't get my head to stop worrying when the sun goes down!

Thanks a lot you guys for dealing with my tiny bit of bored insomnia last night.

Argranade
01-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Ya I'm freaked out sometimes by the dark, when I go out to my pigeons for a night check up I always feel like somthing is watching me so I run in the shed and shut the door lol.

But as for walks and bike rides .. I love doing those 2 at night.

borzoimom
01-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Karen and Carole, thank you! I think he's the most handsome man in the world. I've thought he was a hottie since I was fifteen. :) You guys made me blush, thank you! I just thought it was cool that I was able to find a sweatshirt on that doll thing that looked like his. Not that it's a really unique sweatshirt, but still...

And, borzoimom, very funny! It took me a second to understand what you were talking about...but then I realized your dog's name is Hottie. They're both gorgeous, but you are right...they look nothing alike. ;) And, I ended up just falling asleep on the couch with the tv on. That's what I usually end up doing in situations like this...I'm going to try to relax and sleep in the bed tonight. There's really nothing to be afraid of, but I can't get my head to stop worrying when the sun goes down!

Thanks a lot you guys for dealing with my tiny bit of bored insomnia last night.
Well dear heart- I hope you have a better night- and soon YOUR "HOTTIE" will be home.. ( mine is staying with me- but he says do not worry- he will watch your house as well... teeheee...)

Glacier
01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I used to be very afraid of the dark. Then I moved up here. It was either stay inside pretty much all winter or get over it! We get about fours a day of light for a couple months. We will break 7 hours of light today by a couple minutes!

I've grown to like the dark now. The trails always quiet, I can safely take the problem dogs out for a run with no worries and there is nothing quite like running a dog team under a full moon!

David is a cutie!

finn's mom
01-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I used to be very afraid of the dark. Then I moved up here. It was either stay inside pretty much all winter or get over it! We get about fours a day of light for a couple months. We will break 7 hours of light today by a couple minutes!

I've grown to like the dark now. The trails always quiet, I can safely take the problem dogs out for a run with no worries and there is nothing quite like running a dog team under a full moon!

David is a cutie!

Well, I'm a lot better than I used to be. :) I'm sure if I lived up there, I'd adjust! I don't think David would, though, he absolutely MUST have his Vitamin D. ;) I tell him I need Vitamin D, too, but I mean Vitamin David, not the stuff you get from sunshine. hee hee. And, wow, I can only imagine going on a moonlit trail ride! Your life fascinates me endlessly! (I seriously want to visit one day!) And, thanks for the compliment, I'll be sure to let David read this...everyone loves an ego boost every now and then (from someone besides their family and friends!).

Well dear heart- I hope you have a better night- and soon YOUR "HOTTIE" will be home.. ( mine is staying with me- but he says do not worry- he will watch your house as well... teeheee...)

Thanks, Hottie! And, I'm sure I'll be better off tonight, these replies have helped me a lot!

Ya I'm freaked out sometimes by the dark, when I go out to my pigeons for a night check up I always feel like somthing is watching me so I run in the shed and shut the door lol.

I won't take the trash out or check the mailbox when it gets really dark outside...and, if I do, I run out and run back in. ;) I need to get over that! By the way, I love your signature! Gorgeous bird!